how many nurses have had lost there l...
alyn918

Gilbert, AZ

#1096 Jan 30, 2013
yet-another-victim wrote:
let me tell u s'thing abt the board of nsg. they are not worh s***! as a cna i was asleep for abt 30 mins on the job abt 2 years ago when i was 3 months pregnant. some wicked cowoker of mine wrote me up for sleeping on the job and called the board and reported me for neglect coz one of my residents almost fell,(didn't actually fall but almost). amonth later i graduated as an RN and the freaking board wont let me sit for my license bc i was under investigation for neglect. can u imagine that this investigation stuff took over 11/2 years and here i am today almost 2 years after school working in gp homes making 8 dollars/ hr. do not get me started about how useless the board of nursing is. they could not care less abt people. i had letters from my obgyn and everything for my hearing and yet nothing. they could not care less about us if they tried. trust me. im living the nightmare. but is there anything that can be done about this instead of us just sitting and taking it?
doesnt that just burn your hide?? Why could they not shake your shoulder and ask you if you felt OK? We traditionally are not very nice to each other. I do not know why. I am kind to my coworkers, and try to help as much as I can. Most just chew up and spit out the young, the pregnant, the cute, who knows why. I think it is inconcevable that the BON is doing ths to you NOW. Afer all the hard work, money, intense preparation.
HLS

Covington, LA

#1097 Jan 30, 2013
25 year nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know every situation of the nurses who are being punished so how can you judge them. Before I was falsely accused of doing something with no investigation from the board and forced to endure severe punishment, I was the kind of nurse who made all A's in nursing school and went on for my Master's Degree. I was the one who took excellent care of my patients and went the extra mile for them. I sat with that dying woman in the nursing home on my time off just so someone could be with her and hold her hand as she took her last breaths. I was the nurse who comforted the little girl on the helicopter ride because she was afraid and her parents could not ride with her. I was the one who made colorful blankets to distribute to the children in the ER. I was the one who made 60 pairs of snowman earrings to give to all the employees of the ER on Christmas day. I was the one who fought with the surgeon who didn't want to come in because I had a "feeling" that the patient had appendicitis even though the tests were negative (I was right but was never thanked for my good judgement).
I'm the one who started a community outreach program to help underserved people of the neighborhood. And now I am not allowed to practice because a nurse I worked with used the prescription computer to write narcotics for herself and forged my name (she didn't even try to sign it like my signature). When she was caught, she begged me to admit to writing them to get herself out of trouble. I didn't but got in trouble anyway. Where is my court appointed attorney?
I think you've mistaken me for what "understanding" wrote.
mi mi

United States

#1098 Feb 3, 2013
My friends was accused of stealing at a nursing home she was never arrested or charge.. can she lose her chha
Cookie

Folsom, CA

#1099 Feb 3, 2013
mi mi wrote:
My friends was accused of stealing at a nursing home she was never arrested or charge.. can she lose her chha
I believe if a facility receives Medical/Medicaid they are required by law to report all incidents of a abuse. This would include theft of property, so there is the possibility that it will affect their license. Your friend can go online in the state she resides in and find more information on mandatory reporting.
shawnie1

Toledo, OH

#1100 Feb 6, 2013
I was recently clear of charges of drug diversion I have been suspended since Oct luckily I'm in an union am I entitle to pay I missed since I've been off
Exactly WHAT did I steal

Los Angeles, CA

#1101 Feb 15, 2013
Hi Shawnie1. I'm sorry nobody has answered your post. Hopefully we've been busy with Valentine's Day. I'm not sure what the law is in Ohio but if it is just, and you did NOT steal, my hope for you is that you can get pay. The system is so screwed up that we've got to find someone in the media to take this on, even if it's just under the story that the BRN's are wasting a ton of money on some of these false accusation, and that the BRN's are also endangering patients when they don't bother to follow up & find the truth. I hope somehow you get blessed & don't suffer too much from what they did, if you're innocent. If you are innocent, hang on to that for dear life and believe me, you'll find out who your real friends are. That in a way is a real gift.
CNA

Van Nuys, CA

#1102 Feb 15, 2013
If u fail a drug test for a pill being in your system. can the employer report you to the state board of nursing and how can this be cleared up if you no longer have the bottle and should you report yourself first
Indiana Nurse

Hazel Green, AL

#1103 Feb 16, 2013
Hi CNA- You need get a copy of the RX for the med you tested + for and submit it to your employer. If that cannot be done and your employer turns you into the state BON you are in for a long haul. Good Luck!!
Fallin from Grace

Lubbock, TX

#1104 Feb 16, 2013
CNA wrote:
If u fail a drug test for a pill being in your system. can the employer report you to the state board of nursing and how can this be cleared up if you no longer have the bottle and should you report yourself first
I believe there are some people on this Forum who can answer your question better than I can but a little more information is probably needed. Was this a random drug test for employment? Did you have a valid prescription for the medication you tested positive for? The pharmacy or the doctor who wrote you the prescription should have a record so you need to get that info asap if you no longer have the bottle. Personally I would NEVER report myself to the BON, let them contact you, AND if they do NEVER speak to the BON without an atty (who specializes in BON defense of nurses). The BON will twist everything you say so it is best to take the 5th. If you don't believe how bad bad can be take the time to attend a BON hearing close to you (they have 4 a year, last time I ckecked). It is a real education to attend a BON hearing and see first hand how they treat nurses. It could take years and years for the BON to catch up to you so get the prescription info now and keep it. Start researching now how to defend against this potential accusation. Good luck.
monika

Phoenix, AZ

#1105 Feb 16, 2013
SoontobRN wrote:
Hello everyone .. This is the first time I have been on this board and I found it more informative . I am currently under investigation in az for my first Dui and I have applied for liciensure , taken my nclex , passed and now I just have to wait until this investigation is over to get my licience . However .. It's been 7 months and I haven heard anything .. Should I go into the board of nursing and demand to speak to my investigator .. I heard another nurse say she did that and they just dropped the case .. Please help with what ever advise
You say you are dealing with Arizona? Good luck. Arizona is horrible to nurses. If you get out of this mess, my suggestion is to move to another state. You will not like working in Arizona!
Cookie

Folsom, CA

#1106 Feb 16, 2013
CNA wrote:
If you are a Certified Nursing Assistant then you fall under the Dept of Public Health and not the Boards of Registered and Vocational nursing. If you are working as a CNA and are passing medications in an Assisted Living Facility as a Med tech, then yes you may have some concern for failing a drug test, unless you can show that you have a prescription for the medication. Don't speak to anyone from any government agency without speaking to an attorney first.
monika

Phoenix, AZ

#1107 Feb 16, 2013
Cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a Certified Nursing Assistant then you fall under the Dept of Public Health and not the Boards of Registered and Vocational nursing. If you are working as a CNA and are passing medications in an Assisted Living Facility as a Med tech, then yes you may have some concern for failing a drug test, unless you can show that you have a prescription for the medication. Don't speak to anyone from any government agency without speaking to an attorney first.
Not if they live in Arizona. In Arizona CNA's do fall under the horrible Board of Nursing. I am certain other states may be the same. So, I think it all depends on the state the poster was talking about.
Steve

Scottsdale, AZ

#1108 Feb 17, 2013
I hope I never run into any of you pathetic creeps as a patient. If the BON
comes after any of you, there is a reason for it. None of you should ever
work in healthcare, do society a big favor and stay out.
Tweetybird328

Pompano Beach, FL

#1110 Feb 18, 2013
I really hope that I never have to deal with someone like you. You are the most negative person on this site . You probably need to know what you are talking about before you blast people.even better look in your own closet. I would think no one on this site needs any of your non professional attitude.
cpj1186

Gilbert, AZ

#1111 Feb 19, 2013
kenny chavez wrote:
The board is only good for collecting licesure dues. The board, what a joke. I found out the hardway that they care nothing about the nurse. As a newgrad back in 2000, a complaint was filled againgst me by a supervisor, who was looking for payback for me going through the chain of command, about his conduct. Eventually this lead to an accussation by him that I came in on my day off and took medications. I received a letter by the board who offered me diversion, and to inform me a complaint was filled. I immediately called them, to protest and to claim my innocence. If i knew then what i know now, even if innocent, take the diversion program. this was eventually turned over to an investigator, where i became just another case number. Iam 40 years old, married, two children own my own home, and at risk of loosing everything. Well once it was turned to the investigator, hired by the board, and can care less for the accussed, I supplied him with a full account of the events, signed releases to notify current and past employers, and called everyday for about the first 2 weeks, when he eventually told me to stop bugging him no news is good news. I felt somewhat reassured that they would find no merit to the allegation. As we all know, nursing is very clicky, shift against shift, peers against peers, which i cant understand. Well, i ended up leaving this hospital, going to another facility about 3 milles away. I live in a small community palm desert, and quickly found out, that everyone moonlights. My wife and i moved her from orange county, and new noone. Most of the nurses at the hospitals i have mentioned, have known each other for years. Rumors spread like a wild fire, that i was released from my former employer because of stealling meds. I quickly met with my director of the tele unit i worked on to disclose all the details for me leaving my last work place. I told her the rumors have to stop, and eventually called the board, whos advice was give it time, it will subside. Well to make along story short 3 years after working at my new place of employment, the investigator contacted my current employer, and told them i was being investigated for diversion. It just so happened that the director i had told about the investigation that was going on, but had no idea it would take 3 years, was on vacation. The day the investigator contacted my employer i was fired. I found this out later in court records. well this investigator then came and audited 3 years of charting my me and found 9 discrepencies in regards to medication documentation. I soon got a letter by the District attorney that they intended to charge me with 9 felony counts, for drug diversion. This stuff does happen. This is something you read about, but i assure you, i am real and iam here fighting for my life. We will soon be going to trial and feel confident, but at this point, dont trust anyone, including are legal system. So i know first hand what a joke the board ia and how little support they offer to nurses..........kenny chavez RN
WOW---thought you had gotten hold of my story somehow. I think the only way to make a diff is to have a union. When my mess is EVER over--not sure if it is going to be--I am gonna look into how to get something like that started. There has to be a better way. Nurses are a valuable part of the healthcare institution, yet we get treated so invredibly poorly when an issue comes up. I had a supervisor file a complaint because she was MAD that I gave notice to go work for a better hosp-better pay, etc (some registry nurse wrote me up about an idiotic issue, at the time, the supervisor said "no big deal, I provided, reluctantly, a for cause ua, negative like I knew it would be, then she informs the BON anyway----a month or 2 AFTER the issue happened. Just out of malice. Once that ball is rolling you are mud. If u can, get an atty, makes it less stressful, and they KNOW how the BON is. good luck
cpj1186

Gilbert, AZ

#1112 Feb 19, 2013
Cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the AZ BON runs the CNA's as well. You are right about an atty, but it costs a LOT of money. So diff to doit on your own. Talk about stress.
cpj1186

Gilbert, AZ

#1113 Feb 19, 2013
Steve wrote:
WHO are you referring to? If you have nothing to back yourself up with, then go be constuctive and stay off this site. Unless you have been there you have no idea what you are talking about. btw, I would not be rude to a healthcare professional who one day may be the one answering your call light. Karma, my dear. Now that I think about it, u are prob a "plant" from the BON, that has to be it. go away.
Mickey

Portage, MI

#1114 Feb 19, 2013
I have just entered the health professional monitoring program. The urine drug screens are through affinity ehealth, are all urine drug screens observed?
Fallin from Grace

Lubbock, TX

#1115 Feb 19, 2013
Steve wrote:
Steve, You are just the kind of guy I have been longing for.....since I have a history of getting involved with verbally and emotionally abusive men. Hit me up baby, send me your e-mail or phone number so I don't miss another opportunity to be loved by a great guy.
Steve

Mesa, AZ

#1116 Feb 20, 2013
NO

I suggest you call your mommie and ask her what the hell went wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coolidge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So, Where is That B@[email protected] Nadal Hassan?? Impeac... Jun 21 Major Nadal Hassan 2
missing person - Wanda Lingafelter Jun 18 Lynda Griffin 1
Muslim Control you, stupid American Beasts, All... Jun 15 Major Nadal Hassan 7
Village at Copper Basin (Feb '11) Jun 14 gunner1408 33
News East Valley agencies embrace crisis-interventio... (May '15) May '16 Lisa 3
News Pinal County honored for boosting immunization ... (May '15) May '15 no war but still ... 1
News Coolidge woman arrested as chase ends in Florence (May '15) May '15 full stop 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coolidge Mortgages