Posted in the Coolidge Forum

First Prev
of 107
Next Last

“Corporate america companies ”

Since: Jul 07

Phoenix, Arizona

#1 Aug 1, 2007
I went with a friend to the board of nursing and i was just shocked that most nurses didnt have an representation but nursing board had a lawyer there. But most nurses didnt know that this lawyer was not there to help them but to throw them under the bus and make them jump through hoops to get there license back . This angers me and i would like to start a union for nurses and make sure this doesnt happen to no more good nurse or doctors and the board of nursing will have to pay with a class action law suit and if alot of nurses and doctors have been wrongfully accussed without representation then we will have a good case and a good shot at making a difference i know that nurses jobs are very hard jobs to follow and very hard to quit after you have been doing this job for months and years after education and work experience, lets make a change for a diffence message me and lets get this started .
CG NURSE

Mesa, AZ

#2 Aug 6, 2007
I recently relocated to AZ. The practice of nursing is apalling, the conditions are unsafe. During a 12 hour shift I am lucky if I get my half hour lunch break. I have seen nurses take required education classes in the morning and be expected to work 12 hours after class. AZ does not seem to follow nationwide standards of practice - at least not at the local hospital. Unionization is the way to go. Only then will the employer be forced to staff departments appropriately, provide better benefits, and nurses will have some sort of protection for doing what is right.
kenny chavez

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#3 Feb 7, 2008
The board is only good for collecting licesure dues. The board, what a joke. I found out the hardway that they care nothing about the nurse. As a newgrad back in 2000, a complaint was filled againgst me by a supervisor, who was looking for payback for me going through the chain of command, about his conduct. Eventually this lead to an accussation by him that I came in on my day off and took medications. I received a letter by the board who offered me diversion, and to inform me a complaint was filled. I immediately called them, to protest and to claim my innocence. If i knew then what i know now, even if innocent, take the diversion program. this was eventually turned over to an investigator, where i became just another case number. Iam 40 years old, married, two children own my own home, and at risk of loosing everything. Well once it was turned to the investigator, hired by the board, and can care less for the accussed, I supplied him with a full account of the events, signed releases to notify current and past employers, and called everyday for about the first 2 weeks, when he eventually told me to stop bugging him no news is good news. I felt somewhat reassured that they would find no merit to the allegation. As we all know, nursing is very clicky, shift against shift, peers against peers, which i cant understand. Well, i ended up leaving this hospital, going to another facility about 3 milles away. I live in a small community palm desert, and quickly found out, that everyone moonlights. My wife and i moved her from orange county, and new noone. Most of the nurses at the hospitals i have mentioned, have known each other for years. Rumors spread like a wild fire, that i was released from my former employer because of stealling meds. I quickly met with my director of the tele unit i worked on to disclose all the details for me leaving my last work place. I told her the rumors have to stop, and eventually called the board, whos advice was give it time, it will subside. Well to make along story short 3 years after working at my new place of employment, the investigator contacted my current employer, and told them i was being investigated for diversion. It just so happened that the director i had told about the investigation that was going on, but had no idea it would take 3 years, was on vacation. The day the investigator contacted my employer i was fired. I found this out later in court records. well this investigator then came and audited 3 years of charting my me and found 9 discrepencies in regards to medication documentation. I soon got a letter by the District attorney that they intended to charge me with 9 felony counts, for drug diversion. This stuff does happen. This is something you read about, but i assure you, i am real and iam here fighting for my life. We will soon be going to trial and feel confident, but at this point, dont trust anyone, including are legal system. So i know first hand what a joke the board ia and how little support they offer to nurses..........kenny chavez RN
jessie walker RN

Garland, TX

#4 Feb 17, 2008
Thank you so much Kenny I am having the exact same problem. The DA in Oakland has informed me I will be expected to be on trial on March 28th 08. I live in Texas now my finances are the worst, and the nurse who brought these accusations against me did so out of spite. I really wish now I had kissed her ass like my co-workers told me to. I just cannot believe this got so out of control and now my livelihood is in jeporady. Let me know how it goes for you. I have even been getting letters from law firms in the Bay area who specialize in nursing malpractice. Do I need a lawyer? How did they even know about this? Every time the Oakland DA left messages for me I would cry and think What The F---. Anyhow, I understand the reason the Board needs to keep the public safe but I've been Sober since Jan 20, 1985 and I'm still very active in my Taxas Group. I'm really scared and I'm pissed to. I worked so hard to be a Nurse and it sure is different than anything I thought it would be. I'm calling the board tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to tell me what this Trial will entail. Thanks again and God Bless Jessie Walker. 2-18-08
lovebug

AOL

#5 Apr 28, 2008
let me tell you how much i know. i was put on loa last year because a lortab was pulled from a patient i did not have that day and under my pxyis code. the nurse reported it to the charge nurse who is a fill in and then called the manager cause this was on a saturday. i was working overtime and on a different rotation. that charge nurse told all her friends and every one knew it but me. i was called in to do a drug test the next week and tested positive for propoxyphene. my husband had this rx and i took one because of a bad ha.it showed up a week later in that dang drug test. then they started investigating and found places where i had not documented. now take in mind everything we did was double charted. too much charting. we have no cnas. we are responsible for bathes and everything under the sun. something had to give.i found my self staying over late to chart. could not do it every time i work. any way went to pcbh and got a negative diagnosis. but i put my self through a NOVA 8 week class to prove to everyone. the investigator called me march and i tried to tell him everything i had already done. he did not care. he told me i had 4 weeks to go to rpp and get another assesement and to respond to complaint. i wrote the letter that night. rpp never would call me. i got in with them 3 weeks later. called the investigator and he said he already turned the summary in. they suspended my liscence. i had already received 2 negative diagnosis, completed 10 urine drug screens but nobody but rpp knew it cause investigator never spoke with rpp. i even handed my report on the complaint to rpp and he forgot to fax it to investigator.after rpp gave me the ngative diagnosis call me back and said pickens sent a nos dianosis, a year later. everyone is lying. the investigator denied he said i had 4 weeks.pickens is lying and said they wanted me to go iop but instead i wanted NOVA. i am getting a lawyer cause i have phone records and all records to prove they all screwed up. the only thing i dont have proof of is that the investigator told me i have 4 weeks. sorry of him to lie and throw me to the state board like raw meat.pickens also sent a paper in march to rpp and my old job that i was non-compliant with nova. never said y or anything. the reason being because i owed them money. it has been one mess after another of lies and screw ups because no body is communicating. that darn investigator wont call me. i told their lawyer i was getting a lawyer.
angry

Eagle, ID

#6 May 30, 2008
My license is also in jeopardy because I reported the male nurse who indecently assaulted me at work.I said I was doing better and she assumed I was mentally ill. I think having a union statewide is the best idea I have ever heard. The lawyers who work for the nursing boards are awful. I was told after doing all that was expected by the lawyer that SHE would make the final descision about my license, not the board.
Maggie-AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

#7 Jun 30, 2008
Going to the board hearings are more than just an eye opener. It is scary that our lives,livleyhoods are deteremined by them,many not very educated.And the subjective way they punish you-there is no guidelines I can see that should be in place. There was a guy who gave a speech before me ,he was asking for early release from probation.His crime: 10 yrs ago he lived in another state. After high school grad he received a DUI.He did all the steps expected of him..MAAD etc and decided to get his life together. He went to nursing scool, had a job where he was well respected and never had another bit of trouble.Until he moved to AZ. He was put on probation for that long ago DUI. In his speech he told the above,he married,bought a house, was a settled family man with no trouble,exc reports from former employer...The board deliberated briefly and said to him (which I think is close to diagnosing, which we all know we cant do!)" Mr So&So- we believe you might still be an alcoholic, and just havent acknowledged it yet,probation denied" My jaw hit the floor.

My own story is long and unfair and I'm still fighting to the death. But... Did anyone hear about a new board member elected in maybe Colorado or Texas. She started looking thru past records and how judgements were handed down, usually not fiiting to the infraction. She was turned away sev times by the Governor but eventually he/she gave in and all the cases for several years were reviewed and a large majority were thrown out-as well as the board members. We need someone or a group like that to vindicate those of us torn up and spit out by out board.

