State briefs: 'In God We Trust' may be on Anderson County Courthouse; ...

Feb 17, 2013 Full story: The Jackson Sun 86

According to The Oak Ridger, County Mayor Terry Frank will take the issue before the Anderson County Commission on Tuesday at its meeting in Clinton.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Simple Man

Knoxville, TN

#1 Feb 18, 2013
This is great to hear. I am sure some people will have a problem with this. But it is printed on our money. Of it bothers you that bad I will be glad to take your money off your hands.
Simple Man

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
....I've told u niccuz countless times befo - there is no god..........
......u gots to rely on yoseffs, not nobody else.....
If you don't like it then get out. Nobody is asking you to stay.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
....I've told u niccuz countless times befo - there is no god..........
......u gots to rely on yoseffs, not nobody else.....
Who do you think believe you pinochle. People in every race since the beginning of time believe in a god or gods.
Da light burned out

United States

#5 Feb 19, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>Who do you think believe you pinochle. People in every race since the beginning of time believe in a god or gods.
It is PINOCCHIO you DUMBASS!!! Pinochle is a CARD GAME!
the light has come

Danville, IL

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Da light burned out wrote:
<quoted text> It is PINOCCHIO you DUMBASS!!! Pinochle is a CARD GAME!
You are right. But where is your comment on the thread. Do you have anything better to contribute besides call me names.
Carrie Geren Scoggins

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Feb 19, 2013
[Keeping this conversation on an adult level, ahem...] THERE IS NO FREEDOM FROM RELIGION: Our founding fathers wanted us to have the same freedoms that they practiced, such as quoting straight from the Bible in their hand, in sessions making our laws, over 15,000 reported times, and they were standing on government lands doing so! They opened and closed every session with prayers to God, and they were on government land as they prayed aloud! THIS IS NOT A FREEDOM FROM RELIGION! THERE IS NO FREEDOM FROM RELIGION, AND IF ANYONE IS OFFENDED, THEN TOLERANCE IS EXPECTED!
OverLord

Clinton, TN

#8 Feb 19, 2013
Religion is dying all over the world with each succeeding generation. Good riddance. Fu<k Jesus, fu<k Allah, fu<k Buddha, fu<k Zeus, fu<k religion, and fu<k you.
Simple Man

Duluth, GA

#9 Feb 20, 2013
OverLord wrote:
Religion is dying all over the world with each succeeding generation. Good riddance. Fu<k Jesus, fu<k Allah, fu<k Buddha, fu<k Zeus, fu<k religion, and fu<k you.
Very mature and classy.
someone

Cookeville, TN

#10 Feb 20, 2013
Simple Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like it then get out. Nobody is asking you to stay.
That's always been a shitty response to anything. You're not the only person who lives in this country. Forcing others to put up with your religion is unconstitutional. Some Christians don't believe in writing out God's name. What about them? What about the people who don't think wasting thousands of tax dollars deciding on and implementing this was a wise decision?

So no, I won't get out. I like this country. You can leave.
someone

Cookeville, TN

#11 Feb 20, 2013
Carrie Geren Scoggins wrote:
[Keeping this conversation on an adult level, ahem...] THERE IS NO FREEDOM FROM RELIGION: Our founding fathers wanted us to have the same freedoms that they practiced, such as quoting straight from the Bible in their hand, in sessions making our laws, over 15,000 reported times, and they were standing on government lands doing so! They opened and closed every session with prayers to God, and they were on government land as they prayed aloud! THIS IS NOT A FREEDOM FROM RELIGION! THERE IS NO FREEDOM FROM RELIGION, AND IF ANYONE IS OFFENDED, THEN TOLERANCE IS EXPECTED!
That is the most left field, ridiculous interpretation of the first amendment I have ever heard in my life. Good thing you don't work in politics, huh?
Simple Man

Duluth, GA

#12 Feb 20, 2013
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
That's always been a shitty response to anything. You're not the only person who lives in this country. Forcing others to put up with your religion is unconstitutional. Some Christians don't believe in writing out God's name. What about them? What about the people who don't think wasting thousands of tax dollars deciding on and implementing this was a wise decision?
So no, I won't get out. I like this country. You can leave.
That shows how much you know. It was private donations that paid for it my friend. Not your precious tax dollars.
OverLord

Clinton, TN

#13 Feb 20, 2013
Simple Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Very mature and classy.
Thanks man! Fu<k God and fu<k you.
OverLord

Mckinney, TX

#14 Feb 20, 2013
I have decided to read my Bible tonight.
Gail

Sterling Heights, MI

#15 Feb 21, 2013
I urge every Christian to blow the dust off their Bible and read it thoroughly. You'll wonder how any moral person could remain in that faith after reading the Bible. God of the OT is portrayed as a sadistic nutcase and Jesus of the NT ain't much better. Read that Bible - filled with nonsense, contradictions, and God-approved immoral acts - and you'll see why having a "In God We Trust" sign in the courthouse is offensive. Compassionate people don't find God worthy of worship.
Simple Man

