Screw you and your rare steak

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tehwut

Cookeville, TN

#1 Feb 8, 2013
This seems to be a growing trend lately: ordering a steak well-done is apparently the restaurant equivalent of paying for bottled water with a hundred dollar bill pulled out of your inuit-hide wallet. Heaven forbid somebody enjoy the taste of beef cooked all the way through; you gotta appreciate the JUICES which by the way are totally not the same thing as BLOOD. Ordering a slab of meat well-done shows not only poor taste in food, but blatant disregard for the service industry as a whole since they have to spend a couple more minutes actually cooking the damn thing versus allowing room temperature to do the job you you.

No, fck you. I'm paying for somebody else to cook my food and serve it to me, and I'll damn well order my steak any goddamned way I like. "B-b-but the juices!", I hear you squeak with indignation! fck your juices and fck the tapeworm eggs it's inevitably infested with if it came from a cow raised or slaughtered in any large-scale commercial setup (likely). I happen to enjoy the taste of cooked beef served with salt, pepper and fresh vegetables, accompanied by a glass of decent lager, and if that's what I want, that's what I'll order. When your shift is over you can join the cook in the kitchen and slap each other the ass with slabs of raw beef for all I care, but while I'm paying I expect to have my leathery, bone dry crime against neckbeard sensibilities cooked just the way I like it.

So I don't have any taste and it's a shame how I insist on "ruining" the meat? Next you'll probably be all over my rear end for "ruining" a perfectly good serving of caviar with chopped onions and sour cream. Or maybe you've got an opinion about my way of completely ruining a perfectly good piece of tuna sashimi by frying it in a pan and simmering it with crushed tomatoes and a handful of oregano, basil and parsley? Newsflash, fuckcheeks: There's more than one way to prepare and enjoy any ingredient, and yours isn't the correct one. So the next time you roll up your sleeves to post a scathing comment about the way some people order their steak, stop! and consider the following:
You are an idiot.
You shouldn't be arguing about matters of taste.
Thank you for your time, and I hope this advice sticks with at least one of you. You may now insult me and describe your favorite technique for preparing a piece of beef.
Cool

Cookeville, TN

#2 Feb 8, 2013
lol i love how people think that rare meat is somehow exempt from the issue of food borne illness, as if bacteria are only gonna settle on the surface...destined to be seared away by 5 seconds of skillet time. thats not how biology works, and everybody i know who eats ultra rare meat ends up plugged for about two days while their gut tries to make sense of it.

my wife eats her steak cold in the middle, bleeding and mooing on the plate. she buys that disgusting boars head roast beef from kroger and publix for twelve bucks a pound. hell, why not just save yourself the time and eat it straight off the cow.
enlightened

Dunlap, TN

#3 Feb 8, 2013
Bring it to 155 degrees for 15 seconds to kill bacteria and then serve it to me. Medium rare is my favorite steak. I'll do a bit rarer at the house but not much. To each his own. If you like it well done then enjoy! Always cook ground beef to at least medium well though.
Lol

Lexington, TN

#4 Feb 8, 2013
You like ketchup on it too!
ewww

Manchester, TN

#5 Feb 9, 2013
People that eat their steak well done are generally the boring doucebags that consider a saturday night at wal mart to be an eventful evening.

I prefer taste over burnt charcoal.
huh

Cookeville, TN

#6 Feb 9, 2013
tehwut wrote:
inuit-hide wallet.
Interesting....didn't know there were wallets made out of Eskimos.
really

Manchester, TN

#7 Feb 9, 2013
Dude you are a freaking pathetic sad little soul. Fine, we all understand that you have baby tastebuds and have trouble enjoying grownup foods. Maybe you should stick to the drive thru windows, that way you can dip your nuggets in that fine ketchup. You're such a little child.
what

Cookeville, TN

#8 Feb 9, 2013
really wrote:
Dude you are a freaking pathetic sad little soul. Fine, we all understand that you have baby tastebuds and have trouble enjoying grownup foods. Maybe you should stick to the drive thru windows, that way you can dip your nuggets in that fine ketchup. You're such a little child.
What the hell is your problem? I too am tired of people like you looking down their noses at people who look their food COOKED. I'll eat what I want to eat. You eat what you want to eat. I'm not sitting across the table going "EWWWW" so you, the waitress, the cook, and everybody else shouldn't be bitching about what I eat when I'M THE ONE PAYING FOR IT.
really

Manchester, TN

#9 Feb 9, 2013
But you are the one crying like a little bitchboy. So go get you some fish stick and sit at the kids table, I'll bring you some crayons.
Just Saying

Cookeville, TN

#10 Feb 9, 2013
really wrote:
I find it ironic that you're calling others immature when you care so much about what other people are eating. You sound like that kid in third grade who would point and make gagging noises whenever somebody was eating anything other than hamburger, pizza, or spaghetti for lunch.

It's not your money being spent, so you should dis-concern yourself with it. If somebody wants to spend $40 on raw meat, let them. If somebody wants to spend $40 on charred meat, let them. On a list of things I care about, whether or not somebody has their steaks rare comes in at number 7,435,645,633,546.
My2ccs

Cookeville, TN

#11 Feb 9, 2013
It only takes one pretty good case of food poisoning to start ordering your steaks on the done side. I still eat medium-rare steaks off my own cattle but never again will I order anything rare from a restaurant, especially after working in them and knowing exactly the level of carelessness that is put into food handling and storage. I won't name specific restaurants but many times raw meats were left sitting out for hours, if not the entire day, because people were too lazy to go fetch it from the cooler when they needed it. Most restaurants in town would never pass an unannounced health inspection.
MicroMajor

Cookeville, TN

#12 Feb 9, 2013
enlightened wrote:
Bring it to 155 degrees for 15 seconds to kill bacteria and then serve it to me. Medium rare is my favorite steak. I'll do a bit rarer at the house but not much. To each his own. If you like it well done then enjoy! Always cook ground beef to at least medium well though.
E. Coli isn't eradicated from meat until the meat has an internal temperature of 140 F sustained for 8 minutes. The same applies to salmonella and most worm eggs. At 155 for 15 seconds, you've obtained an internal temperature of about 100-105, which is the ideal growth temperature for both E. Coli and Salmonella so not only have you not killed anything other than surface contaminants, you've turned your meat into an incubator.

But whatever. Bon Appetit.
Finger In Pie

Cookeville, TN

#13 Feb 9, 2013
I've got your juices.
how cares

United States

#14 Feb 9, 2013
tehwut wrote:
This seems to be a growing trend lately: ordering a steak well-done is apparently the restaurant equivalent of paying for bottled water with a hundred dollar bill pulled out of your inuit-hide wallet. Heaven forbid somebody enjoy the taste of beef cooked all the way through; you gotta appreciate the JUICES which by the way are totally not the same thing as BLOOD. Ordering a slab of meat well-done shows not only poor taste in food, but blatant disregard for the service industry as a whole since they have to spend a couple more minutes actually cooking the damn thing versus allowing room temperature to do the job you you.
No, fck you. I'm paying for somebody else to cook my food and serve it to me, and I'll damn well order my steak any goddamned way I like. "B-b-but the juices!", I hear you squeak with indignation! fck your juices and fck the tapeworm eggs it's inevitably infested with if it came from a cow raised or slaughtered in any large-scale commercial setup (likely). I happen to enjoy the taste of cooked beef served with salt, pepper and fresh vegetables, accompanied by a glass of decent lager, and if that's what I want, that's what I'll order. When your shift is over you can join the cook in the kitchen and slap each other the ass with slabs of raw beef for all I care, but while I'm paying I expect to have my leathery, bone dry crime against neckbeard sensibilities cooked just the way I like it.
So I don't have any taste and it's a shame how I insist on "ruining" the meat? Next you'll probably be all over my rear end for "ruining" a perfectly good serving of caviar with chopped onions and sour cream. Or maybe you've got an opinion about my way of completely ruining a perfectly good piece of tuna sashimi by frying it in a pan and simmering it with crushed tomatoes and a handful of oregano, basil and parsley? Newsflash, fuckcheeks: There's more than one way to prepare and enjoy any ingredient, and yours isn't the correct one. So the next time you roll up your sleeves to post a scathing comment about the way some people order their steak, stop! and consider the following:
You are an idiot.
You shouldn't be arguing about matters of taste.
Thank you for your time, and I hope this advice sticks with at least one of you. You may now insult me and describe your favorite technique for preparing a piece of beef.
You weren't breastfed were you? Good thing. Ordering mommie to boil her milk would have been a PIA as much as pushing you out.
Leroy Jenkins

Cookeville, TN

#15 Feb 9, 2013
how cares wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't breastfed were you? Good thing. Ordering mommie to boil her milk would have been a PIA as much as pushing you out.
Comparing breast milk to meat that comes from cows that were literally caked with feces at the time of their slaughter because they were lived out their days knee deep in their own shit (the reason e coli contamination exists in the first place) is a bit fatuous.
little ole me

Cookeville, TN

#16 Feb 9, 2013
Leroy Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing breast milk to meat that comes from cows that were literally caked with feces at the time of their slaughter because they were lived out their days knee deep in their own shit (the reason e coli contamination exists in the first place) is a bit fatuous.
http://www.fattestblog.com/.a/6a01156f88e1479...

Yummy.

For real though, dude has a point. If you want rare steak, buy it direct from local farmers and you won't have to worry about the insane levels of bacteria present in most store bought beef...plus it's probably cheaper per pound since you're cutting out the middle men...or possibly the same per pound since most places buy cheap meat and sell it at a huge markup.

Personally, I like mine medium well. I just don't find anything appetizing about hemoglobin. Sorry.
Henry

United States

#17 Feb 9, 2013
Good grief some of you sound like a bunch of pansies, I agree with the others quit crying over it and eat you some fruit loops.

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#18 Feb 9, 2013
I've never herd anyone complain about a well-done steak. If for some reason you arent on a special religious diet,you may consider Red Lobster for your steak. I believe you to be on a special religious diet though.
seriously

Manchester, TN

#19 Feb 9, 2013
grow a pair man. so you like your meat burnt. why are you trying to make people feel sorry for you.
enlightened

Niota, TN

#20 Feb 9, 2013
I should have said 155 internal temperature. Oops Lol. I always check the internal temp in several spots with a digital probe.
MicroMajor wrote:
<quoted text>
E. Coli isn't eradicated from meat until the meat has an internal temperature of 140 F sustained for 8 minutes. The same applies to salmonella and most worm eggs. At 155 for 15 seconds, you've obtained an internal temperature of about 100-105, which is the ideal growth temperature for both E. Coli and Salmonella so not only have you not killed anything other than surface contaminants, you've turned your meat into an incubator.
But whatever. Bon Appetit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In need of someone special 1 hr MouthyKindOfGirl 5
Dr Roy Bilbrey??? (Dec '10) 2 hr hsvan 19
Subway always open on Christmas (Dec '11) 3 hr ChurchOfChristDad 24
CHS assistant principal matlock 3 hr madmom502 1
Massage 4 hr The Rock 19
Merry Xmas 4 hr djl 4
Best Gym to Join ? (Jan '14) 4 hr rebelwolf85 16
Cookeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web