Woman throws bacon, runs from store

Woman throws bacon, runs from store

There are 29 comments on the Herald-Citizen story from Jan 31, 2013, titled Woman throws bacon, runs from store. In it, Herald-Citizen reports that:

She wanted bacon - but didn't want to pay for it. When confronted by store employees, Trena R. Greenwood, 47, of Dyer Long Road, Cookeville, threw the bacon and made a run for it, according to a Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Citizen.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Porky

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jan 31, 2013
Now thats hauling bacon.
sad

Livingston, TN

#2 Jan 31, 2013
In another recent shoplifting case, Heather Bowman, 37, of Celina Highway, Livingston, was issued a citation at Walmart on Jefferson Avenue, according to a Jan. 28 report by Officer Charles Quiett.

Allegedly, she attempted to leave the store without paying for nearly $300 worth of painting supplies.

“(The store loss prevention employee) stated he was watching Mrs. Bowman and an unknown male place all the items in the buggy and then start walking to the lawn and garden exit.”

When the suspects went past the point of sale, the employee attempted to stop the male, who “fled on foot.”

However, Bowman was detained until police arrived. Her shopping cart contained 39 items, including cans of paint, valued at $198.45, and paint brushes and rollers,$100.

“Mrs. Bowman stated that she did not know who the male was and stated that she knew ‘about 50 people’ inside the store right now,” Quiett’s report says.

The male was later identified as Michael James Bowman, 39, of Celina Highway, Livingston.
wtf

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 31, 2013
Out of everything in the world that this lady could have chosen to steal, she stole bacon.
yosji

Fayetteville, NC

#4 Feb 1, 2013
She was Hongry
uutt oohh

Cookeville, TN

#5 Feb 1, 2013
what 2 packs of bacon are worth $35?
Anonymous

Livingston, TN

#6 Feb 1, 2013
Wish I would of been there I would of bought her Bacon and Eggs etc. I cant take seeing anyone hungry, was that way too much when I was A kid, if I ever hit the lottery I wii feed A lot of ppl. In America there should be 0, hunger and sleeping in A cardboard box on the sidewalk. Doesen't say much for us.
Mistress

Charlotte, NC

#7 Feb 1, 2013
uutt oohh wrote:
what 2 packs of bacon are worth $35?
I forgot the name, but I believe it's Worth. I buy it. It has 1.5 lbs in each pack, is super thick cut, and doesn't shrivel up to nothing when cooked. I can make one pack go for 3 meals feeding a family of 3. It's worth trying if you haven't.:) Kroger has a pack of their brand of bacon cut like that, but the prices are relatively close.
jmo

United States

#8 Feb 1, 2013
That's a horrible way to treat bacon!
wtf

Cookeville, TN

#9 Feb 1, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Wish I would of been there I would of bought her Bacon and Eggs etc. I cant take seeing anyone hungry, was that way too much when I was A kid, if I ever hit the lottery I wii feed A lot of ppl. In America there should be 0, hunger and sleeping in A cardboard box on the sidewalk. Doesen't say much for us.
As somebody else said, what two packs of bacon is worth $35? If this lady was hungry should could have gotten the cheap stuff, not freaking Boar's Head brand or whatever the hell she decided to redeem her five finger discount on. That does no indicate that she is poor, it indicates that she's a greedy, self-centered a**hole. Besides, being poor does not justify stealing. There are umpteen places in this town that give food to those in need.
Anonymous

Livingston, TN

#10 Feb 1, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
As somebody else said, what two packs of bacon is worth $35? If this lady was hungry should could have gotten the cheap stuff, not freaking Boar's Head brand or whatever the hell she decided to redeem her five finger discount on. That does no indicate that she is poor, it indicates that she's a greedy, self-centered a**hole. Besides, being poor does not justify stealing. There are umpteen places in this town that give food to those in need.
YOU creep, YOUVE NEVER BEEN HUNGRY HAVE YOU,? WHY DIDNT YOU PUT HER IN YOUR CAR AND DRIVE HER AROUND? YOU JUDGEMENTAL a**HOLE! HOPE YOU STARVE TO DEATH! HOW DO YOU KNOW HER CIRCUMSTANCES?, DO YOU KNOW HER? IF I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT WOULD SURE AS HELL! BE MORE THAN A PACK OF BACON!
rod

Livingston, TN

#11 Feb 1, 2013
there both pill heads and thiefs hope they go to jail
Anonymous

Livingston, TN

#12 Feb 1, 2013
Who?
What

Cookeville, TN

#13 Feb 1, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>YOU creep, YOUVE NEVER BEEN HUNGRY HAVE YOU,? WHY DIDNT YOU PUT HER IN YOUR CAR AND DRIVE HER AROUND? YOU JUDGEMENTAL a**HOLE! HOPE YOU STARVE TO DEATH! HOW DO YOU KNOW HER CIRCUMSTANCES?, DO YOU KNOW HER? IF I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT WOULD SURE AS HELL! BE MORE THAN A PACK OF BACON!
Are you being serious? Somebody is a non-empathetic creep because they don't think there is a reason for breaking the law to steal a pack of premium bacon? Nobody said anything about making money off of anything...except you. Are you the perp? If so, clearly you're not hurting enough financially to not be able to afford a computer or internet access.
jmo

United States

#14 Feb 1, 2013
OK
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>YOU creep, YOUVE NEVER BEEN HUNGRY HAVE YOU,? WHY DIDNT YOU PUT HER IN YOUR CAR AND DRIVE HER AROUND? YOU JUDGEMENTAL a**HOLE! HOPE YOU STARVE TO DEATH! HOW DO YOU KNOW HER CIRCUMSTANCES?, DO YOU KNOW HER? IF I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT WOULD SURE AS HELL! BE MORE THAN A PACK OF BACON!
Calm yourself. First off, I think if I was very hungry and wanted food without paying, I would probably get something I could slap together in a hurry without cooking, like bologna and bread, peanut butter and jelly even. I agree that making money off bacon wouldn't be as lucrative as lifting steaks or seadood. I priced Worth Bscon today. It's about $7 a package, pricey, but not like a steak or roast. I don't like the idea of someone hungry either, but there are places which give you food. I feel very privileged to be able to buy whatever food I need. I often wonder when I see someone who looks kind of down and out if they might need some help on groceries. I would love to help, but don't want to offend.

“Harper Valley Mom”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Anyone needing assistance with food can go to the Livingston/Overton County Dept. of Human services for a list of area food banks and distribution times.
There are several for those who need help.
Many n need

Jamestown, TN

#16 Feb 2, 2013
the real ms johnson wrote:
Anyone needing assistance with food can go to the Livingston/Overton County Dept. of Human services for a list of area food banks and distribution times.
There are several for those who need help.
Thank you!
Anonymous

Livingston, TN

#17 Feb 2, 2013
one problem is ppl. have no rides or cant buy gas, if you get a ride you are holding someone up for at least 3 hrs. they dont like that they got to go do their stuff too, it usually takes 3to4 hrs if there are a lot of ppl, the methodist church on roberts gives noon wed. if they dont have food theh will pin a note on the door, they usually do have food.......good food, take a basket or box with you then you want to go in and take a number....they love you there,
Atlas

Livingston, TN

#18 Feb 2, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
It's YOU who is the A**hole. And a silly one at that. She wasn't stealing because she was hungry. She was stealing because she's a thief. She was stealing because that's what she does. There are all kinds of ways to get food if you're needy, and she knows it, but it,s easier to just steal it like she's always done.
trees

Cookeville, TN

#19 Feb 2, 2013
Atlas wrote:
<quoted text>
It's YOU who is the A**hole. And a silly one at that. She wasn't stealing because she was hungry. She was stealing because she's a thief. She was stealing because that's what she does. There are all kinds of ways to get food if you're needy, and she knows it, but it,s easier to just steal it like she's always done.
THANK YOU.

Jeebus, people. Quit trying to victimize the criminal. I think most of us can agree that letting somebody starve to death is bad, but this is not some poverty-stricken homeless lady who is just trying to survive. She's been arrested for DUI in the past so she obviously has some defect in character.

http://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cg...
Mindy

Cookeville, TN

#21 Feb 3, 2013
I think she is a dead-beat, and looking for a hand out instead of a hand-up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Pigman 1 hr Car Guy 1
Drug Dealers Hood and L-Block Get OUT (Aug '10) 2 hr The Nation 17
Brittany Fletcher Elmore 2 hr Prayers 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cookeville, TN (Jul '10) 5 hr Karen 367
Sick mom 7 hr Donny joe 1
Firemens stupid moustache 7 hr Jill 3
rebecca hembree 8 hr The truth 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages