Constable salary
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Lone Oak, TX

#1 Aug 31, 2012
I think that the deputies or sheriff should take care of these duties. It is a small county and we could not pay for the gas and up keep of the car much less pay him a salary. This seems like another of the good ole boy system to me. I say park that car and pay deputies a little better and maybe some will stay.
Interesting

Lone Oak, TX

#2 Aug 31, 2012
Concerned wrote:
I think that the deputies or sheriff should take care of these duties. It is a small county and we could not pay for the gas and up keep of the car much less pay him a salary. This seems like another of the good ole boy system to me. I say park that car and pay deputies a little better and maybe some will stay.
Oh yea and you're not a good ole boy, uh huh. You're showing your colors lol
Concerned Too

Lone Oak, TX

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Concerned: If you are not paid enough, go find a better job. No one is begging you to stay.
Concerned

Lone Oak, TX

#4 Sep 1, 2012
My true colors are that I think that the high taxes we all pay are being wasted. I don't understand the better job comment but the ones begging for raises could go somewhere and get a real job..
Question

United States

#5 Sep 1, 2012
Concerned is dead on.
Happy

Flint, TX

#6 Sep 3, 2012
Someone needing a job? Go see the County and they will give you one. What's money? They can always raise taxes or cut back on services to give out money to a buddy.
Next Up

Cooper, TX

#7 Sep 4, 2012
Well Rip Templeton asked that your taxes be raised even higher than the were last year in the budget work shop they had today. I heard that Brantley and Moody said no to it and the judge had to make the final decission to break the tie. The judge said no.
Just So You Know

Sulphur Springs, TX

#8 Sep 8, 2012
The Constables position is necessary in county government. They have a large workload they are respomsible for, not only with civil process, but state mandated bailiff duties as well. Mainly, though, the Constable is the only official in county government that that remove a sitting duly elected sheriff from office in a case of corruption. If the constables job was taken over by the Sheriff, there would be no one in county government who could legally do that.
Happy

Flint, TX

#9 Sep 9, 2012
Some counties do not have a constable at all.
Obvious

Lone Oak, TX

#10 Sep 9, 2012
Happy wrote:
Some counties do not have a constable at all.
He does his job, what's your beef? We don't have enough deputies to do the job and before Snow came along the paper service wasn't getting done. He does his job, cost us very little when you consider we've had his services for 4 years free of charge. So what's the problem? Do you expect these jobs to be done for little to nothing or do you want to just not have a Delta county? Take your pick. If you don't like it, run for an office and give us your services for free. I mean, isn't that what your time is worth? LOL
Concerned

Lone Oak, TX

#11 Sep 9, 2012
He knew it did not pay anything when he took it then run for another term. I do not believe the deputies or sheriff does not have the time. You are right about if we don't take better care of our money we want have a county.
Happy

Flint, TX

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Does the constable have an office in Klondike? He spends a lot of time out that way.
TheOutsider

Bonham, TX

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Concerned wrote:
He knew it did not pay anything when he took it then run for another term. I do not believe the deputies or sheriff does not have the time. You are right about if we don't take better care of our money we want have a county.
The sheriff should have a lot of time on his hands.. Anyone ever seen him actually work? Probably not.
politicaly incorrect

Murchison, TX

#14 Sep 24, 2012
if everyone would pay taxes on time we could pay deputie more but when u set a budget on a set amount of money and u dont recive it then u cant pay ur bills
Happy

Flint, TX

#15 Sep 24, 2012
Why would we want to pay a deputy more?
LMAO

Cumby, TX

#16 Sep 25, 2012
politicaly incorrect wrote:
if everyone would pay taxes on time we could pay deputie more but when u set a budget on a set amount of money and u dont recive it then u cant pay ur bills
Just so you know, the budget is set on collecting 100% of the taxes. Non-payment or late payment doesn't effect it. LMAO
Question

Mabank, TX

#17 Sep 25, 2012
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know, the budget is set on collecting 100% of the taxes. Non-payment or late payment doesn't effect it. LMAO

So do the commissioners take out a loan some where to carry out general business for the county when there is not enough money in the budget, or when taxes are not paid to contribute to the budget?
Question

Mabank, TX

#18 Sep 25, 2012
Happy wrote:
Why would we want to pay a deputy more?
The trick is to pay a Deputy position more in hopes of attracting a better and more qualified person for the job. Not saying what we have isn't qualified, just saying more money is what brings in better quality and professionalism to the job. Low pay and no insurance won't attract what we want...and need!
LMAO

Cumby, TX

#19 Sep 26, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
So do the commissioners take out a loan some where to carry out general business for the county when there is not enough money in the budget, or when taxes are not paid to contribute to the budget?
The budget has to have some basis for income. ALL counties in Texas base their "budget" on 100% collection. When you figure your personal budget, don't you base it on your total income for the year? And yes, sometimes it's been necessary to borrow money to make up for late tax payments. I think this link was about if salaries are justified for the Constable, Sheriff, Deputies, etc. Complain about that all you want, I might even join you. My post was just pointing out how the budget process works. LMAO
Happy

Flint, TX

#20 Sep 26, 2012
MOST counties will base their budget projection on a certain percentage of collection. A lot of counties are not as dumb as this one.

A county is NOT required by law to spend all that they take in.

LMAO, you should get out more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Tue CheeseSniff 1,050
Blocked Tue Nonfr 3
why are white women, starting to prefer black m... (Feb '13) Jan 17 The Kangaroo 280
The worst president in US history is a Black man . Jan 8 Inquisitor 20
Election Erwin Cain's Brother-in-law says "Erwin Cain so... (Oct '10) Dec '16 Justice isnt blind 24
Review: Pennye West LPC (Aug '15) Dec '16 Elysia 5
Criminal Lawyer (Jun '11) Dec '16 Penny moye 10

Cooper Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cooper Mortgages