First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yeah

Poteau, OK

#21 Jan 15, 2012
Was there a murder in Marble City? I didn't think so.

So you're saying that as long as you are only going a few miles over the speed limit it should be o.k.? Using that reasoning if you have just a little marijuana, meth, cocaine, etc...that you should not be arrested. How about if you're BAC (blood alcohol content) is .083, maybe you shouldn't be arrested. Or if you only steal a small, inexpensive item the police should turn a blind eye?

You can't have it both ways. The law is the law. Speed limits and state statutes are in place for a reason. Next time you go down that hill why don't you try to keep it at 20mph...just to be safe.

Since: Dec 11

Sallisaw

#22 Jan 15, 2012
I am not talking about a situation where you lose control. Going 28 in a 25 is not shooting up meth.

That's a stretch.

I just don't go there anymore. I have a different job and really there isn't anything there.

Oh, and they have finally marked the school zone, after people complained.

I have still heard that they don't hold classes there anymore. I don't know if this is true or not.
speed trap

Sallisaw, OK

#23 Jan 19, 2012
people that go to that church have told me there was no school ??????? i guess you could drag your feed down the hill and make the speedlimit.
marble city officer

Fort Smith, AR

#24 Feb 11, 2012
i am a marble city police officer. there has not been a ticket written for less than 10 miles over the limit in the last 2 years. and if anyone says different it is a lie.
really

Dallas, TX

#25 Feb 11, 2012
MiS2 wrote:
They have no tolerance as most police have. If you are over at all they will give you a ticket. There are no warnings. Have you ever had a big truck behind you as you come down the hill? Not fun.

I don't blame them for giving tickets for people really speeding. But people barely going over 25. That is the way speed traps act.

No, I guess it is not entrapment for them to sit at the bottom of the hill and get someone at the top trying to slow down and giving them a ticket.

The only time I got a ticket there is when they moved the signs further back from the city. There should have been a grace period. I had been through the day before and they hadn't been moved yet. I was slowing as he apparently got me from the bottom of the hill. Still was within 5mph of the limit. The fine was over $100 dollars.

Also, you can't see any signs of a school being there so they should mark it more clearly. It was a long time ago and I guess they didn't have a school or I was so far up the hill that I wasn't in the school zone, but a lot of people have mentioned this.
I don't have a problem coming down the hill at 25. I don't agree with it but it's the law. It doesn't matter if you're driving 26 or 36. You're still over the legal speed limit and you're breaking the law. You need to get a life. I visit here only once a week or so and then only if I remember but it's mostly to see what MiSinformed thing you're prattling on about.
really

Dallas, TX

#26 Feb 11, 2012
MiS2 wrote:
Must be a new officer. The one I ran into didn't give warnings. I wasn't even going 5mph over the speed limit. I was polite and showed all my information.

What I'm talking about is not just giving speeding tickets. I've heard time after time that when you really needed him in an emergency he took forever to show up.

Not exactly a great police officer. Sure he'll get people going down a steep grade 2mph over the speedlimit but don't call him if someone is committing murder.

If I do something wrong I will be held accountable. But when it comes to something as minor as in my case, it's a speed trap.
If you weren't involved in the incident where he supposedly took too long you don't really know what happened do you? Just MiSinformed.
Ruled rock city

Kansas City, MO

#27 Feb 19, 2013
Same traps been there since 1980's I ran down the hill 10 times in a row over 100 mph in 1991 in a black 1969 Mach 1
Bypass Marble City

Fort Smith, AR

#28 Mar 2, 2013
I recommend bypassing the city altogether by going via Dwight Mission road. They may claim the speed is all about safety but it's the only way they can create revenue. How sad. I talked with a local resident who said the cop, the judge and the money collector were corrupt.
speed trap wrote:
people that go to that church have told me there was no school ??????? i guess you could drag your feed down the hill and make the speedlimit.
Anonymous

Keller, TX

#29 Apr 21, 2013
yeah wrote:
I actually do drive through there regularly. You say that the police need to protect people, not just give tickets. What do you think they are doing by issuing tickets? PROTECTING PEOPLE against speeders, who, it is widely known, can cause accidents.
I have been pulled over in Marble City. I was given a warning. I deserved a ticket but as someone earlier stated, the officer used his discretion and chose to write a warning.
I do understand the issues. It's people like you who think that the law doesn't pertain to them that are the one b!tching and griping.
That's the problem with today's society. No one wants to be accountable for their own actions.
ok I get it...u are either one of the mc cops or kin. Ive lived in mc all my life. Ive seen good cops and bad. Mostly bad because only rejects get the job. Their wages are crap and their attitudes are based on " the little man syndrome" technically mc is a speed trap as defined by law. A city can only have a certain percentage of their revenue come from writting tickets. Our only industrial enterprise is the tiny store which doesn't generate much tax revenue. It would be interesting to see what a state audit turns up. Humm... now there is an idea worth its weight. Seems I remember some scandle a few years ago involving mc cops n city government. Might be time for someone to start snooping. Where IS our local newspaper?
breaking the law

United States

#30 Dec 7, 2013
Hey,
Those of you who have been ripped off by these criminals, please go to Facebook and search for the page, "marble city municipal is breaking the law."
Add your stories on the page of how you were taken and voice your concerns. Also read the statute posted on the page concerning fine limits in municipals with no lawyer judge.
Thx
M City PD corruption

United States

#31 Dec 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zeb Music Thread (Mar '15) Jul '16 Musikologist 3
News Four People Dead In Cherokee County Mobile Home... (Jun '14) Jun '16 Thomas 3
air conditioner Jun '16 josh 1
Used Mobile Home that can be moved to Chicken C... May '16 LaDonnaB 1
keys school board (May '15) May '15 Smarties pants 2
9"lamba 3" mota lawda aap ke liye (Mar '15) Mar '15 xoxo 2
News Tahlequah Dad Seeks Grand Jury To Investigate H... (Jul '11) Dec '14 Marie 17

Cookson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookson Mortgages