More power restored to storm victims

Feb 1, 2009 Full story: KRMG-AM Tulsa

Power is now restored to all but 14,000 homes and businesses statewide. That's down from 40,000 at the peak of the storm.

Full Story
elmer hamilton

Stilwell, OK

#1 Feb 2, 2009
we just dug out of our property today that is 3 miles southwest of Westville, OK. at the Addielee community. The Addielee Road East finally was cleared by the county & private individuals with the proper equipment. We heard and saw a tree-trimming crew from some company yesterday, but no one today. Still no sight of Ozarks Electric Cooperative which is the servicing electric company for our area. We will surely be thankful for their help whenever they do arrive. We realize the enormity of the ice storm! Trees uprooted in our yard and fell across power lines and snapped them and dislodged power poles or cracked them severely. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. What a storm!
ozarks customer

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Feb 2, 2009
elmer hamilton wrote:
we just dug out of our property today that is 3 miles southwest of Westville, OK. at the Addielee community. The Addielee Road East finally was cleared by the county & private individuals with the proper equipment. We heard and saw a tree-trimming crew from some company yesterday, but no one today. Still no sight of Ozarks Electric Cooperative which is the servicing electric company for our area. We will surely be thankful for their help whenever they do arrive. We realize the enormity of the ice storm! Trees uprooted in our yard and fell across power lines and snapped them and dislodged power poles or cracked them severely. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. What a storm!
I got my electric back on friday afternoon, and my parents go thers on sunday am. they live 150 feet away from me. Just glad that ozarks is out there with crews working around the clock. I realize it is bad, but at least we did have heat, and wter. I know that many people still have no power and thats not good. but the crews are working. It could be worse.
etta bend

AOL

#3 Feb 4, 2009
8 days and still no power here in southeastern cherokee county, oklahoma.... Can't get any info. from ozarks electric, nor have we seen 1 ozark electric truck.. just wish they would send some of the workers to oklahoma and not just to arkansas!
concerned parent

Stilwell, OK

#4 Feb 4, 2009
We live south of Stilwell, Ok, and we also haven't seen a single truck. We've been out for 8 days also. We have a 15 month old baby and I just would like someone to give us a hint on when we could expect some power. I would like to call the ozarks place and not hear that recording. Please, let us know something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tahlequah Dad Seeks Grand Jury To Investigate H... (Jul '11) Dec 11 Marie 17
Marble city problems. Sep '14 snazzy 4
Standing Rock Justice Jul '14 Ralph 3
Soda Steve's at Paradise Hill: A GREAT PLACE (Jun '14) Jul '14 Burger Heaven 2
Four People Dead In Cherokee County Mobile Home... Jun '14 Shana 1
new resturant on Paradise Hill (Apr '14) Apr '14 Shelly Towns 1
Father Searching For Missing Son, NSU Student (Aug '09) Dec '13 Angel 31
Cookson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web