Ladonia's name should be changed
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rolling eyes

United States

#21 Jul 9, 2013
Yep you're right..a search does prove it. I see commendations, line of duty (something ridiculous apparently knows nothing about), and a long work history in trying to take illegal drugs off the street. Dang, maybe that's just what a cop is SUPPOSE to do! But in Ladonia at least we know the town hall/cafe is safe and free of drugs......maybe
Facts and opinions

Rockwall, TX

#22 Jul 9, 2013
I wouldn't bet on it rolling eyes lol!
oops

United States

#23 Jul 15, 2013
Well it seems the chief pulled another stunt in his effort of harassment and terror, and brought in the ATF to raid a mans home.....
To find (surprise!) nothing
just saying

Carrollton, TX

#24 Jul 16, 2013
ridiculous wrote:
Well I followed the link and it seems the paper is a Matthew Hooper fan. If you Google his name you'll find that this is the second law suit in the last year he has filed against his law enforcement employer. The last one was against his last employer Naples police department. What newspaper prints a law suit in its entirety in the paper or the entire minutes of a city council meeting.. Or it seems Thats what The paper is doing they seem to leave out the reasons for the complaints against Hooper. like Sexual Harassment, sleeping on the job And inappropriate contact with a teenage girl. It seems two of the councilman approve this type of activity. councilman birch needs to read up on his constitution.. In one newspaper article he defends using the ladonia paper by quoting the 2nd amendment... Lol what a dumbass!! The same paper reported this councilman being arrested for abuse of office.. Seems that same councilman supports the sue happy cop. Another interesting article you will find on hooper is a Tmpa magazine article were hooper is thanking his attorney for saving his job. He quotes his past employer for trying to railroad him. He signs it Naples police officer hooper. So I guess the last three jobs he has had have been sued.. It seems like small town corrupt politics supported by a corrupt paper. Too me. Rolling eyes just for the interest of full disclosure I have friends and family that live in ladonia . What's UR interest uless man..
Well, regardless of the information about Hooper, the Chief of police is a nut case...and what was done to Hooper was wrong and the City of Ladonia will go broke paying the judgment in Federal Court and that is a shame. Chief Corbett could be an asset to the City of Ladonia if he was another person. He is too much of a arrogant, pig headed, woman hater to ever be able to do the right thing. His personality is flawed and he will retaliate against any and all, and should not have any kind of power over people. He is not capable of doing the right thing now or ever. I don't know what the mayor sees in him and as soon as she stops doing what he says, she'll be his next victim, if she already isn't ?

Since: Jun 13

United States

#25 Jul 16, 2013
Let me start by saying that I do not live in Ladonia. There are 2 reasons I want to comment here. One is that I have friends who live there. Two is that I am very good at researching info on the Internet. It seems that RIDICULOUS is actually someone named Corbett. Does that name ring a bell?

Since: Jun 13

United States

#26 Jul 18, 2013
Let me stress that at this point this is just a rumor. It deserves to be looked into. Word on the street is that there is a little 13 year old black girl who was molested by the police chief and her mother Is too frightened to do anything about it. If this turns out to be true it is apalling. Can anyone substantiate or discredit this rumor?
oops

United States

#27 Jul 30, 2013
Is heard all over town...
ol timer

Euless, TX

#28 Aug 8, 2013
Glad to see so many people at city council standing up and making public the shenanigans of this punk chief of police! Can't wait to read the History of Ladonia book in a few years, since I have always enjoyed a comedy
Honey

Telephone, TX

#29 Aug 10, 2013
IMDale wrote:
Let me stress that at this point this is just a rumor. It deserves to be looked into. Word on the street is that there is a little 13 year old black girl who was molested by the police chief and her mother Is too frightened to do anything about it. If this turns out to be true it is apalling. Can anyone substantiate or discredit this rumor?
I would not be surprised. The black community in Ladonia feels intimidated by Corbett and helpless to do anything about it for fear of retaliation. That's not a rumor. Go to one of the so-called City Court sessions. Sit in the back of the room and just listen to the conversations.
fed up

Rockwall, TX

#30 Aug 12, 2013
actions speak louder than words and our police chief is a liar and corrupt as you can get . nope I am not a cop would not want that title . just a fed up citizen . I know he told BS on one of hooper's supporters and took ATF to his home saying he was dealing in stolen fire arms ATF cleared the man just more of his intimidation tactics and retaliation while he is buddies with the criminal element . using city police vehicle and city gas to visit his girl friends in other cities . that is true facts . several witnesses .
fed up

Rockwall, TX

#31 Aug 12, 2013
I just saw a post where Ladonia Police chief strikes again shooting another dog in its own yard . rescuers saved the dog but one leg has to be taken off due to the bullet hole in it's leg .
ol timer

Euless, TX

#32 Aug 14, 2013
That man is a sicko! It's a shame they gave a gun and a badge to someone who is so seriously deranged. The town will soon be broke with all the lawsuits lining up. If they can't fire him then the town should take away his gun and give him an office, a desk, and pinwheel to play with to keep him from doing more harm.
Bob

United States

#33 Sep 19, 2013
Agree.
whasup

Euless, TX

#34 Jan 23, 2014
So with all the money problems that the town has..why are they paying for police protection when the chief couldn't be found during the ice storm? Even the sheriffs dept couldn't get him on the phone. 4 + days with no electricty and not a patrol car in sight..oh wait, my mistake, there was one frozen to the ground by the city hall.
But he can be seen out of uniform transporting his family from his home to the local ball game using the city pickup. Glad to know our taxes go for his comfort
luci lu

Rockwall, TX

#35 Jul 4, 2014
Lorrie Page wrote:
This is public information and "QUOTABLE" too, could even become front page news.... and it takes a "true-blue" coward to call their local newspaper "gossip" and stand firm in their statement, signing an anonymous name behind their statements. The local newspaper DID NOT put Ladonia in the situation they have, but it was asked to attend council meetings to 'shine a light' on happenings.... which is exactly what has happened... SIGNED, LORRIE PAGE, EDITOR..........
<quoted text>
yeah right! duh!!!!!!!!!!
hppy2b

United States

#36 Aug 28, 2014
Curious wrote:
Anyone have a link to any of those articles you mentioned?
actually that same cop suing the city is the same cop that use to sleep on my boyfriend"s couch when on duty , i watched him sleep a couple of times.. and haven't you hear" about" Lay down on ya" . Ladonia lol
hppy2b

United States

#37 Aug 28, 2014
that is how rumors start dont believe everything you hear !! and its ridiculous !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Sulphur Springs, TX (Jul '10) 15 hr sarabella 19
News Storm Spotter Training Program at Grayson Colle... Sun sarabella 1
Wal-Mart overnight workers May 31 Pink Escada 11
why are white women, starting to prefer black m... (Feb '13) May 31 chuckles 231
City looking yet for another water pollution co... May 30 localhomerNOT 3
graveyard workers May 29 dcd 37
News Delta Co. residents to vote on alcohol sales May 29 sarabella 3
More from around the web

Cooper People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]