Looking for an outdoor wedding location

Looking for an outdoor wedding location

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

Linda

Cookeville, TN

#1 Mar 1, 2009
Me and my fiance are looking for an outdoor wedding location in the cookeville area. I haven't been able to find any places. I have even looked at cabins on Dale Hollow to rent and have the wedding at, but have had no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?
Just Me

Cookeville, TN

#2 Mar 1, 2009
Linda wrote:
Me and my fiance are looking for an outdoor wedding location in the cookeville area. I haven't been able to find any places. I have even looked at cabins on Dale Hollow to rent and have the wedding at, but have had no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?
Dogwood park in Cookeville is pretty. It is in town but there are lots of weddings there and you can't see it from the road. It is by the library. Construction is going on close by but it is worth a look.
kmallen29

Monterey, TN

#3 Mar 1, 2009
i got married ths past sept, we were planning to het married n Granville @ veterans park.. lots of tables 4 evry1, restrooms, gazebo for the vows to take place and not to mention its right on the water.. oh and has paved sidewalks so ur dress wont get terribly dirty

dogwoodpark was bn bulldozed at that time

Congrats, hun!
Linda

Cookeville, TN

#4 Mar 1, 2009
kmallen29 wrote:
i got married ths past sept, we were planning to het married n Granville @ veterans park.. lots of tables 4 evry1, restrooms, gazebo for the vows to take place and not to mention its right on the water.. oh and has paved sidewalks so ur dress wont get terribly dirty
dogwoodpark was bn bulldozed at that time
Congrats, hun!
How do you get ahold of someone to have a wedding at veterans park. I have been there once and it was very pretty.
BnB

Maryville, TN

#5 Mar 1, 2009
Monterey has a bed&breakfast at bee-rock.It's beautiful there and they cater to weddings..Happy trails to you.....
dillon

Monroe, TN

#6 Mar 2, 2009
BnB wrote:
Monterey has a bed&breakfast at bee-rock.It's beautiful there and they cater to weddings..Happy trails to you.....
MY friend got married there it's very nice and very costly. Not worth what she had to pay in my opinion.but they have everything there you need..good luck..some advice. Don't get Married ,,

Since: Feb 09

Cookeville, TN

#7 Mar 2, 2009
Lakeside Resort does an amazing job with weddings and such, there is an outdoor ampitheatre that seats up to 250 people. They will even cater for your reception if you choose.
kmallen29

Monterey, TN

#8 Mar 7, 2009
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you get ahold of someone to have a wedding at veterans park. I have been there once and it was very pretty.
sry it took so long to reply--i had to go to the museum there and ask. they gave me a #..said such-n-such takes care of it in the summer n sum1else takes care of it during fall
sure

Columbia, SC

#9 Mar 15, 2009
Burgess Falls park is a nice place too. They put in a huge pavilion a few years ago and it's right near the water too. Not sure on the cost of it but we had a graduation party there a few years ago. It's really nice down there.

Since: Mar 09

cookeville

#10 Mar 16, 2009
sure wrote:
Burgess Falls park is a nice place too. They put in a huge pavilion a few years ago and it's right near the water too. Not sure on the cost of it but we had a graduation party there a few years ago. It's really nice down there.
yes it is very nice there. i totally forgot bout it n i live less than a mile frm there lol.
u can do cookouts n if ur guests have children, this would b a nice place 4 a reception. have lots of playgrnd equip. 2 keep the kids satisfied!

--good idea!
angela

United States

#11 Jan 23, 2012
Ive also had trouble trying to find a place to get married in or near cookeville. Im trying to have a garden wedding and cant seem to find anything. any advice?
lovedit

Cookeville, TN

#12 Jan 23, 2012
We got married at Lakeside, and it was wonderful!
angela

United States

#13 Jan 23, 2012
where is lakeside?
locations

Cookeville, TN

#14 Jan 23, 2012
Lakeside off smithville exit, not far from TTU Arts center. I am photographing a wedding at the Inn @ Evins Mill in the fall. Another pretty place. You can also
have an outdoor wedding at the winery. Another great location. Hope this helps. As I think of more, I'll post them.
locations

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jan 23, 2012
There is also a nice park behind the Seniors Center. It has a couple of picnic tables and gazebo. Try websites like Weddingwire. They have listing of all kinds of vendors by location and forums to ask for advice and ideas. And loads of pictures to draw from.
granville

United States

#16 Jan 24, 2012
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
We got married there and to get in contact with someone we just went to the little gas station/convenience store there. They didnt charge us anything but said we could make a donation so thats what we did. hope this helps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
build the wall, build the wall, build the wall 11 min Darkside 59
wealth in Cookeville (Aug '11) 39 min Haha 27
Bowmans and More Etc Scammers 2 hr Chris 1
Can you get herp es from sucking on a mole on a... 5 hr betelgeuse 10
Dacco filed for bankruptcy 5 hr Pro-Pain 8
Academy Sports + Outdoors 700 New jobs coming (Aug '14) 6 hr Curious 87
Cookville hospital (Jan '15) 7 hr nutzaplente 15

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance