SunTrust Call Center. Good place to w...
ehh

Columbia, TN

#23 Aug 10, 2012
They're a big difference in salaried and hourly pay. I started out at hourly 5 years ago and worked my way up to HR using my degree and previous experience. So no, they are not "pissed". As far as someone making 500 a week? Well bless their heart. Do you realize people would fight tooth and nail for a job where they make 500 a week?!?! most factories only pay minimum wage or barely above. Averitt has a great reputation and far more established. I'm not knocking SunTrust at all. They to pay better than most jobs in this area. Truly a great company to work for. But they have a very high turnover rate. Averitt does not. People stay here for a reason. Is every employee here happy? No, it's imposable to please everyone. Apparently your friend has failed to impress superiors to move up or get a raise. Personally I do not believe you. If he/she is working in the call center then, ok. I'll believe that. You can't expect to make 20 plus an hour with that position. Believe it or not, ALL companies have a top out.
Calling BS

Cookeville, TN

#24 Aug 11, 2012
Shes gonna ask her leader about it on Monday cause they been telling her raises have been frozen for everyone for years. Ain't no way youre making that much in HR unless you're a leader and in that case you shouldn't be talkin about it period.
ehh

Columbia, TN

#25 Aug 11, 2012
Apparently you can't tell the difference in Management and hourly employees.
oh heck no

Hollywood, AL

#26 Aug 13, 2012
If ur sister hasn't got a raise in four years she sucks ass at her job. Probably she rides the attendance policy to the limit and just barely makes her numbers.

If you want to achieve something you've got to work for it.
agreed

Columbia, TN

#27 Aug 13, 2012
Yea your friend isn't telling you the right story or something. I worked there from 2010 till about 3 months ago when I resigned to stay home with my newborn. I had several raises while working in the call center during my short time there. I was making 14.50 an hour when I left. about 4 dollars more in right at two years when I started. Maybe some people think that is horrible pay.. honestly I thought it was great money. I only quit because my husband makes enough money at BASF in Sparta that I don't have to work anymore.
Calling BS

Crossville, TN

#28 Aug 14, 2012
agreed wrote:
Yea your friend isn't telling you the right story or something. I worked there from 2010 till about 3 months ago when I resigned to stay home with my newborn. I had several raises while working in the call center during my short time there. I was making 14.50 an hour when I left. about 4 dollars more in right at two years when I started. Maybe some people think that is horrible pay.. honestly I thought it was great money. I only quit because my husband makes enough money at BASF in Sparta that I don't have to work anymore.
What dept were you working in? That IS good money.
New employee

Quebeck, TN

#29 Aug 17, 2012
I will say that the temp agency only paying $9 an hour is absurd. Also the attendance policy will probably end up doing me in. I do have a life outside of work, and am a single mom. If my kids get sick they will just have to deal with it...I'll find another job...but doing my best to be there every day right now. We will see how it goes. I just finished my first week of training.
no way

Columbia, TN

#30 Aug 17, 2012
Is suntrust using a temp agency?!?!!?!? I certainly hope not, because that place will be 10x worse if a temp agency takes over. I feel sorry for the employees. the only thing temp agencies do is kill the working family.
no

Crossville, TN

#31 Aug 19, 2012
A big NO.
A big yes

Columbia, TN

#32 Aug 19, 2012
Temp agencies have taken over everywhere. Such a shame.
employee

Clover, SC

#33 Aug 21, 2012
no way wrote:
Is suntrust using a temp agency?!?!!?!? I certainly hope not, because that place will be 10x worse if a temp agency takes over. I feel sorry for the employees. the only thing temp agencies do is kill the working family.
They do for certain positions. Such as part time or just the temp jobs. Other positions that are permanent are still hired directly through SunTrust.
pie

Redford, MI

#34 Aug 22, 2012
I worked there and worked my way up to $20 an hour by having a 3some with the boss. He liked the way I licked it.

Oh, wait. Maybe that was when I was in the Marines. You know, don't ask, don't smell.
Disgusting

Quebeck, TN

#35 Aug 25, 2012
Youd have to pay me more than $20 an hour to do anything with any of the bosses I've seen there. Gag me.
yes

United States

#36 Aug 27, 2012
This is a great place to work.
Not At All

Cookeville, TN

#37 Aug 28, 2012
Suntrust is a horrible place to work. I worked there a few years ago and was fired for being late twice in two weeks. I simply overslept and came in about 1 hour late. My boss jumped my ass for it, but I told him the truth instead of lying about it. That was a big mistake. About two week later I was only 15 minutes late for work because I got a flat tire about 1 mile from work. A very nice guy stopped and fixed it for me. When I got to work the boss stated on me immediately with bad intent, after a few minutes of being talkd down upon, he said I was terminated. I mean wtf I was late only two times and I was truthful about the circumstances. Anyway, there are all kinds of lying bitches who work there that were late like 2-3 times per month and never got punished. I guess you have to give sexual favors to get in good with the bosses there. I am not willing to stoop that low, nor do I have a sex drive that makes me screw every other guy i see.
You were late

Quebeck, TN

#38 Sep 9, 2012
In 3 weeks time you overslept twice and then when you had a real emergency you were fired. Imagine that.... Yes, they are very strict about attendance. You knew that. They don't keep that information top secret! You are the one who was consistently late. Why did you expect to happen?
yuuuup

Crossville, TN

#39 Sep 9, 2012
it is if you know how to "work" your way up in the company
shopper

Crossville, TN

#40 Sep 10, 2012
Excellent place to work.
TTU

Columbia, TN

#41 Sep 10, 2012
Once I found out they started using I switched my bank account to a local bank in Cookeville. I refuse to let a company use temp workers as a way to get by with slave wages. They use to be a great place but to hell with them now. I refuse to support any business that uses temp agencies.
lookin

Charlotte, NC

#42 Sep 11, 2012
Are there any hot guys that work there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two in a Week Walmart Cookeville 3 hr Rupert 26
Library Vandal (Jul '12) 5 hr jamesish 38
19th hole (Jul '16) 5 hr Joseph DeDominicis 2
Rezoning referendum fails 6 hr Joey 6
Blue gto 8 hr Gto owner 6
News Controversial rezoning petition fails 8 hr JosephPDeDominicis 1
Is the septum ring now the official nose ring o... 10 hr bo-bo 5

Cookeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages