wooly bullys or rodeo bobs?

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wondering

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2010
Just moved here. Which is best club and why?
chief smelly pants

Redford, MI

#2 Dec 15, 2010
Wooly Bully's if you're an old coot.

Rodeo Bob's if your gay.
bars

Tracy City, TN

#3 Dec 16, 2010
Wooly Bullys, by far, the best in Cookeville. Just one more in Crossville
iwqrguwt

Manchester, TN

#4 Dec 16, 2010
RODEO BOBS. FREE LONG NECKS 9-11
Ninja Hamster

Saint Bonifacius, MN

#5 Dec 16, 2010
Rodeo Bobs - Dumba$$ Rednecks and fights, all night, no cover.
well

Columbia, TN

#6 Jan 20, 2011
Wooly bullys have seen clubs come and go next door to them.. Apparently Woolys is doing something right.. guess we'll see how long rodeo bobs last. Last real club we had in Cookeville was cotten eyed joes.
Cooke

Rock Hill, SC

#7 Jan 22, 2011
Def woolys!
like em both

Saluda, SC

#8 Jan 25, 2011
I think they're both great. If you like good bands and good music with a very laid back attitude and good people (a mixture of an older crowd with a younger crowd) the Wooly's is a great choice. They have great bartenders and Tommy is running the place great. However, you can't beat a $7 cover with free long necks from 7 to 11 like they have over at Bob's. But it's a younger more college crowd and mostly country music. But since the crowd is younger you can run into some immaturity, although I've never seen an actual fight there. But you could get the best of both and do free beer at Bob's til 11 and then move over to Wooly's for a good band the rest of the night.
huttre

Crossville, TN

#9 Feb 2, 2011
well wrote:
Wooly bullys have seen clubs come and go next door to them.. Apparently Woolys is doing something right.. guess we'll see how long rodeo bobs last. Last real club we had in Cookeville was cotten eyed joes.
Cotten Eyed Joes was a pit. Owner scammed the gov't and his employees, GOOD RIDDANCE.

Wooly Bully's is not great but of the choices you gave, it is the least of two evils, they occasionally have a good band...shoe is in the name but I can't remember the exact name of the good band.
Jeremiahs johnson

United States

#10 Feb 2, 2011
Big Shoes is a regular band at Wooleys I think you were trying to say.

Anyway I've never been to rodeo bobs. This chick told me they had some sort of dress code? Is that true?

Anyway Spankies has them both beat I think. It aint cheap but you don't have redneck pretend cowboys or any other hassles there. They also have killer band there.
spankies

Mcminnville, TN

#11 Feb 2, 2011
Jeremiahs johnson wrote:
..........Anyway Spankies has them both beat I think. It aint cheap but you don't have redneck pretend cowboys or any other hassles there. They also have killer band there.
They always look packed
choiceschoices

Columbia, TN

#12 Feb 2, 2011
wondering wrote:
Just moved here. Which is best club and why?
I personally like Rodeo Bob's just because they have pool tables. Bullys has nothing to do. Oh wait, Bullys has darts.
Wooly Bullys

United States

#13 Feb 2, 2011
In my opinion it would have to be Wooly's. But I guess it depends on how old you are. If you are looking for a younger crowd then Rodeo Bobs. It's 18 and up so you can't smoke in there and you are going to have more immature ppl bc of the age.
Wooly Bully's isn't the "Best" place in town. But it is better than Rodeo Bob's. Spankies is a nice place to go and listen to a band.
Like I said, it just depends on what you are looking for!!!!
Jeremiahs Johnson

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2011
Yeah Spankie's can looked packed because the parking is all spread out. But inside you'd be surprised how many empty tables are in the tent area especially this time of year. And the tent is where you want to be if you're there for the music. Dress warm for the tent but once Rhythm Head gets rocking in there its all good.
spankies

Mcminnville, TN

#15 Feb 2, 2011
Spankies owes you a debt...thanks to your recommedation, I will try them this weekend. Catch me there Jeremiah & I'll buy you a beer ...or coke whichever applies, I'll probably be the only person there who wears a New York Nets cap(it's an old hat.lol).
spankies

Mcminnville, TN

#16 Feb 2, 2011
I mean coca-cola, lol.
Jeremiahs Johnson

United States

#17 Feb 4, 2011
Well it would be a beer(new castle brown ale) but I've got to work this wknd. But thanks anyway. I don't know who is playing but it'll be on their website. Have fun!
yea

Columbia, TN

#18 Feb 4, 2011
Spankies is a great place to go for college kids and alumni. Well thats if you go while school is in or later at night. During the day Spankies has GREAT food!!

Wooly is mostly for the older population and local townies.

Rodeo bobs is the new hangout for the 18 to well however old you are but its mostly a young crowd of people trying to hook up with each other. lol nothing wrong with that just giving descriptions of the places being mentioned.(at least thats what ive seen anyways)
hip hop

Manchester, TN

#19 Feb 7, 2011
rodeo bobs
WOOLY BULLYS

Columbia, TN

#20 Feb 7, 2011
Im 25.. It is somewhat a older crowd at night.. but a nice diverse crowd as always. I only enjoy their nighttime a few nights a month.. but I always try to eat lunch there atleast once a week.. They have the greatest cheeseburger I've ate!! well in my opinion. Way better than fastfood but throw a extra dollar or two at the price and its well worth it!

You can usually find me at Bilmars most of the time. But overall Woolys and bilmar is the best. Rodeo Bobs... Ive only been once. I like it. I just hope they can stay in business!! its a good place to hang with friends!! I really miss monies more that anything though

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ungrateful son 1 min nutzaplente 23
pokemon go! 8 min nutzaplente 21
Eric Hall/dog shooting (Sep '09) 10 min JST 127
Current Cookeville Police Officers... (Sep '11) 19 min JST 175
Only 13% are black 48 min JST 9
new life church..hilham tn 1 hr Curious 3
The three biggest moments of tonight's (D) Conv... Wed Kerry 1

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance