Democrats caved on entitlements

Democrats caved on entitlements

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jenni

United States

#2 Dec 19, 2012
Hefty Lefty wrote:
Like Clockwork: Obama Caves -- Bye, bye $250,000 and up. Hello $400,000 and up
Dec 18, 2012, 11:56 PM USA/ET -
And so the unnecessary caving begins again.
Dear DU apologists, I understand you adamantly insisted Obama would never cave on the long held campaign promise of raising taxes on households making $250K and up so I am offering you yet another olive branch so you can begin your new spin (and/or burying) of how it never happened
Going over the cliff is still the best option for America and Democrats but like the Right we on our side have deniers a plenty to the facts. Do nothing and the Left wins. It's a simple strategy. We are now negotiating a deal with the Right says you either agree with the Right (deep entitlement cuts, more tax cuts for corporations, save the wealthy), or you are the world's worst negotiator.There is a difference between compromising and caving. It appears many on our side, the left, aren't able to comprehend that. Obama caved. Big time on entitlements. And we aren't done yet. The world is in balance again even though the left has The White House.
what did you expect. He didn't close guantonomo and get out of Iraqi the first year like he promised. His stimulus didn't keep unemployment under 8% like promised. His Obama care hasn't cut the medical cost in half for millionS of Americans. Its like the left was led by the blind. I do like that he caved though. Less entitlements and low taxes is always sound economical policy. Wish we would get more entitlement cuts.
Jimmi

Cookeville, TN

#3 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> what did you expect. He didn't close guantonomo and get out of Iraqi the first year like he promised. His stimulus didn't keep unemployment under 8% like promised. His Obama care hasn't cut the medical cost in half for millionS of Americans. Its like the left was led by the blind. I do like that he caved though. Less entitlements and low taxes is always sound economical policy. Wish we would get more entitlement cuts.
The new Topix bomb thrower. Red ain't got nothing on you. All that's missing is the all important(to Fox viewers) youtube videos. Cut medical costs in half? Hasn't even taken effect yet. Show where he claimed this. And what would the GOP plan have done. Oh, that's right, there isn't one, wasn't one, and never will there be one. How could anyone have accurately predicted the unemployment rate at that time. I'm sure the Topix troopers could have, right? Be leaved!
Jimmi

Cookeville, TN

#4 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> what did you expect. He didn't close guantonomo and get out of Iraqi the first year like he promised. His stimulus didn't keep unemployment under 8% like promised. His Obama care hasn't cut the medical cost in half for millionS of Americans. Its like the left was led by the blind. I do like that he caved though. Less entitlements and low taxes is always sound economical policy. Wish we would get more entitlement cuts.
Guantanamo!!! O not near A on Iphone. Can you actually be in college and not know how to spell? Have someone proofread your business card before doing any "lawyering"!
Jenni

United States

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Jimmi wrote:
<quoted text>
The new Topix bomb thrower. Red ain't got nothing on you. All that's missing is the all important(to Fox viewers) youtube videos. Cut medical costs in half? Hasn't even taken effect yet. Show where he claimed this. And what would the GOP plan have done. Oh, that's right, there isn't one, wasn't one, and never will there be one. How could anyone have accurately predicted the unemployment rate at that time. I'm sure the Topix troopers could have, right? Be leaved!
here you go.......... In Wisconsin, Obamacare to Increase Individual Insurance Premiums by 30%, Says Obama Adviser
With the Presidential election one week away, itís worth reviewing how Obamacare will impact the residents of key swing states. In Wisconsin, as elsewhere, Obamacare will drive up the cost of private health coverage, especially for those who buy insurance on their own. One of Obamaís key health-care advisers, Jonathan Gruber, found that by 2016, individual premiums in Wisconsin will increase by an average of 30 percent. In addition, Obamacare will deeply cut Medicare Advantage for more than 300,000 Wisconsin seniors enrolled in the program. Forbes
Jenni

United States

#6 Dec 19, 2012
Jimmi wrote:
<quoted text>
Guantanamo!!! O not near A on Iphone. Can you actually be in college and not know how to spell? Have someone proofread your business card before doing any "lawyering"!
Jealous often? You can't provide the facts, you try to pick at the grammar? Really weak attempt to prove a point. Grow up and quit acting like little bitch. Excuse my language.
what

Cookeville, TN

#7 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> what did you expect. He didn't close guantonomo and get out of Iraqi the first year like he promised. His stimulus didn't keep unemployment under 8% like promised. His Obama care hasn't cut the medical cost in half for millionS of Americans. Its like the left was led by the blind. I do like that he caved though. Less entitlements and low taxes is always sound economical policy. Wish we would get more entitlement cuts.
I am ENTITLED to my disability check because I WORKED and PAYED INTO IT for 50 years! What's fair about stealing from me and others?
Jenni

United States

#8 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni

United States

#9 Dec 19, 2012
COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER
Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful. Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.
Jenni

United States

#10 Dec 19, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
I am ENTITLED to my disability check because I WORKED and PAYED INTO IT for 50 years! What's fair about stealing from me and others?
and your age is? If yor reffer back to ther post, I am a advocate of bennifits for under 18 and 65+. Also for the disabled and the vets. The vast majority of entitlement spending on programs such as foodstamps, welfare, public housing go to the 18-64 group who are not disabled, just simply are not working. We reward single moms with larger checks with each uninsured child she has.Those type free ride needs to end, limits on using the system should be put in place. And if you are being stolen from, blame the family raised on welfare getting checks every month for nothing when they are just as capable as the next guy to work. And who do you think the welfare class families over whelmingly voted for? Obama.
Jimmi

Cookeville, TN

#11 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> here you go.......... In Wisconsin, Obamacare to Increase Individual Insurance Premiums by 30%, Says Obama Adviser
With the Presidential election one week away, itís worth reviewing how Obamacare will impact the residents of key swing states. In Wisconsin, as elsewhere, Obamacare will drive up the cost of private health coverage, especially for those who buy insurance on their own. One of Obamaís key health-care advisers, Jonathan Gruber, found that by 2016, individual premiums in Wisconsin will increase by an average of 30 percent. In addition, Obamacare will deeply cut Medicare Advantage for more than 300,000 Wisconsin seniors enrolled in the program. Forbes
Maybe you don't have any experience with paying for healthcare insurance. Google the premium raises the insurance companies were raising to before this. Up to 50% a year. Cherry picking data as usual!
Jimmi

Cookeville, TN

#12 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> Jealous often? You can't provide the facts, you try to pick at the grammar? Really weak attempt to prove a point. Grow up and quit acting like little bitch. Excuse my language.
Jealous of what. Make sense, will you. And when have you ever provided JUST the facts?
Jimmi

Cookeville, TN

#13 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> Jealous often? You can't provide the facts, you try to pick at the grammar? Really weak attempt to prove a point. Grow up and quit acting like little bitch. Excuse my language.
And when your pressed for facts to back up your bs, you just move on. Too much bother for all that.
Little Bitch. Is that lawyer talk?
Trey

United States

#14 Dec 19, 2012
Jimmi wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you don't have any experience with paying for healthcare insurance. Google the premium raises the insurance companies were raising to before this. Up to 50% a year. Cherry picking data as usual!
50% a year? Not buying it. 10% maybe. Point is, this was suppose to lower premiums. All indications is that they will be higher. Were is the numbers to back up the 50% claim?
Jenni

United States

#15 Dec 19, 2012
Insurance should be run free market like cell phone plans. Why can't at&t charge 250.00 a month for 50 cell minutes? Because folkes would drop them and go with another service. When you leave one job to take another, do you have to drop your cell plan? Employer based insurance and state specific regulations are the problem. Open the market and let insurers compete is the solution, not Obama care. Tie insurance to the individual, not the employer and the goverment.
Jimmi

Cookeville, TN

#17 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
Insurance should be run free market like cell phone plans. Why can't at&t charge 250.00 a month for 50 cell minutes? Because folkes would drop them and go with another service. When you leave one job to take another, do you have to drop your cell plan? Employer based insurance and state specific regulations are the problem. Open the market and let insurers compete is the solution, not Obama care. Tie insurance to the individual, not the employer and the goverment.
Your economic theories don't jive with reality. As with your other theories. ACA is all about competition. Getting your "facts" from Fox news has let you down again.
Jimmi

Cookeville, TN

#18 Dec 19, 2012
Trey wrote:
<quoted text> 50% a year? Not buying it. 10% maybe. Point is, this was suppose to lower premiums. All indications is that they will be higher. Were is the numbers to back up the 50% claim?
Will admit 50% was incorrect, but still lower now than before ACA.
Jenni

United States

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Jimmi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your economic theories don't jive with reality. As with your other theories. ACA is all about competition. Getting your "facts" from Fox news has let you down again.
my facts after you say 50%? Always the last ditch effort for the left's to make a point is blamming W or Fox. Which I have clearly said I don't watch.
Just Saying

Cookeville, TN

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text>I am a advocate of bennifits for under 18 and 65+. Also for the disabled and the vets.
Define "vets." Are we taking about vets who are physically/mentally combat wounded, anybody who went to war, or anybody who is in the military regardless of whether or not they were ever deployed? Because if you're referring to the latter two then I, as an individual who served for 20 years, wholly disagree with you. The military can be a dirty and dangerous job, but it isn't consecrated, and most people who are a part of it are never in harm's way. To give such a blanket generalization of such a huge and diverse group is pretty ignorant.

Soldiers who are injured or killed in the line of duty absolutely deserve monetary compensation for themselves and their families. Soldiers who are deployed deserve conditional, merit-based compensation (ie: pay that can be revoked for poor behavior). PFC Joe Blow who signed a four year contract three weeks before high school graduation and didn't contribute a damn thing to America other than his crappy attitude, disrespect, and inability to follow the most basic of directions...not so much.
Jimmi

Cookeville, TN

#21 Dec 19, 2012
Jenni wrote:
<quoted text> my facts after you say 50%? Always the last ditch effort for the left's to make a point is blamming W or Fox. Which I have clearly said I don't watch.
Corrected. Did you correct your "facts" about the same subject. You will never make it as a lawyer. Try car sales. More suited to a liar like yourself. Certainly not my last ditch effort! In fact, it is usually the first.
Jenni

United States

#22 Dec 19, 2012
Jimmi wrote:
<quoted text>
Corrected. Did you correct your "facts" about the same subject. You will never make it as a lawyer. Try car sales. More suited to a liar like yourself. Certainly not my last ditch effort! In fact, it is usually the first.
what facts do you want correct? I am still picking up a hint of jealousy here. I am secure with my 3.7 and LSAT score of 171

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Garrison stylist? Is she any good? 6 hr Worshipher 5
News City manager interviews tomorrow, Wednesday 6 hr in the know 1
Demonic teaching at Freemason Lodge #226 in Coo... 7 hr Uncle Fester 4
What's with all the middle eastern people (Nov '14) 7 hr Wyatt Earp1958 30
Strange guy who doesn't wear shoes 7 hr Not Hateful 28
Will Bruce Jenner now be allowed to use the wom... 8 hr Liberal 19
People used to call soldiers & firefighters HER... 10 hr sheesh 2
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]