Monterey Perdue plant wont hire Ameri...

Monterey Perdue plant wont hire American Citizens

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
hurting needing a job

Santa Clara, CA

#1 Apr 11, 2010
Ive just read about the lawsuit filed against Perdue Farms in nearby Monterey,Tennessee inwhich they hire and prefer Illegal Latinos over American Citizens.
This really pisses me off because Ive tried to get a job there for sometime.
I have a college degree, a hard worker and once worked there over 15 years ago. Im unemployed through no fault of my own and they have been steadily hiring for sometime although they did have a lull around christmas.
I have never been against the latin people or immagration issues because Im of a mixed race and come from a poor amercian family but Im a american citizen and this is not right.
I hope this company gets SHUT DOWN.
What they are doing and have done is wrong.
Why would they not hire someone like me?
Its because Im an American !
WHY CANT WE FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAIN THEM?
HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN DENIED EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE THEY HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS INSTEAD OF AMERICAN CITIZENS , AND SOME ALIENS WORK DOUBLE SHIFTS UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES AND ALL UNDER THE KNOWING EYE OF MANAGEMENT THERE!
THE ICE NEEDS TO SHUT THAT PLACE DOWN .
I NEED A JOB TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY TOO.
(please read todays Herald-Citizen for the full scope of the lawsuit)
They Do

Cookeville, TN

#2 Apr 11, 2010
Hire Americans. My brother in law and uncle are both American citizens and work right along side most of the illegals. I agree with your frustration but it might just come down to who interviewed you. I agree that what they have been doing is wrong and they should be punished for it. But I would never wish them closed. There are many American citizens that depend on that facility to feed their families. I think this is sick and sad that a company would hurt its legal applicants but I also know that my two family members there have nothing to do with all that mess and just do their job to pay their bills and the innocent shouldn't suffer because of a few sorry excuses for human beings
unknown

Sparta, TN

#3 Apr 11, 2010
It started going down hill when NAFTA came into play! I remember it well,'cause I also worked there for many years!
Now

Cookeville, TN

#4 Apr 11, 2010
What will Casal do now that there isn't any illegals to take care of?? Hopefully he will fold and leave town!
unknown

Sparta, TN

#5 Apr 11, 2010
Now wrote:
What will Casal do now that there isn't any illegals to take care of?? Hopefully he will fold and leave town!
Who is Casal?
also unknown

Cookeville, TN

#6 Apr 11, 2010
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Casal?
I think it's some doctor here in town. Really don't understand why the name is being brought into this, as it is off-topic.
the maire

Weehawken, NJ

#7 Apr 11, 2010
close this compagny ,you are so funny ,monterey will close also ........the taxes will be over the roof .many are not hired because they cannot pass the DRUG TEST or have a CRIMINAL RECORD.
many do not show up to start the job.or stay one or two day crying ,they have to WORK. not because they are American's,immigration raid those place in a regular bases .go ahead close this place ,close monterey ,and the drug activity .if you need a job ,see some other place ,look for one instead of crying for one .wy waist your time ???
moonpie

Cookeville, TN

#8 Apr 11, 2010
hurting needing a job wrote:
Ive just read about the lawsuit filed against Perdue Farms in nearby Monterey,Tennessee inwhich they hire and prefer Illegal Latinos over American Citizens.
This really pisses me off because Ive tried to get a job there for sometime.
I have a college degree, a hard worker and once worked there over 15 years ago. Im unemployed through no fault of my own and they have been steadily hiring for sometime although they did have a lull around christmas.
I have never been against the latin people or immagration issues because Im of a mixed race and come from a poor amercian family but Im a american citizen and this is not right.
I hope this company gets SHUT DOWN.
What they are doing and have done is wrong.
Why would they not hire someone like me?
Its because Im an American !
WHY CANT WE FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAIN THEM?
HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN DENIED EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE THEY HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS INSTEAD OF AMERICAN CITIZENS , AND SOME ALIENS WORK DOUBLE SHIFTS UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES AND ALL UNDER THE KNOWING EYE OF MANAGEMENT THERE!
THE ICE NEEDS TO SHUT THAT PLACE DOWN .
I NEED A JOB TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY TOO.
(please read todays Herald-Citizen for the full scope of the lawsuit)
The more people in a class action lawsuit the more credible it is. Why not contact the attorney that filed this for them and ask if you can join it? Sometimes they will put notices in newspapers or ads on TV after people start contacting them and then they will send paperwork. Back when the Phen-Fen diet pills had that big lawsuit, I contacted a number that was listed and they sent me paperwork to fill out to see if I was on the diet pill during the time frame they were filing about. Go for it. It is not that the people around here won't work it is that they won't work for the wages the illegals will to pick apart raw chicken. Pay the American people right and you would have them up there in Monterey in droves to be hired. Good, hardworking people who want to suppor their families. If they are paid a little above minimum wage they will say forget it. Give people back their dignity so they can raise their children, have decent wages. Stop bringing in illegals and making the working class people the new poor in America. Do you know how awful it is to see a bunch of illegals driving around in NEW CARS because they have three or four identities and they all go different places to work and pool their money to buy it and we as a community see our workers having to go to other towns to get decent wages for their families? This is wrong. Contact that attorney.
mexicans go HOME

