Since: Mar 13

Salem, OR

#1138 Mar 3, 2013
Understanding wrote:
Hi, I am back. I can see things have not changed since I was here last. Those of you who have charges against you, well you really should read what your report says about what you did and why you are getting the punishment that you deserve. If you will look at the jounal that is published ever three months you will see why the board is in place to take care of the people that you all take care for. These are your fellow partners of nuses and cna's. There is no excuse for what most of your are accused of. I had a nurse come in to today and pick up her license and we talked quite a while. She said she has come here to AZ to teach those of you who want to be nurses. She said her first question to the new class is. "How many of you are here for the money?" When they raise their hands she tells them than you do not belong here. Money is not going to cut it if you are going to make a life choice to be a nurse. Talk to nurses who had been doing this for 20years and over and than you will really learn something. I wish you all good luck and the strength to always make the correct choice, give the right answer and respond to the people that you care for in a loving way, they could be your mother, father, child or grandparent. Thanks for reading this. Have a great evening.
I don't think the point is that we who are disciplined by the board is whether we "deserve it" or not,but rather does the punishment fit the crime. Most times the Board goes way over board, most likely because they are afraid of being sued. It is unfortunate that we love to penialize and tear down, but then not rebuild afterwards. Many of us nurses who have lost our licenses deserve a chance to reprove ourselves.
Sue

Riverside, NJ

#1139 Mar 3, 2013
Exactly WHAT did I steal wrote:
In my opinion, which I know isn't worth much to some posters (but maybe others will have an open mind) the Board is going back years to find potential problems with nurses. Although obviously some haven't changed their ways, this approach is endangering patients who suffer at the hands of nurses whose cases are taking literally years to wind through the Boards. Medicare fraud is off the charts, but the Boards are more concerned with ancient history. It's horrible, and it's almost like people at the Boards are trying desperately to hold onto their jobs in the easiest way possible.
When the public starts sqwaking about patient abuse or some big nursing mistake hits the newspapers, the politicians react by throwing nurses under the bus to save their hides (both parties). They don't try it with cops.
Sue

Riverside, NJ

#1140 Mar 3, 2013
Understanding wrote:
I just kind of fell on to this website. Very interesting, to say the least. I work for the board and deal with people like you, who have messed up and not taken responsiblity for your actions. The Board of Nursing is here to PROTECT THE PUBLIC not to give YOU a slap on the hand and say go on your merry way and continue to do what you have been doing. If it were drugs, alcohol, abuse what ever the case. You are put on probation because you have to be accountable for what you do as an RN LPN or CNA. You took an oath and that doesn't mean you can screw up and it's ok. You are not like other people, you are in charge of peoples care and lives. And when you mess up you need to be punished. You don't get to drive drunk on the week end, you don't get to do drugs at your friends house or steal from the elderly or abuse the people you take care of. You have chosen this profession so live out your committment and stop whining. You are all adults act like it and take your punishment like men and women. Your right the board of nursing is not there for YOU they are there to protect the people that you care for. Maybe just maybe a little bit of this will help you all look at yourselves and say "I need to make some changes either that or get out of field of nursing." I have people like most of you in this chat website come into the board that I take care of and I can't believe you are professional people with the way you DEMAND your license DEMAND to speak to someone NOW. I makes me so scared to think that maybe one day one of you might be taking care of me.
An idiot Republican from Arizona who is probably a bigot and owns a gun. We need to get people like you out of government jobs.
monika

Phoenix, AZ

#1142 Mar 5, 2013
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
An idiot Republican from Arizona who is probably a bigot and owns a gun. We need to get people like you out of government jobs.
I second your post! You can spot the idiot Repukes so easily from their nonsensical posts. Get out of my state!
monika

Phoenix, AZ

#1143 Mar 5, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't work in healthcare, it's a good thing for me to be as far away as I can from u losers.And
no I would never let you clean my toilet.
Steve, you don't work in healthcare and that is quite evident. However, I can see healthcare would NOT have had you. That is why you post such hatred towards others. You need to find a reason for existing in this world. Just for posting hatred on a forum is not enough. Remember Karma. It is real. Now, run off and find a life.
Florence

Benton, KY

#1144 Mar 5, 2013
Tweetybird328 wrote:
I think we should have this person Steve either explain his reason for such stupid comments or get off of this site. Nobody wants to hear his low life garbage. Agreed???
He probably flunked out of Nursing school, and now he's bitter.
Florence

Benton, KY

#1145 Mar 5, 2013
Mickey wrote:
I have just entered the health professional monitoring program. The urine drug screens are through affinity ehealth, are all urine drug screens observed?
Not in Ky.
Cookie

Sacramento, CA

#1146 Mar 5, 2013
monika wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve, you don't work in healthcare and that is quite evident. However, I can see healthcare would NOT have had you. That is why you post such hatred towards others. You need to find a reason for existing in this world. Just for posting hatred on a forum is not enough. Remember Karma. It is real. Now, run off and find a life.
Steve posted to another posting on Chandler Az Forum "nursing board nightmares" as Carol on Feb 23. Apparently he is unhappy because he believes his mother received poor nursing care at Good Sam hospital. He may have filed a complaint and it might have been found to have no merit, so now he is taking out his frustration on this site. I think the best way to deal with a person like him his just to ignore his postings. Responding to his comments just seems to encourage his ignorance.
Fallin from Grace

Grass Valley, CA

#1148 Mar 6, 2013
pitaguts wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think the point is that we who are disciplined by the board is whether we "deserve it" or not,but rather does the punishment fit the crime. Most times the Board goes way over board, most likely because they are afraid of being sued. It is unfortunate that we love to penialize and tear down, but then not rebuild afterwards. Many of us nurses who have lost our licenses deserve a chance to reprove ourselves.
Exactly, I believe there are two major points nurses are making here. Just how far the BON invades your life and the severity of their punishment. AND the fact you can almost never redeem yourself. Most people who get a DUI don't lose their entire income and career. They can get their driver's licenses back after completing certain programs. If you don't enter diversion the minute the BON offers it, there is little chance you can ever meet their standards to get your license back in the future. You have a better chance of redemption coming out of prison than you do with the BON. If I was 40 when I lost my license why is it assumed I will never be good enough to practice again?. When I was offered diversion my family was in absolute crisis, that does not mean I haven't found a way to recover since that time. I actually believe there are some people, like myself, who literally have their BON "file" flagged, "Never re-instate this persons license". The hearings are then just a kangaroo court, being held simply to satisfy the statues. I will agree that I deserved to be punished but to this extreme, no. Our society allows people to make a mistake and redeem themselves, the BON doesn't or they make it so difficult it is almost impossible to do. If the average citizen saw the extremes of the BON I doubt they would support their power, but people don't care if it doesn't directly affect them. That's life.
2013RNreal

Buffalo, NY

#1149 Mar 6, 2013
Hae! Woo! This is something. I wonder how much the board really knows or cares about whats going on in hospitals and nursing homes. LPNs are working as the only nurse on 25 to 45 bed units in nursing homes as nurse, charge nurse, med nurse, and treatment nurse with little to no help from ancillary staff or supervision. RNs are working in hospitals with 10 or more patients on their assignments on med/surg units, 4 to 5 patients in ICU, also with little to no help from staff or supervision. Patients are suffering due to short staffing and facilities trying to save a buck by keeping it that way. Some of the doctors are incompetent and absentee. They lie and throw nurses under the bus, just like the faulty prescription prescribing doctor described above. Its a very corrupt system. If the board really cares about patients like this, why do they allow this to continue. Most of the time the nurse is just used as a fall guy.
Kristin

Mount Pleasant, MI

#1150 Mar 7, 2013
Outraged wrote:
Obviously the board member listed above is an IDIOT and totally clueless. If they have EVER done bedside nursing it must have been 100 years ago. Just because a nurse is accused of something doesn't necessarily mean she/he is incompetent or guilty. I agree that nursing boards should protect patients, but they sure as hell should PROTECT NURSES. God I hope I never meet such a narrow minded person as yourself. You have become completely jaded by your profession. Do us all a favor and RESIGN immediately! If someone same into your house, threatened to take your kids, your house, your family, I'd bet my life you would raise a holy stink and you should if you are actually human. Sorry to all of you that have experienced unfair treatment from the likes of "understanding" who actually seems to have very little of that!
Very well said. I deal with drug seeking patients who, if not prescribed narcotics, like to seek revenge by falsely accusing physicians and medical staff of being impaired on the job. These are the people this board member "protects" and is an advocate for.
Disgusted RN

Benton, KY

#1151 Mar 7, 2013
It's the same way in Ky. My license was suspended for a year over a DUI I got 21 years ago. My year was up in August 2012. I just had my hearing and was denied reinstatement, due to I answered a question on the application incorrectly, however they would not tell me which question. I was just informed I could re-apply in 6 months from April 20th, and they want another 1200 dollars. There has to be something illegal in what they are doing to nurses. I have never been written up, or posed any threat to my patients. What can we do, where do we start? I've already called the Attorney General and they told me there was nothing they could do. I have not worked since Sept. 2011 (when my license was suspended), lost my home and cannot pay a lawyer. There must be something we can do!
Disgusted RN

Benton, KY

#1152 Mar 7, 2013
I meant my year was up in September 2012, not August. They brought the 21 year old DUI to my attention in August 2011.
Cookie

Sacramento, CA

#1153 Mar 7, 2013
Disgusted RN wrote:
It's the same way in Ky. My license was suspended for a year over a DUI I got 21 years ago. My year was up in August 2012. I just had my hearing and was denied reinstatement, due to I answered a question on the application incorrectly, however they would not tell me which question. I was just informed I could re-apply in 6 months from April 20th, and they want another 1200 dollars. There has to be something illegal in what they are doing to nurses. I have never been written up, or posed any threat to my patients. What can we do, where do we start? I've already called the Attorney General and they told me there was nothing they could do. I have not worked since Sept. 2011 (when my license was suspended), lost my home and cannot pay a lawyer. There must be something we can do!
Boards of Nursing fall under Administrative law so they make up their own rules and regulations under business and professional codes. Boards of Nursing are now using DUIs, ones that even happened years ago to generate revenue. Since California has started this practice, it has generated more than a quarter million in revenue last year. The board can interpret the business and professional codes anyway it sees fit. The Board has the authority to "discipline" and construe that to mean denying a Nursing license for a DUI is technically not the same as being "punished". This trend of denying licenses for past DUIs will continue as a way for boards to generate income to pay the lawyers, accountants, analysts who advice and work for the board. Boards of Nursing should change their mission statement from "Protect the Public" to "Protect Our Jobs".
Steve

Scottsdale, AZ

#1154 Mar 7, 2013
Disgusted RN wrote:
DUI=irresponsibility, could have killed someone. Do us all a favor, stay out of healthcare!
Disgusted RN

Benton, KY

#1155 Mar 7, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
DUI=irresponsibility, could have killed someone. Do us all a favor, stay out of healthcare!
It was 21 years ago, idiot. I'm sorry you flunked nursing school and can't move on, but it's time to let go. You are a sorry excuse for a human!
monika

Scottsdale, AZ

#1156 Mar 8, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away Steve, it is quite evident you have no life. You couldn't do nursing. You don't have the "cajones" to work hard. Do you work for the board? You are nothing but a bully. Posting on a forum where YOU know nothing about the profession is quite indicative of the face that you are bored. Find a hobby.
Cookie

Sacramento, CA

#1157 Mar 8, 2013
monika wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away Steve, it is quite evident you have no life. You couldn't do nursing. You don't have the "cajones" to work hard. Do you work for the board? You are nothing but a bully. Posting on a forum where YOU know nothing about the profession is quite indicative of the face that you are bored. Find a hobby.
Steve posted to "Nursing Board Nightmares" as Carol on Feb 23, he feels that his mother got poor care at Good Sam Hospital. Your response to his post was right on, he should take up the issue with the hospital. He may have and the complaint may have been found to be without merit. If his attitude was anything like his postings here, I could see how nursing may have been reluctant to put up with verbal abuse at Good Sam while caring for his mother.
Steve

Phoenix, AZ

#1158 Mar 8, 2013
monika wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it is a profession? You clock in, that is not a profession!

How many nursing errors contribute to the 100,000 unnecessary deaths each year according
to the institute of health. Actually, that number is much much higher. How many nocosomial
infections are attributable to a lack of hand washing by nursing. Ever look at state disciplinary
boards across the U.S., surprised at the number of nurses with felony convictions. Why so many
boundary violations? It is a disturbing trend, yet it's no wonder state nursing boards have such a
large staff. Ever wonder who pays for salaries at state nursing boards, the taxpayers. Get a life!
monika

Glendale, AZ

#1159 Mar 10, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it is a profession? You clock in, that is not a profession!
How many nursing errors contribute to the 100,000 unnecessary deaths each year according
to the institute of health. Actually, that number is much much higher. How many nocosomial
infections are attributable to a lack of hand washing by nursing. Ever look at state disciplinary
boards across the U.S., surprised at the number of nurses with felony convictions. Why so many
boundary violations? It is a disturbing trend, yet it's no wonder state nursing boards have such a
large staff. Ever wonder who pays for salaries at state nursing boards, the taxpayers. Get a life!
Your posts just further display the fact you have serious issues. You have no idea how many nurses actually work hard and care about patients. Yes, it is a career. You have no idea what nurses do. You assume all nurses are felons. Do you really think that they all are? If so, you are so clueless. Like stated before, you could NEVER do the work nurses are expected to do with the lack of resources and short staffing we have to deal with. You could NEVER go without lunch day after day after day. Hold your urine for a 12 hour shift? Try it Steve, you'd wet your pants!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coolidge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phoenix-area pastors consider gay marriage mess... (Oct '14) 1 hr Fire Wall 18
News Brawl Inside Chandler Walmart Ends With Fatal S... (Feb '14) May 21 The Ace of Spades 2
News Shooting on Galveston Street, Chandler, Az (May '10) May 21 The Ace of Spades 53
Seeking 9-10 year olds to play Football (Sep '07) May 21 The Ace of Spades 34
What are the dominant gangs in Chandler? (Jan '12) May 21 The Ace of Spades 30
News East Valley agencies embrace crisis-interventio... May 18 The Ace of Spades 2
News Pinal County honored for boosting immunization ... May 15 no war but still ... 1
More from around the web

Coolidge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]