Shirley Wild: Long Beach law firm gre...

Shirley Wild: Long Beach law firm greets holidays with lofty party

There are 5 comments on the Press-Telegram story from Dec 22, 2012, titled Shirley Wild: Long Beach law firm greets holidays with lofty party. In it, Press-Telegram reports that:

Steve Young, Julie Knabe, Skip Keesal and L.A. County Supervisor Don Knabe were among the 600 guests at Keesal, Young & Logan's annual holiday party on the 13th floor of the law firm's offices in the Union Bank Building in downtown Long Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Telegram.

Sardonic Laugh

United States

#1 Dec 23, 2012
Sure, go ahead, keep writing about the swells and their parties on the 13th Floor while the rest of Long Beach goes to bed hungry and in the grips of poverty. How can you look at yourself in the mirror?
YKW

Menifee, CA

#2 Dec 23, 2012
That's right, people who work hard and make money should never enjoy themsevles. What a dope.
Prince of Peace

La Mesa, CA

#3 Dec 23, 2012
In the New Year, how fitting if the Press-Telegram's more peripheral reporters would turn over their salaries to feed the hungry and house the homeless. It's time to say "enough" to irrelevant society parties and church news.
Prince of Peace

La Mesa, CA

#4 Dec 24, 2012
YKW wrote:
That's right, people who work hard and make money should never enjoy themsevles. What a dope.
@YKW: If you privately interviewed the 600 people at that fin-de-siecle party, I suspect most of them felt pressured to attend under pressure from their employers/clients/politcal constituents. They would much rather spend the evening with family or close friends. The employees of the law firm would prefer a larger year-end bonus, rather than see thousands of dollars blown on a party, of that I am 100 percent certain.

Next year, it would be a nice gesture if the law firm skipped the party and instead made a generous donation to help Long Beach's poor and needy. The reporter would miss out on an easy-to-write story, but perhaps her talents can be put to use elsewhere to make the Press-Telegram a better spokesman for the community.

KYW, you make some valid general observations but deep in your heart you (and Skip and Knabe and Shirley Wild) all know I'm right.

Peace be with you, so sayeth

The Prince of Peace
Attendee

La Mesa, CA

#5 Dec 25, 2012
The party was fantastic! The people were fascinating, the conversation was sparkling, the 13th floor setting was divine, the wine and champy were plentiful. A reporter from the local paper (I think her name was Shelley or Shirley) interviewed me and promised my name would be printed in bold face type, just like they do on Page Six in the Post.

I'm afraid I overindulged with the drinks. Everything became a blur, and then I don't remember too much.

This morning I woke up in a most declassé motel on the northern reaches of Long Beach Boulevard. My evening clothes are all in disarray. There is a person in bed next to me, who I don't recognize, snoring away. I'm not going to say if that person is of the same sex as me, or a member of the opposite sex. Worst of all I'm trapped because the person is lying on my arm. I believe it's called "coyote arm"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cool Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giving driver's licenses to those here illegall... Apr 22 HOLLA ISABELLA 3
News Essential California: How a California driver's... Apr 22 07 Mustang 2
News Adventures abound in Gold Country Mar '17 Any time 1
Pros and cons of living in North Auburn Mar '17 Simon 1
Brian lindsey and Ashley Buckner Mar '17 Flowerpower 1
News Affordable Housing Opportunity in Roseville for... Feb '17 Foodsg 2
News Anytime Fitness headed to Grass Valley Feb '17 Lee A 1

Cool Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance