Anyone have FACTS about Story the Mov...
just me

Torrance, CA

#82 Oct 5, 2012
Tracy wrote:
<quoted text>
I just watched this movie and at first it was slow, but I really liked it. I am about 5 minutes from Queen Creek. Can you or anyone tell me where the house is located? I just would find it fascinating to just drive by and look at it.
Death of a Ghost Hunter

In 2002, Carter Simms was a ghost hunter who agreed for a fee to set up a paranormal investigation of the Masterson House, which was rumored to be haunted. The house's owner, Seth Masterson, a Los Angeles TV producer, hires Simms to investigate after his cleaning lady experiences disturbing events. Twenty years before, Minister Joseph Masterson and his family were violently murdered inside the house. Since that time, the place has not been lived in. Simms and her 3-person crew hole up in the house to record paranormal activity. Three days later Simms is dead.

This 2007 film, recently released on DVD, is another example of a fictitious story filmed in part as a documentary. Like the Blair Witch, it never happened. And yet parts of it seem strangely familiar--almost as if at least the backstory could have been taken from some newspaper headline. In truth, the story was not even based on a real event that was fictionalized. A thorough search of old newspapers and the Internet bring forth no evidence a paranormal investigator named Carter Simms ever lived or died in this way. Likewise, no research can be found on the Masterson House or the grisly murders that supposedy took place there.

Other films, such a Cloverfield, also use the technique of the shaky webcam and footage found after the filmer is dead. Though Cloverfield is very convincing in its presentation, there is no question that the storyline of a giant monster loose in New York is purely fiction. But in the case of The Blair Witch Project and Death of a Ghost Hunter, there is room for doubt.
just me

Torrance, CA

#83 Oct 5, 2012
Death of a Ghost Hunter

In 2002, Carter Simms was a ghost hunter who agreed for a fee to set up a paranormal investigation of the Masterson House, which was rumored to be haunted. The house's owner, Seth Masterson, a Los Angeles TV producer, hires Simms to investigate after his cleaning lady experiences disturbing events. Twenty years before, Minister Joseph Masterson and his family were violently murdered inside the house. Since that time, the place has not been lived in. Simms and her 3-person crew hole up in the house to record paranormal activity. Three days later Simms is dead.

This 2007 film, recently released on DVD, is another example of a fictitious story filmed in part as a documentary. Like the Blair Witch, it never happened. And yet parts of it seem strangely familiar--almost as if at least the backstory could have been taken from some newspaper headline. In truth, the story was not even based on a real event that was fictionalized. A thorough search of old newspapers and the Internet bring forth no evidence a paranormal investigator named Carter Simms ever lived or died in this way. Likewise, no research can be found on the Masterson House or the grisly murders that supposedy took place there.

Other films, such a Cloverfield, also use the technique of the shaky webcam and footage found after the filmer is dead. Though Cloverfield is very convincing in its presentation, there is no question that the storyline of a giant monster loose in New York is purely fiction. But in the case of The Blair Witch Project and Death of a Ghost Hunter, there is room for doubt.
queen creek citizen

Laveen, AZ

#84 Nov 2, 2012
Vincent wrote:
I've seen the movie, and I wonder if the house exists today and if people live there.
the house is there. nobody lives there, it wont sell, obviously
jacob

Ames, IA

#85 Nov 2, 2012
storm arc wrote:
a friend of my daughter has a friend who lives 13 miles from the actual house in Az. so yes the house is still there..
so whats the correct address of the house since your saying the daughters friend lives kinda close to it.
The address posted above has no records of anything happening in that house.
Spoke with the home owners and also had the records checked along with that address. theres nothing horrific that ever happened there.

I live about 10 miles from that address.
so if anyone else has any info i can get it checked out or do some more house hunting.
let me know thx
Grania Mor

Alma, GA

#86 Dec 22, 2012
Ok I have some facts for you about this movie. I never saw it say one time that it was based on a true story, just that it was based on the so-called ghost hunter's journal of the events that transpired in this fictional account. Also, I have to say that I am SORELY disappointed in the movie on a whole.
1) The acting was overdone. I know this is a low budget film but I can do better than the Jesus freak and I'm a librarian. As I was watching the movie I was talking with a friend and I saw the Smile Jesus loves you bumper sticker and said "Oh great! Here comes the crazy Bible-thumper!" I was correct.
2) The flashback at the beginning of the movie shows the killer placing an INFANT IN BABY BLANKETS BEING PLACED IN A TUB WITH A CROSS AND TURNING THE WATER ON. When they show the "ghost hunters" doing their briefing 15 minutes later they state that the youngest member of the family was 3 years old and was stabbed multiple times in her bedroom all while replaying the bathtub scene. I thought that maybe the flashback was to an earlier event in the same house so I went back and checked to be sure. Nope. The date that it showed at the beginning was the same as the date they are discussing in the briefing. They never mention the dismembering that went on either.
3) This movie is made for people who prefer to be spoon-fed drivel and are not interested in any form of consistency or plot or anything of any substance in their entertainment. There was no care taken and I am really concerned that this movie won so many awards because if this is the best that is coming out today then Hollywood's future is bleak indeed.
Borekcourtney

Hernando, MS

#87 Feb 26, 2013
That's is my favorite movie but yea it's fake u can look the actors up online type in google the woman who played carter Simms in the movie death of a ghost hunter
darksorrow

Rochester, NY

#88 Mar 24, 2013
curiosity kills me on whether or not there is real info on this house or not
joseph masterson

Glasgow, UK

#89 Mar 27, 2013
i know
joseph masterson

Glasgow, UK

#90 Mar 27, 2013
keeps saying add more,,, i am joseph masterson,, blah blah
Cody

Carbondale, IL

#91 May 13, 2013
The reason we aren't finding any evidence about the murders. Is because they changed the names of the victims in the movie. So the Mastersons.... Weren't really the Mastersons.
Cody

Carbondale, IL

#92 May 13, 2013
And grania your retarded they didn't say anything about the baby because they didn't know about it obviously you didn't watch the movie the cop took the baby and they didn't know about Miranda because the mother cut her up and buried her in a trash bag
Roxanne

Lockhart, TX

#93 May 19, 2013
Very creepy movie and prompted me to research... Seems like it is completely made up
623llm

Newton, AL

#94 Jun 3, 2013
Real or not
jessica

Northampton, UK

#95 Jun 8, 2013
Hi i am watching the film whilst i am typing. I am one of those girls who love horror movies so if anyone knows anymore horror/thriller movies please say!+ is it scary as i am only at the start?
brendakwright

Cedartown, GA

#96 Jun 21, 2013
please let me know where this house is located and if it really happened. I just watched the movie and am very interested. I lived in Arizona for ten years and let there in 1972. I never heard of this. When did this supposedly happen? Please email me at [email protected] Thanks.
Anonymous

Phoenix, AZ

#97 Jul 2, 2013
I know I'm a little late chiming in on this forum, but I just finished watching the movie and decided to do a little digging of my own.

I was able to find the address of the home on another forum and then went to the Maricopa County Assessor to look up the details. According to the assessor and county recorder the house was bought at public auction in 2011 for $171k. So, while it may have been deemed historical, it appears as though there are people living there.
Kat1983

Phoenix, AZ

#98 Jul 13, 2013
Okay so the house is there but the story is untrue?
Juan

Queen Creek, AZ

#99 Jul 25, 2013
Tell me where is this house so i can go and look if is tha same i live in queen creek please
NowIcanSleep

Blue Springs, MO

#100 Aug 20, 2013
Thank God it's fake because now I can sleep!
daniela

Aurora, IL

#101 Aug 28, 2013
Bryce wrote:
I have proof saying this rly happend! what happend rly is a disaster. if u guys rly want to know email me at [email protected]
Email me the proof please @ [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coolidge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to queen creek (Mar '10) 7 hr Mia411 19
Snapchat Jul 23 Meee 1
Saguaro correctional facilty bacteria story Jul 23 Sklnsak 1
News Shooting on Galveston Street, Chandler, Az (May '10) Jul 21 Esc1 58
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Jul 18 testosteroneNP 2,536
Bill Michael Blackwood Jul 11 Psychdoc60 1
News Years after crimes, child molester begins 57-ye... Jul 9 Boy crush bj 1

Coolidge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coolidge Mortgages