Cookeville, TN

#9 Apr 11, 2010
Damn Mexicans. Sick of them. Deport every illegal here, damnit!
the maire

Weehawken, NJ

#10 Apr 11, 2010
all jobs dow hill when nfta came to life ,i remember this bill was signed by BILL CLINTON ,and his co-host ALL GORE . great move ........... Today our new president from the same party ,the great OBAMA ,will send you some welfare check's .
the maire

Weehawken, NJ

#11 Apr 11, 2010
moon pie ........are you running for some liberal election ??are you on drug ?? maybe just a little ?? all employes are on the same pay scale .foreings or natives .the wages are way over minimum wages to start .the dignity you are talking about is for welfare peoples , REAL DIGNITY : be a MAN and stop crying ,raise you family:do not be beggar.do not chase the free money ,earn your own.........
Reggie

Sparta, TN

#12 Apr 11, 2010
Read what this case worker wrote:
http://wehirealiens.com/employer/index.asp...
trainwreck

United States

#13 Apr 12, 2010
All of the illegals have been ran off and they lost their contract with subway and have been laying people off and the reason most white people couldnt get a job there befor is because they dont want to work! if you owned a company would you want workers or complainers working for you! the turnover rate for whites at ffm was over 70% in the first 30 days of employment a few years ago. i hate our jobs are being taken by non americans as any other american but come on. they didnt want to do hard work untill they had no other choice but hard work and now some are pissed cause they cant get hired! they should have been a little more willing to do hard work in the first place and they wouldnt have to worry about their jobs going to mexicans! america, get off your lazy asses and work!
guest

United States

#14 Apr 12, 2010
trainwreck wrote:
All of the illegals have been ran off and they lost their contract with subway and have been laying people off and the reason most white people couldnt get a job there befor is because they dont want to work! if you owned a company would you want workers or complainers working for you! the turnover rate for whites at ffm was over 70% in the first 30 days of employment a few years ago. i hate our jobs are being taken by non americans as any other american but come on. they didnt want to do hard work untill they had no other choice but hard work and now some are pissed cause they cant get hired! they should have been a little more willing to do hard work in the first place and they wouldnt have to worry about their jobs going to mexicans! america, get off your lazy asses and work!
I disagree. If they paid decent wages then quality workers would work there. There is a lot of things a person will do if they are getting paid right. Those pissant illegals think they are making big money to send back to Mexico.
bushisanidiot

Tullahoma, TN

#15 Apr 12, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. If they paid decent wages then quality workers would work there. There is a lot of things a person will do if they are getting paid right. Those pissant illegals think they are making big money to send back to Mexico.
their wages are about the same if not better than most factory jobs or non skilled labor jobs around here. bottom line is alot of lazy ass rednecks that had rather milk the government than do an honest days work around here! I dont like it any more than you do but alott of the American workers dug their grave over the last 10 or so years. Like the other poster said. If people were willing to work in the first place none of this would be going on! People with little education and no skills demanding high wages for non skilled jobs is crazy! Thats what the reward is for going to college or trade school! If someone wants to make higher wages then they should apply themselfs and get an education!
I hate IA

Hilham, TN

#16 Apr 12, 2010
This is crazy, lasy ass rednecks that had rather milk the government than do an honest days work??? Are you freakin serious? The Hispanic people that are working at Perdue under two or three different names getting paid two or three checks a week are getting food stamps and tenncare. We are working to pay for them to live eight to ten to a house, sleeping on mattresses on the floor through out a house and sending all their money home to Mexico where they can live like millionaires over there. It is crazy to get on here and defend them, wanna talk about American's not lasting past the 30 days, I know a few that were there for over 20 years and they were fired because of the damn mexicans wanting the supervisor jobs, being set up by the hr dept and the mexican sanitation workers as to where they had to resign from their jobs. So I have to argue with you on the fact that it is just lazy ass Americans whining about not being able to work there or get their jobs back, it is honest hardworking Americans losing their jobs to nasty mexicans that come over here illegally and get to reap all of the benefits that we should have as free American, honest blood Americans....I think that ICE should be up there twice a week every week through out the whole year...
this place

Cookeville, TN

#17 Apr 13, 2010
ICE should have been out to this place LONG ago!

This is the start of how the influx of Mexicans even started in the area to begin with. Monterey has turned into a mini-Mexico within 10 years.

Then the Mexican "stores" started popping up all over Monterey & Cookeville. All they are is a place to provide check cashing and wire transfers to Mexico, really. They are usually called Guata-something or other.

They started this crap when Western Union put a limit to the amount of wire transfers the Mexicans & Guatemalans could send back home, so now they use Mexican-based wire transfer services so there is no limit as to how much and how often they can send money. At times, they send it to bring MORE Latinos right here to Monterey/Cookeville, to work at where else - the damn chicken plant.

Oh yeah, now the lawn services are hiring them. I'm seeing more and more lawn crews go from white to brown in the past 4 years. It's just sickening.

They get hired because they will work jobs considered as "high-risk", and will work for lower wages. It's not that Americans are lazy, it's cheaper to employ them and they aren't seeking medical benefits, which is just cheaper for any company all-around. All of this just makes me sick.
Hello

Cookeville, TN

#18 Apr 13, 2010
Of course people are hiring mexicans the work they will do for 5 dollars LAZY Americans wont do for under 8. They actually have this thing called a work ethic and granted is it messed up they get food stamps and tenncare and all that snazz yeah its really f*cked up but plain and simple those mexicans everyone's complaining about work at least three times harder than most Americans.
They are using multiple names to work MORE hours how many white friends do you know like that? Not many. probably, some barely work a full forty hours and still complain of working too much. Fixing the problems starts with each individual person. Earn your keep so to say. If a mexican out performs you and takes your job maybe thats when its time to reevaluate your own work ethic.

And I am an American citizen with relatives who work at that very plant that make good money. The company is wrong for its part but blame falls back on our local citizens who obviously were not getting the job done to begin with.
this place

Cookeville, TN

#19 Apr 13, 2010
Hello wrote:
Of course people are hiring mexicans the work they will do for 5 dollars LAZY Americans wont do for under 8. They actually have this thing called a work ethic and granted is it messed up they get food stamps and tenncare and all that snazz yeah its really f*cked up but plain and simple those mexicans everyone's complaining about work at least three times harder than most Americans.
They are using multiple names to work MORE hours how many white friends do you know like that? Not many. probably, some barely work a full forty hours and still complain of working too much. Fixing the problems starts with each individual person. Earn your keep so to say. If a mexican out performs you and takes your job maybe thats when its time to reevaluate your own work ethic.
And I am an American citizen with relatives who work at that very plant that make good money. The company is wrong for its part but blame falls back on our local citizens who obviously were not getting the job done to begin with.
So, you are telling me that will be the chicken plant's defense? That Americans are lazy so they hired illegal aliens?

This has NOTHING to do with Americans being lazy. This has everything to do with saving major corporations huge sums of MONEY.

I can not believe that you are sitting here in defense of illegal aliens that work three shifts, receiving free state medical coverage, WIC, Families First, while they rake in the cash. Are you sniffing glue or something, or are you on a different planet.

Wake up and see this for what it is. Corporate scum is behind the Mexican/Guatemalan invasion!
Its true

Lebanon, TN

#20 Apr 13, 2010
Hello wrote:
Of course people are hiring mexicans the work they will do for 5 dollars LAZY Americans wont do for under 8. They actually have this thing called a work ethic and granted is it messed up they get food stamps and tenncare and all that snazz yeah its really f*cked up but plain and simple those mexicans everyone's complaining about work at least three times harder than most Americans.
They are using multiple names to work MORE hours how many white friends do you know like that? Not many. probably, some barely work a full forty hours and still complain of working too much. Fixing the problems starts with each individual person. Earn your keep so to say. If a mexican out performs you and takes your job maybe thats when its time to reevaluate your own work ethic.
And I am an American citizen with relatives who work at that very plant that make good money. The company is wrong for its part but blame falls back on our local citizens who obviously were not getting the job done to begin with.
Have to agree with you completely! They show up to the job on time when they said they would ready to work. I remember when local folks willing to work did not worry about the pay if they could just have a job. Now they won't work for less than $10/hr. We ased for it, we got it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spring St Supermarket 1 hr Jerry H 3
Chris Mcbroom (Apr '14) 1 hr Sbk 4
Andrea Ayers let's not forget get the records 1 hr Curious 2
don't use cookeville concrete (Sep '09) 2 hr nutzaplente 83
Man walking streets (May '15) 3 hr earth 45
Nudist colony nearby 4 hr Red 38
Evidence Overton CO court fraud,children on fam... 4 hr Fugit 19

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages