Hospital errors in state hold steady in 2010

There are 5 comments on the Jan 19, 2011, TwinCities.com story titled Hospital errors in state hold steady in 2010. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

It was a traumatic year for Minnesota hospitals in 2010 with nurses going on strike, many patients delaying elective procedures and the federal government overhauling the health care system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Mark

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jan 20, 2011
Between Obama and the nurses' union, it's a miracle hospitals stay afloat. Everyone is trying to bleed them dry.
drj

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 20, 2011
Anybody read the Strib. Their hack writer concluded that things have gotten much worse in 2010 than the past three years combined.
Sam Curitiba

Shenzhen, China

#3 Jan 20, 2011
I think every move to decrease the number of medical errors is laudable. While humans will always make mistakes -- after all, we aren't "superhumans" -- more attention to details and continuing close supervision to ensure all medical professionals are conscientious is critical. My mother was given medications that were meant to be given to the woman in the bed next to her back in 1988, and she went into cardiac arrest a few minutes after the nurse left the room, did not respond to the rescitation efforts, and died as a result of the nurse's negligence. Surprsingly, the nurse was not fired for incompetence and she worked at the hospital for years afterward. This kind of "mistake" is unforgiveable.
Richard

Hopkins, MN

#4 Jan 30, 2011
When doctors, nurses, surgeons etc., in the beginning all start out with honorable intentions. However, after seeing their paycheck's, and realizing they could make even more money, with what I call "the I heard this one before syndrome", is when the mistakes, errors, and flat out really don't care to hear the same story over and over again. They treat, medicate all alike, they obviously are asking for an accident, even death to happend! The simple fact that the nurses went out on strike shows that money is more important then the treatment they give.
But Wait

Wayzata, MN

#5 Jan 30, 2011
You as a Patient have no idea what is good for you. Only the arrogant Md with the attitude does. If you question, they can make up anything they want about you and your life may be in danger the next time you have to be seen and they are the attending Physician.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coon Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medical report: Fridley man who died after bein... (Apr '08) Mar '15 nathan Lemmer 199
News Man charged with five felonies (Oct '07) Feb '15 Blue Collar 69
Review: HAO Massage Feb '15 Eric 1
Poll Worked with Bill Mccann - Ham Lake (Feb '08) Feb '15 Mr cash only 48
News A coroner of compassion: The Anoka County medic... (Mar '08) Feb '15 nvrmnd 15
News Anoka Man Shot 7 Times, Suspect Arrested; Both ... (Nov '12) Feb '15 richardnoggin 10
News Mortgage scam snagged scores (Jun '08) Feb '15 thompson twins 64
More from around the web

Coon Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]