Duluth, GA

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Gail wrote:
I urge every Christian to blow the dust off their Bible and read it thoroughly. You'll wonder how any moral person could remain in that faith after reading the Bible. God of the OT is portrayed as a sadistic nutcase and Jesus of the NT ain't much better. Read that Bible - filled with nonsense, contradictions, and God-approved immoral acts - and you'll see why having a "In God We Trust" sign in the courthouse is offensive. Compassionate people don't find God worthy of worship.
You better hope you are right. Doesn't look like Christians have anything to lose now do that. Of you ate right then all of us will just die and go away. If you are wrong and you don't accept Jesus Christ into your heart then you will go to hell when you die. Had nothing to do with hanging a sign outside the courthouse. Besides it paid by private funds.
what

Cookeville, TN

#17 Feb 21, 2013
Simple Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You better hope you are right. Doesn't look like Christians have anything to lose now do that. Of you ate right then all of us will just die and go away. If you are wrong and you don't accept Jesus Christ into your heart then you will go to hell when you die. Had nothing to do with hanging a sign outside the courthouse. Besides it paid by private funds.
That's the same thing people from all other religions say. If you don't believe, something horrible will happen to you.

So who's right? Hinduism has been around a hell of a lot longer than Christianity or its Judaism parent faith. You're telling me that God just hung out for a couple thousand years and let people go to hell without showing anybody "the light?"
Just Saying

Cookeville, TN

#18 Feb 21, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the same thing people from all other religions say. If you don't believe, something horrible will happen to you.

So who's right? Hinduism has been around a hell of a lot longer than Christianity or its Judaism parent faith. You're telling me that God just hung out for a couple thousand years and let people go to hell without showing anybody "the light?"
Don't bother trying to have a rational discussion. He'll just try to nullify your argument with his young earth theories. Simple man is simple minded.
OverLord

Clinton, TN

#19 Feb 21, 2013
All religion is SH!T. Read up on any of it and see if it can stand the same scrutiny with which you would read news article. None of it can because it's all about primitive tribal feuds and Harry Potter style magic. Read up on the history of any religion, and it's painfully obvious that it was made up by men in power who changed it as needed to manipulate the masses. Anybody who takes religion seriously in the modern world is willfully ignorant and not interested in truth or reality.
Simple Man

Duluth, GA

#20 Feb 22, 2013
OverLord wrote:
All religion is SH!T. Read up on any of it and see if it can stand the same scrutiny with which you would read news article. None of it can because it's all about primitive tribal feuds and Harry Potter style magic. Read up on the history of any religion, and it's painfully obvious that it was made up by men in power who changed it as needed to manipulate the masses. Anybody who takes religion seriously in the modern world is willfully ignorant and not interested in truth or reality.
Well sorry you feel that way. It appears that most people reading this thread feel the same way you do. However, it does look like you are going to see "In God we trust" on the courthouse now. Looks like somebody is ok with it. I know that makes all of you mad an scream "WE ARE NOT A THEOCRACY". Just as you Athiest or whatever you call yourself has tolerated Christians we have had to tolerate your insults over this website. This is the only way you can get your point across because you are not brave enough to stand in public and proclaim that "you believe in NOTHING". That evolution happened and all these things started falling in place all the sudden. The creation of man, woman, bearing children, the functions of our brain and body parts was not thought up by something or someone. That's not even the beginning. Look around you! Your belief in creation is a "Harry Potter" story to but it just happened all of the sudden without influence from any creator. I guess this computer in my hand magically appeared one day, The car I drive, the clothes I wear. All of these things landed in my lap. NO! They all had a creator or inventor. Yet the most amazing invention ever created(man and woman) with a brain that can store thousands and thousands of information and for a woman their bodies can bear children. You think something that amazing just formed on its own? I don't believe it. THAT is the most foolish thing I have ever heard.
someone

Cookeville, TN

#21 Feb 22, 2013
Simple Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief in creation is a "Harry Potter" story to but it just happened all of the sudden without influence from any creator.
It didn't happen all of a sudden. It happened through millions of years of evolutionary trial and error. You have the remnants of a third eyelid to prove it so shut up and open and science book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
legal system 3 min DeDominicis 10
girl at gas station (Jul '13) 6 min DeDominicis 12
An Open Letter To The Thieves Who Took Our Stuf... 8 min DeDominicis 4
Hot guy. Yellow Harley. Hangs at Hooligans 20 min Alexia 5
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 26 min Julia 150,087
11 Million Illegal Immigrants Get To Stay (Jul '13) 27 min DeDominicis 29
Harassment At Dogwood Park....Again. 1 hr DeDominicis 5
•••
•••
Cookeville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cookeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cookeville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••