First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wiccababe

Cookeville, TN

#1 Aug 28, 2011
Is there a Wicca group in Cookeville. I do only white magic. I am also Christian so I don't want any group totally anti-Christian.
A Prayer You

Cookeville, TN

#2 Aug 28, 2011
Well you are as cloes as you cant get to anti christ.Christian is just that.Wicca is not Christian.Sorry for your miss understanding in this.It will speak of all this in the BIBLE.And also no other Gods before me.It is only through Jesus Christ.Not wicca.If you will just read all of the BIBLE and take it for what is says you wont need any thing else.That is the only book to go by.And why we have these others trying to make another God is beond me.If you are striving for the good in your life .This wicca is just like not believing in God.Dont go this way.I Just can understand.Why would any one take something that God did not want in our lives and try to change the the Lord has said. Honey just stick to the one and that is the BIBLE.that is why we have it.Is only one book.Not what the far fetched people come up with.Just one book.God bless you in these troubled times .and i pray you find God no some far fetched book some crazy person and wrote true.Couse it is not the way God wants it to be.God and the BIBLE is the only way.Just read it.You wont go wrong.And im praying for you.Its just a confort to know God it always there for us.Your are GODS child and he love you.He died for you .Is that not enough.It is for me.
Lisa S

Baxter, TN

#3 Aug 28, 2011
wiccababe wrote:
Is there a Wicca group in Cookeville. I do only white magic. I am also Christian so I don't want any group totally anti-Christian.
google it for your area
The News Paper

Spencer, TN

#4 Aug 28, 2011
A Prayer You wrote:
Well you are as cloes as you cant get to anti christ.Christian is just that.Wicca is not Christian.Sorry for your miss understanding in this.It will speak of all this in the BIBLE.And also no other Gods before me.It is only through Jesus Christ.Not wicca.If you will just read all of the BIBLE and take it for what is says you wont need any thing else.That is the only book to go by.And why we have these others trying to make another God is beond me.If you are striving for the good in your life .This wicca is just like not believing in God.Dont go this way.I Just can understand.Why would any one take something that God did not want in our lives and try to change the the Lord has said. Honey just stick to the one and that is the BIBLE.that is why we have it.Is only one book.Not what the far fetched people come up with.Just one book.God bless you in these troubled times .and i pray you find God no some far fetched book some crazy person and wrote true.Couse it is not the way God wants it to be.God and the BIBLE is the only way.Just read it.You wont go wrong.And im praying for you.Its just a confort to know God it always there for us.Your are GODS child and he love you.He died for you .Is that not enough.It is for me.
The view that has evolved into Wicca was around a long time before Christianity was created. Christianity is actually one of the youngest established religions around. I have no idea why so many Christians assume that the Bible is the one and only word. Hinduism is one of the oldest if not the oldest religions. So I guess every that follows Hinduism is wrong, because someone came along 5000 years later and wrote a book and got followers. Scientology started a lot like the Bible. In five hundred years everyone could be following Scientology and Christianity could be the religion everyone forgot. Its all relative. The person that started this did not want a lecture on Wicca vs Christianity. They were looking for like minded people. I do see your point in the fact that you can not be both Wicca and Christian. That is because Wicca directly goes against the views of the Bible. To the person that posted this thread. I wish you luck in finding more like minded people to help you along with your journey. Blessed Be.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Aug 29, 2011
wiccababe wrote:
Is there a Wicca group in Cookeville. I do only white magic. I am also Christian so I don't want any group totally anti-Christian.
Pay no attention to the Closed minded Christians that beat their bibles and have no idea what they are talking about. First let me say that "wicca" itself is not a "christian" entity. but as you are asking there is christian "witches". As i am a Pagan practitoner of witchcraft. i do have knowledge of this kind of thing. as for others that practice christian magic, i have no idea. best thing for you to do is search the web. Im sure you are not alone. Dont let anyone else judgements on you stop you from following what feels right in your heart. May the lord and lady bless you and guide you on your search!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Aug 29, 2011
The News Paper wrote:
<quoted text>
The view that has evolved into Wicca was around a long time before Christianity was created. Christianity is actually one of the youngest established religions around. I have no idea why so many Christians assume that the Bible is the one and only word. Hinduism is one of the oldest if not the oldest religions. So I guess every that follows Hinduism is wrong, because someone came along 5000 years later and wrote a book and got followers. Scientology started a lot like the Bible. In five hundred years everyone could be following Scientology and Christianity could be the religion everyone forgot. Its all relative. The person that started this did not want a lecture on Wicca vs Christianity. They were looking for like minded people. I do see your point in the fact that you can not be both Wicca and Christian. That is because Wicca directly goes against the views of the Bible. To the person that posted this thread. I wish you luck in finding more like minded people to help you along with your journey. Blessed Be.
couldnt agree more. Good to see open-minded people stepping up and defending other peoples rights when ignorant people blast them!!! thanks
Im just saying

Cookeville, TN

#7 Aug 29, 2011
It maybe one day i have no BIBLE .But you open minded people ,But i do know this you will not ever take him from my heart.Or the fact that i know what it says.
Wow

Cookeville, TN

#8 Aug 30, 2011
^ Let the intelligence shine through there. Don't hold back now.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#9 Aug 30, 2011
A Prayer You wrote:
Well you are as cloes as you cant get to anti christ.Christian is just that.Wicca is not Christian.Sorry for your miss understanding in this.It will speak of all this in the BIBLE.And also no other Gods before me.It is only through Jesus Christ.Not wicca.If you will just read all of the BIBLE and take it for what is says you wont need any thing else.That is the only book to go by.And why we have these others trying to make another God is beond me.If you are striving for the good in your life .This wicca is just like not believing in God.Dont go this way.I Just can understand.Why would any one take something that God did not want in our lives and try to change the the Lord has said. Honey just stick to the one and that is the BIBLE.that is why we have it.Is only one book.Not what the far fetched people come up with.Just one book.God bless you in these troubled times .and i pray you find God no some far fetched book some crazy person and wrote true.Couse it is not the way God wants it to be.God and the BIBLE is the only way.Just read it.You wont go wrong.And im praying for you.Its just a confort to know God it always there for us.Your are GODS child and he love you.He died for you .Is that not enough.It is for me.
Always good to get a spew of hate, fear, and ignorance from a Christer when the subject of Wicca comes up. The Bible is, in fact a VERY "far-fetched book" written by a number of "crazy people" wrote. You just worship it because they wrote it a long time ago and it's become a custom, or perhaps I should say a bad habit.

A "God" who has to get himself born a human, then "die" in order to "save" people from HIMSELF is a weird fiction, not in any way worthy of worship. Take your proselytizing and get lost.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#10 Aug 30, 2011
Im just saying wrote:
It maybe one day i have no BIBLE .But you open minded people ,But i do know this you will not ever take him from my heart.Or the fact that i know what it says.
No one's trying to take your religion from you, nutcase. So why are YOU trying to take away THEIR religious beliefs, or substitute your own for them?
check out

Jamestown, TN

#11 Aug 30, 2011
I hear there are satanist or wiccans in the muddy pond mennonite community up in monterey.
barbie

Cookeville, TN

#12 Sep 1, 2011
Satanists and wiccans are not the same thing. Wicca is an ancient religion. Many Gods have been involved over time. However, I have never read about or known any wiccans to worship Satan. There are many versions of wicca. You can be wicca and also belong to other religions.
hotbabe

Cookeville, TN

#13 Sep 1, 2011
I agree with Barbie.
check out

Jamestown, TN

#14 Sep 1, 2011
Please look at my post again.No one is saying that Satanist and Wiccans are the same.
Norse

Cookeville, TN

#15 Dec 4, 2011
I am of the Norse faith,neither a follwer of the roman god Christ nor a follower of the wiccan faith, so coming from a neutral position last time i checked there is freedom of religion in this country,that means ALL religions not just the roman god Christ Jesus's religion(s)
1x4me

Cookeville, TN

#16 Dec 15, 2011
Here we go again. It is up to each individual to work out their own salvation. Everyone needs to believe in someone or something bigger than themselves. We are all searching for that understanding and hope for something beyond this life. Even Christians fight with one another over who's religion is the correct one. Church of GOD vs. Baptist vs. Church of whatever. Wicca is not an evil entity. Do the research. I believe in GOD and the bible, but the person who lashed out at this person over a simple question was wrong. Not the best way to recruit sinners. FYI alot people today read from the King James Version. That is exactly what it is, his interpretation of Christ's word. To really understand it you need to go back to the ancient languages. Many times I have had preachers condemn someone from the pulpit all in the name of GOD. Not the GOD I know.

Since: Apr 12

Cookeville, TN

#17 Apr 24, 2012
Wow. Gotta love close minded, uneducated people. I have followed the Wiccan path for 2 years now and not one time did I call upon Satan for help. We work with the elements, ya know the things that "God" created. I however believe in evolution. I hate that Christians think because someone believes something different, they are sinners and are going to hell. Well guess what there is no hell. He is a purely Christian made up entity to blame their errors on. This is just my opinion. I love mother nature and everything she gives us. This is the true nature of a Wiccan. I have one question, do followers of God not research their information before they spread the word? Why would you want to convert people to your faith when you have no clue where and when it came from. Where did you get the information that Christianity is oldest? You did take history in high school didn't you? You need to stop judging people about what they believe in. That is not your job. Speak your opinion if people are interested they will look further if not stop trying to push people to your faith. And another question why do you fear your god? I don't have a desire to worship anything that I fear.
TTU Student

Cookeville, TN

#18 Apr 24, 2012
Oh boy - here we go. The whole "My religion is better than the other 2000 active religons out there" debate
dinkydao

Columbus, NC

#19 Apr 24, 2012
Do they dance nekked round the campire? Might be a lot a fun ya'll
been there

Cookeville, TN

#20 Apr 24, 2012
My wife's a Wiccan. I go to chapel service on Guard drill weekends. Used to go to Synagogue in basic training because let me tell you, a Jew is a hard f*cking thing to find in this town, let alone a Temple. Been to pagan gatherings, Ceremonial Magick gatherings, and I think the teachings of Christ are fine for me. He really was a good individual and you can't go wrong following his word. By his word I do not mean the Old Testament, because his teachings replaced the old covenant.

As for everyone else, I really don't care what you worship as long as it makes you happy. The only thing I despise is a government that wants to tell people who, what, how, when, and when not to worship. I don't want the government busting Christians' balls over worshiping, and I don't want a group of Christians using the government to enforce biblical law. If hell is a real place, just wait, all the people you don't like will be burning anyway... why use Caesar to hurt your foes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
this years fireworks show 23 min just another cust... 1
News All is Not Good in Algood (Feb '14) 4 hr summer time 684
Goods Lovell Against the BAD Lovells (Nov '10) 6 hr Justsayin 19
Beware! (Jul '11) 8 hr Hunter 9
Pizza Hut on Neal St 9 hr Boom 3
Happy 4th from the Founding Fathers! 10 hr username 22
Battle Flag the 4th of July - stand up, Souther... 10 hr username 8
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages