First Prev
of 2
Next Last
speed trap man

Sallisaw, OK

#1 Jan 13, 2011
MARBLE SEEMS TO NEED TO TRY TO BEAT ROLAND ON SPEED TRAP.THEY HAVE A NICE PLACE TO SET UP UNDER THE HILL. BETTER TO GO THRU VIAN IF YOU GO TO TALEQUAH.THEY HAVE A NON ESISTING SCHOOL AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL????? SPEED
lol

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2011
There is a private school at the holliness church that's the school zone. Its not a speed trap LOL
gabby

United States

#3 Jan 4, 2012
yes its a speed trap!!
Sooners1724

United States

#4 Jan 4, 2012
Yes Marble City is a speed trap. Cop sit at the bottom of the hill waiting on people. The fine's are not cheap

Since: Dec 11

Sallisaw

#5 Jan 6, 2012
Sad that if you need help the cop don't respond but if you are just trying to get down a Hill, he is waiting. I also remember them moving the signs back a few years ago and getting people that didn't notice the change. They should mark the school and school zones better.

I guess when a town has nothing, they will make money any way they can. Just look at the school board.

And maybe they could change the title of police to Meter Maid, since they only give out tickets anyway.

Sallisaw

#6 Jan 6, 2012
MiS2 wrote:
Sad that if you need help the cop don't respond but if you are just trying to get down a Hill, he is waiting. I also remember them moving the signs back a few years ago and getting people that didn't notice the change. They should mark the school and school zones better.
I guess when a town has nothing, they will make money any way they can. Just look at the school board.
And maybe they could change the title of police to Meter Maid, since they only give out tickets anyway.
Changing the title would help them save money they apparently really need.
What Speed Trap

Owasso, OK

#7 Jan 8, 2012
If you ignorant dufuses are speeding then you need to be fined.
OBEY THE LAW!!!!

Sallisaw

#8 Jan 8, 2012
What Speed Trap wrote:
OBEY THE LAW!!!!
Have you ever come down the hill into Marble City?

The speed limit says 25. It isn't easy to come in that slow. If you are even going a couple of miles over, not an uncontrolled speed, then the meter maid...um..Cop pulls you over.

I just wonder if you have to attempt to go 15 during school hours. I haven't seen any students, so I don't know the time.

Sallisaw

#9 Jan 8, 2012
So unless you know what we are talking about, you are the ignorant one.
yeah

Poteau, OK

#10 Jan 9, 2012
Just obey the posted speed limits. It's no entrapement, they aren't making you speed. I have been down that hill many times and as long as your brakes work correctly going 25 mph isn't an issue!

Sallisaw

#11 Jan 9, 2012
They have no tolerance as most police have. If you are over at all they will give you a ticket. There are no warnings. Have you ever had a big truck behind you as you come down the hill? Not fun.

I don't blame them for giving tickets for people really speeding. But people barely going over 25. That is the way speed traps act.

No, I guess it is not entrapment for them to sit at the bottom of the hill and get someone at the top trying to slow down and giving them a ticket.

The only time I got a ticket there is when they moved the signs further back from the city. There should have been a grace period. I had been through the day before and they hadn't been moved yet. I was slowing as he apparently got me from the bottom of the hill. Still was within 5mph of the limit. The fine was over $100 dollars.

Also, you can't see any signs of a school being there so they should mark it more clearly. It was a long time ago and I guess they didn't have a school or I was so far up the hill that I wasn't in the school zone, but a lot of people have mentioned this.
gabby

United States

#12 Jan 11, 2012
thEY CALL IT CREATIVE LAW ENFORCEMent!!
speed trap

Sallisaw, OK

#13 Jan 12, 2012
What Speed Trap wrote:
OBEY THE LAW!!!!
mabe if you lived here you would have a chance to try now i dont thank the dufuse is here they might be in tulsa thanks
to all lowlifes

Sallisaw, OK

#14 Jan 13, 2012
Speed limits are speed limits... If you go faster than posted sign it is in violation of the statutes set forth by the government of Oklahoma... It is officer discretion as to whether or not you get a ticket for breaking the posted speed limit. I for one have gotten tickets, plural, in Marble... It sucks but I was going faster that the speed limit... I got a ticket and went on... I have since found an alternate route, perhaps you should too!

Sallisaw

#15 Jan 13, 2012
Yeah, I don't go through Marble anymore. Just wanted everyone to be aware of it.

Going down a hill and trying not to go above the posted speed limit by a mile an hour or two, isn't easy. If the speed limit was 35 even it would be easier.

CRAZY

United States

#16 Jan 13, 2012
THAT VIAN COP IS JUST AS BAD. OFFICER DURHAM PULLED ME OVER FOR MY MUSIC TOO LOUD. SHOULD HAVE SEEN HIS STUPID EXPRESSION WHEN I SHOWED HIM THAT I DON'T HAVE A RADIO IN MY PICK UP. HES A BULLY WITH A BADGE.
yeah

Poteau, OK

#17 Jan 15, 2012
MiS2 wrote:
Yeah, I don't go through Marble anymore. Just wanted everyone to be aware of it.
Going down a hill and trying not to go above the posted speed limit by a mile an hour or two, isn't easy. If the speed limit was 35 even it would be easier.
So? The laws should be change to suit your ideas or make it easier on you? The speed limit is 25 mph because of the steep grade of that hill. If it were set at 35 then you would gripe that you only going 40 and they stopped you. There are always people like you who think they should be the exception to the rules...get over yourself!

Sallisaw

#18 Jan 15, 2012
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The laws should be change to suit your ideas or make it easier on you? The speed limit is 25 mph because of the steep grade of that hill. If it were set at 35 then you would gripe that you only going 40 and they stopped you. There are always people like you who think they should be the exception to the rules...get over yourself!
Wow. Do you make this drive everyday or do you live there?

I used to make the drive everyday. Having it be 25 with no tolerance is wrong. I don't want to fly down the hill. It is a residential area. I just don't think they should give someone going 28 a ticket.

That's a speed trap. The police there need to actually protect the people not just give out tickets.

And people like you just like to gripe without understanding the issue.
yeah

Poteau, OK

#19 Jan 15, 2012
I actually do drive through there regularly. You say that the police need to protect people, not just give tickets. What do you think they are doing by issuing tickets? PROTECTING PEOPLE against speeders, who, it is widely known, can cause accidents.

I have been pulled over in Marble City. I was given a warning. I deserved a ticket but as someone earlier stated, the officer used his discretion and chose to write a warning.

I do understand the issues. It's people like you who think that the law doesn't pertain to them that are the one b!tching and griping.

That's the problem with today's society. No one wants to be accountable for their own actions.

Sallisaw

#20 Jan 15, 2012
Must be a new officer. The one I ran into didn't give warnings. I wasn't even going 5mph over the speed limit. I was polite and showed all my information.

What I'm talking about is not just giving speeding tickets. I've heard time after time that when you really needed him in an emergency he took forever to show up.

Not exactly a great police officer. Sure he'll get people going down a steep grade 2mph over the speedlimit but don't call him if someone is committing murder.

If I do something wrong I will be held accountable. But when it comes to something as minor as in my case, it's a speed trap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zeb Music Thread (Mar '15) Feb '18 Musikologist 5
News Tahlequah's Operation Trainwreck Nets Seven Dru... (Nov '09) Apr '17 Lee st kings 131
News Four People Dead In Cherokee County Mobile Home... (Jun '14) Jun '16 Thomas 3
air conditioner (Jun '16) Jun '16 josh 1
Used Mobile Home that can be moved to Chicken C... (May '16) May '16 LaDonnaB 1
keys school board (May '15) May '15 Smarties pants 2
9"lamba 3" mota lawda aap ke liye (Mar '15) Mar '15 xoxo 2

Cookson Jobs

Personal Finance

Cookson Mortgages