Ashy Larry Says

Cookeville, TN

#22 Jan 19, 2011
mstea wrote:
<quoted text> Is the BBQ just smoked meat where they have the typical 3 bottles of different sauce you squirt on it OR real BBQ with the meat cooked with the sauce and it's juicy where it can run down your arm while eating it?
It's cooked with the meat. G's BBQ is #1 in BBQ for Cookeville, no doubt.

Also, for Mexican food the new restaurant beside Dominos is SUPERB! Great food, menu similar to El Tapatio, but much less expensive, margaritas there are better than El Taps.

Also, the "Made With Love" Cafe near the square is a great place for lunch, if you get there before every seat gets taken. Very popular place.
joey

Cookeville, TN

#23 Jan 19, 2011
Question wrote:
<quoted text>wheres that at?
its over at tn. tech by the train tracks not sure of the street name, its a two story brick building, get the pad thai and spring rolls
joey

Cookeville, TN

#24 Jan 19, 2011
mstea wrote:
<quoted text> Is the BBQ just smoked meat where they have the typical 3 bottles of different sauce you squirt on it OR real BBQ with the meat cooked with the sauce and it's juicy where it can run down your arm while eating it?
i dont think its actually cooked in sauce since its cooked in a smoker outside, maybe its basted with it? anyway they have pulled pork, awesome ribs, chicken, and sliced shoulder, they pile it on, and the collard greens will leave you in heaven! its the best BBQ that I have found in the area
Linda P

Cookeville, TN

#25 Jan 19, 2011
Ashy Larry Says wrote:
<quoted text>
It's cooked with the meat. G's BBQ is #1 in BBQ for Cookeville, no doubt.
Also, for Mexican food the new restaurant beside Dominos is SUPERB! Great food, menu similar to El Tapatio, but much less expensive, margaritas there are better than El Taps.
Also, the "Made With Love" Cafe near the square is a great place for lunch, if you get there before every seat gets taken. Very popular place.
I agree with you on G's but not on the mexican place, my family ordered four different dishes and they were all sub-par for our liking. we like going to Cinco Amigos or the little place beside PaPa Johns
lila

Cookeville, TN

#26 Jan 19, 2011
Thomas Andrew's Restaurant is fantastic.

Since: Dec 10

Cookeville, TN

#27 Jan 19, 2011
What kind of place is Nick's? Have seen it and wondered.
cruella

United States

#28 Jan 19, 2011
Back in the day Nicks was the nicest restaurant in Cookeville. It has been a while since I have been but if I remember correctly it has great french onion soup and steaks
granny

Baxter, TN

#29 Jan 19, 2011
uncle jerr wrote:
<quoted text>
forgot about Royal House, awesome thai food... go Pad Thai
If you got the money !!!!!
MudDigger

Cookeville, TN

#30 Jan 20, 2011
El Tap
Dipsy Doodle
Mama Rosa's
Char
Nick's
great

Charlotte, NC

#31 Jan 20, 2011
parent wondering wrote:
What kind of place is Nick's? Have seen it and wondered.
Nick's had been my birthday dinner request since I was very young. The restaurant has an elegant atmosphere, but you don't have to dress up. I'm usually in jeans and a regular shirt. The staff has always been friendly. As for the price they serve delicacies no one else around here does. Those are the most expensive; but, even if you're family is a "steak and and baked potato" type, or a fan of their previously mentioned soup, you can find something you'll love. It doesn't hurt the wallet anymore than the other chain restaurants. I highly recommend giving it a try.
Volfan

Cookeville, TN

#32 Jan 20, 2011
Dipsy doodle sucks!
jmho

Cookeville, TN

#33 Jan 20, 2011
cruella wrote:
Back in the day Nicks was the nicest restaurant in Cookeville. It has been a while since I have been but if I remember correctly it has great french onion soup and steaks
It's a big disappointment now. I had a steak there that was terrible and the place smells kind of musty. I wish they would redecorate and get a new cook.
imho

Cookeville, TN

#34 Jan 20, 2011
Must disagree. The best steak in town is at Nicks, and that's been well-known for years. They are a very nice and elegant restaurant, and yes at one time they were the very nicest and most expensive restaurant in town.

Now, their prices are about the same and some less than places like Logans, and Chilis.

Bar none, it is the absolute BEST nice restaurant to take a date.
cruella

United States

#35 Jan 20, 2011
Gosh I'm ready to go out for dinner now. Lol Cookeville has some really good places to eat now. Maybe I can go on a date with the hubby this weekend. I am not a dipsy doodle fan either. Its kinda dirty in there and food wasn't good either last several times I went.
urallstupid

United States

#36 Jan 20, 2011
imho wrote:
Must disagree. The best steak in town is at Nicks, and that's been well-known for years. They are a very nice and elegant restaurant, and yes at one time they were the very nicest and most expensive restaurant in town.
Now, their prices are about the same and some less than places like Logans, and Chilis.
Bar none, it is the absolute BEST nice restaurant to take a date.
Great that you had a good meal, but mine was subpar and I wouldn't take a date there. Mauricios has a good atmosphere and is great for Valentine$s Day. Nick's was maybe nice once, but it really needs some updating.
Dawn

Mount Holly, NC

#37 Jan 20, 2011
Clarion is having a super bowl party. We will have a ribeye diner, pasta, shrimp, wings, appetizers, burgers, ect. Great drink specials. Game on the big projector. Door prizes! Hope to see everyone.:)
Missin Cookeville

Memphis, TN

#38 Jan 20, 2011
Oooh, I LOVE Nicks! Their prime rib sandwich is my absolute favorite. The last time I was there I noticed that they had updated the dining room and bar area.

Spankies was always one of my favorites as well as Mama Rosas.
Anti bs

Cookeville, TN

#39 Jan 20, 2011
uncle jerr wrote:
<quoted text>
forgot about Royal House, awesome thai food... go Pad Thai
The only thing good about spankies is the pretty gals. I think the food is over priced but ok if you need a case of the sh$t$
cruella

United States

#40 Jan 20, 2011
Spankies lunch isn't so expensive. Its same stuff just cheaper prices. It has never given me the sh&t&. As far as nicks goes it did need updating last time I went there. That has been several years ago. I always forget about it when picking a place to eat.
Cookeville Native

Chattanooga, TN

#41 Jan 20, 2011
Bobby Q's
Mama Rosas
Made With Love
El Tapatio

Just my pick for the top 4.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather tinker stacy 5 hr Big star 94 2
Learn American Sign Language in Cookeville? 8 hr teach 1
Ian Mcrae (Jun '13) 10 hr sexymomma 4
muscle spasms shown in xray? (May '09) 17 hr Hihihi 31
What drugs do probation officers test for? (Aug '12) Sat Abh 116
New to area and in need of good doctor Sat moneymanziel 19
7 days consecutive work? Isn't that illegal? (Apr '11) Sat Stew is still here 370
Cookeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cookeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cookeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:58PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Bleacher Report 4:04 PM
Highlights, Recap for Pats vs. Jets
Bleacher Report 6:22 PM
Can NFC South Winner Steal Playoff Win?
NFL 8:59 PM
Falcons' turnaround sends them to brink of playoffs
NBC Sports 1:33 AM
Jones' return helps Falcons eliminate Saints, 30-14 - NBC Sports