Sorry, but I get passionate about this and cant shut up! Who knows, maybe it will be me. Good luck and thanks for listening! M
Maggie-AZ

Scottsdale, AZ

#8 Jun 30, 2008
I would report that lawyer-they are from the Attorney Generals Office and they work for the board. The one I was fantastic and tried so hard to get them to change my probation status. He worked so hard for me because he thought they had their heads...I forget-somewhere. He got half of the probation rules I had to follow thrown out and basically said let me know what you want in or out of the consent agreement, or how I wanted it worded..which was big. And then wrote a letter on his Attny Gen letterhead which I could show employers to help get a job on probation. I really would( I know talking to everyone is awful and scary and I threw up all the time) but sending a letter to the Attny Gen Office seems right.She really does have to do what the board wants-if that werent the case I would have had a letter of censure instead of probation because thats what he felt was appropriate, but his hands were tied. Hang in there! M
mark ohio

Sewickley, PA

#9 Jul 5, 2008
recently i was charged with OVI in ohio and somebody turned me in to board. the board is notinterested in helping at all, just in discipline
rhrpastrn

Madison, MS

#10 Jul 15, 2008
everything that is said and typed above happened to me and i surrendered my license because they were going to eat me up. now they just want to eat me up and never let me see the license again. i am going through severe depression and anxiety and feel like i have lost my life. i have been an rn for 17 years and have gone thru 8 years of college all of this happened when i was about to graduate from psy nurse prac school. it has take my entire life away. any words of wisdom???????
yet-another-vict im

United States

#11 Jul 16, 2008
let me tell u s'thing abt the board of nsg. they are not worh s***! as a cna i was asleep for abt 30 mins on the job abt 2 years ago when i was 3 months pregnant. some wicked cowoker of mine wrote me up for sleeping on the job and called the board and reported me for neglect coz one of my residents almost fell,(didn't actually fall but almost). amonth later i graduated as an RN and the freaking board wont let me sit for my license bc i was under investigation for neglect. can u imagine that this investigation stuff took over 11/2 years and here i am today almost 2 years after school working in gp homes making 8 dollars/ hr. do not get me started about how useless the board of nursing is. they could not care less abt people. i had letters from my obgyn and everything for my hearing and yet nothing. they could not care less about us if they tried. trust me. im living the nightmare. but is there anything that can be done about this instead of us just sitting and taking it?
Sage

Poway, CA

#12 Jul 30, 2008
I can relate to all of you. My lisence was revoked because I forgot to put in an address change. I was notified that my court date was in March 07.....But I flaked I didnt get it. My crime was pilfering from the patients. However, I have been clean and sober for eight years, I went through all the programs that I was supposed to but now I have to wait two years to even appeal again. My school loan is now at 206,000.00- funny thing is they are threatening to take my RN ....as if. I feel like I have absolutely no control- I did write to the Govenor but no answer. Talk about feeling isolated, I am so glad that I found this site.
the creep

Mentor, OH

#13 Aug 11, 2008
While working in a busy Dr. office the DR. daily sins a book or two of Rx pads then has the nurse and his medical assistant fill them in when he is cornered over a srcipt he writes he states he has no knowlage of that particular conversation, and throws his RN under the buss.
CHARLIE CA

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Sep 1, 2008
can I lose my Lic for a loitering with intent to commit prostitution conviction ( misdemeanor)?
rose

Foley, AL

#15 Sep 3, 2008
menofbusiness wrote:
I went with a friend to the board of nursing and i was just shocked that most nurses didnt have an representation but nursing board had a lawyer there. But most nurses didnt know that this lawyer was not there to help them but to throw them under the bus and make them jump through hoops to get there license back . This angers me and i would like to start a union for nurses and make sure this doesnt happen to no more good nurse or doctors and the board of nursing will have to pay with a class action law suit and if alot of nurses and doctors have been wrongfully accussed without representation then we will have a good case and a good shot at making a difference i know that nurses jobs are very hard jobs to follow and very hard to quit after you have been doing this job for months and years after education and work experience, lets make a change for a diffence message me and lets get this started .

I was accused of being impaired at work.The Board concurred I was incomptent. I surrendered my license because I thought if I did that I would not be fined. First of all. I wasn't impaired at work. I had a discussion with the DON of whereI was employed. Imentioned issues I had seen at the workplace. Within the next 2 days.the Board of Nursing calls & tells me a c/o was received. He started asking me about medications. I have epilepsy & I had a brain tumor. I did no wrong yet I had a hearing, they made me feel soooo stupid. I was so tired of them I gave them my license. Now that was stupid because I did no wrong. I wish i had an attorney right now. I know this was because of what I saw. And they used my disability to act upon. I was a nurse for over 25 years without one complaint or issue. It makes me sick! you are so right!
Understanding

Chandler, AZ

#16 Sep 25, 2008
I just kind of fell on to this website. Very interesting, to say the least. I work for the board and deal with people like you, who have messed up and not taken responsiblity for your actions. The Board of Nursing is here to PROTECT THE PUBLIC not to give YOU a slap on the hand and say go on your merry way and continue to do what you have been doing. If it were drugs, alcohol, abuse what ever the case. You are put on probation because you have to be accountable for what you do as an RN LPN or CNA. You took an oath and that doesn't mean you can screw up and it's ok. You are not like other people, you are in charge of peoples care and lives. And when you mess up you need to be punished. You don't get to drive drunk on the week end, you don't get to do drugs at your friends house or steal from the elderly or abuse the people you take care of. You have chosen this profession so live out your committment and stop whining. You are all adults act like it and take your punishment like men and women. Your right the board of nursing is not there for YOU they are there to protect the people that you care for. Maybe just maybe a little bit of this will help you all look at yourselves and say "I need to make some changes either that or get out of field of nursing." I have people like most of you in this chat website come into the board that I take care of and I can't believe you are professional people with the way you DEMAND your license DEMAND to speak to someone NOW. I makes me so scared to think that maybe one day one of you might be taking care of me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Outraged

Kansas City, MO

#17 Oct 16, 2008
Obviously the board member listed above is an IDIOT and totally clueless. If they have EVER done bedside nursing it must have been 100 years ago. Just because a nurse is accused of something doesn't necessarily mean she/he is incompetent or guilty. I agree that nursing boards should protect patients, but they sure as hell should PROTECT NURSES. God I hope I never meet such a narrow minded person as yourself. You have become completely jaded by your profession. Do us all a favor and RESIGN immediately! If someone same into your house, threatened to take your kids, your house, your family, I'd bet my life you would raise a holy stink and you should if you are actually human. Sorry to all of you that have experienced unfair treatment from the likes of "understanding" who actually seems to have very little of that!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ivory dove

Helotes, TX

#18 Oct 18, 2008
CG NURSE wrote:
I recently relocated to AZ. The practice of nursing is apalling, the conditions are unsafe. During a 12 hour shift I am lucky if I get my half hour lunch break. I have seen nurses take required education classes in the morning and be expected to work 12 hours after class. AZ does not seem to follow nationwide standards of practice - at least not at the local hospital. Unionization is the way to go. Only then will the employer be forced to staff departments appropriately, provide better benefits, and nurses will have some sort of protection for doing what is right.
Please update me. I was told that nurses leave diagnosis to the doctors and are responsible to offer comfort measures to the patients. Was I given
inaccurate information? Do nurses really need malpractice insurance of
their own now? Is that why there is a growing nurse shortage?
Former Nurse

Hamilton, OH

#19 Nov 7, 2008
See www.advocatefornurses.typepad.com . There is a nurse attorney who blogs about these kinds of issues.
kali4551

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Nov 26, 2008
I can relate to you because my licensewas revoked for 3 years due tio an address change. It has only been a year and I can not find any information about license default decision, so I do not know the next step to take, I know I have to wait the 3years but nothing else. The board can take your license/your life and not have any resources for you. I feel lost but I can not wait to go back to the board and plea my case.
Sage wrote:
I can relate to all of you. My lisence was revoked because I forgot to put in an address change. I was notified that my court date was in March 07.....But I flaked I didnt get it. My crime was pilfering from the patients. However, I have been clean and sober for eight years, I went through all the programs that I was supposed to but now I have to wait two years to even appeal again. My school loan is now at 206,000.00- funny thing is they are threatening to take my RN ....as if. I feel like I have absolutely no control- I did write to the Govenor but no answer. Talk about feeling isolated, I am so glad that I found this site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 107
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coolidge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phoenix-area pastors consider gay marriage mess... 13 hr Belle Sexton 14
Does Eloy Discriminate? (Jul '10) Oct 18 clyde 5
Cute chubby girl (May '13) Oct 17 Patchio 2
Where can I get opiates? (Mar '14) Oct 13 John Nods 11
Review: Power Tags Titles & More (Jun '10) Oct 12 Frank 28
Review: Maricopa Ear Nose & Throat - Thad E Bar... (Feb '09) Oct 11 Janice 6
Looking for Jessica Welch. (Jan '14) Jan '14 Anthony Maiden 1
Coolidge Dating
Find my Match

Coolidge Jobs