Next Sheriff's Election

Next Sheriff's Election

Posted in the Cooper Forum

Curious

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2011
Has it been made public who is running for Sheriff in the next election? I have heard many rumors.
jadams777

Humble, TX

#2 Dec 1, 2011
People have until December the 15th to sign up so we wont know them all for sure until then. Some have already signed up but not sure if they have went public or not
knows

Houston, TX

#3 Dec 1, 2011
Anyone will beat Teague.
VIET VET

Leonard, TX

#4 Feb 12, 2012
Ricky Smith home town boy made major w/ DPS has moved back & is wanting to give something back to county he grew up in...I just hope FBC dont back him....LOL
Skeeter

Murchison, TX

#5 Feb 12, 2012
So Nam, guess you are one of those "Up standing christians" who feel its alright to talk trash about other churches and the people who attend those churches. What's your real name? I would really like to know who may be sitting in my church.
What

Humble, TX

#6 Feb 12, 2012
Toon
Really

Lone Oak, TX

#7 Feb 12, 2012
VIET VET wrote:
Ricky Smith home town boy made major w/ DPS has moved back & is wanting to give something back to county he grew up in...I just hope FBC dont back him....LOL
Does he go to any of the churches in Delta?
Wondering

Lone Oak, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2012
I was told Rick Smith has not filed yet. How is it he is considered a candidate? That doesn't seem right.
Stir it up

Cumby, TX

#9 Feb 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
I was told Rick Smith has not filed yet. How is it he is considered a candidate? That doesn't seem right.
And he doesn't even live in Delta County. Has property here, but lives in Rockwall.
SRJ

Corpus Christi, TX

#10 Feb 14, 2012
It has been checked and there is no property listed on the tax rolls in Ricky Smiths name, and yes he does live in Rockwall, has a house in Rockwall and his homestead is in Rockwass County tax rolls. He came to Delta County the last of Dec. 2011 and signed up to vote here. Do not know when he signed up to run but the state says there has not been a signing up period since Dec. 19, 2011, and that is from the Sec. of State office. I was told this by three ladies so I called just to see if they were right and they were. They told me that if any one had signed up since Dec. 19 it was not legal, and they said they did not know right now if there would be another signing up time till the three Federal Judges made up there minds what was going to happen.
Curious 2

Cumby, TX

#11 Feb 14, 2012
SRJ since you have been to the court house and know all the details how about telling us who is running. That was the original question on this post.
sam

Murchison, TX

#12 Feb 14, 2012
SRJ , seems like someone has a personal agenda! I have heard that name belongs to gr wood, is that true?
Curious 2

Cumby, TX

#13 Feb 14, 2012
Why would we want to go down that road again. He had his chance and it did not seem to work very well.
Think Again

Lone Oak, TX

#14 Feb 16, 2012
Curious 2 wrote:
SRJ since you have been to the court house and know all the details how about telling us who is running. That was the original question on this post.
Rick Smith, GR Woods, Gene Burns
bigmac

Calvert City, KY

#15 May 29, 2012
how to you run?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
favorite local doctors Tue maybe 2
News Early morning shooting in Roxton leaves one dead Jan 9 sunshine_lvr69 5
Raw sewage Jan 6 Trulla 1
why are white women, starting to prefer black m... (Feb '13) Dec 24 Real 286
Does anyone know Todd Dyer??? (Jun '17) Dec 21 Equilia 3
Criminal Lawyer (Jun '11) Dec '17 Miranda 11
News Two die in head-on collision near Hopkins-Rains... (Mar '07) Dec '17 James simonek 15

Cooper Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cooper Mortgages