Nashville State Community College

Nashville State Community College

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

guess who

Nashville, TN

#1 Jan 28, 2010
i have thought about going here. Is it a good school? please give your thoughts/comments
NOOO

Cookeville, TN

#2 Mar 28, 2011
I hope I'm not too late. This school has caused me nothing but stress. I am supposed to graduate this semester and I have a 3.9 GPA. They are making it impossible for me to do so. The faculty and staff are lazy and just plain mean. I have had to call the main campus multiple times to get any answers to my questions. Cookeville campus refuses to answer phone calls. They go straight to voicemail and you never get a call returned. In order to get anything done for your financial aid you must be prepared to spend at least 2 hours waiting to be seen even if there are only 3 to 4 people in front of you. When you schedule a test in the testing center they either do not record your appointment or don't show up (especially early hours) to let you take your test. I would recommend to you not to attend Nashville State. I personally regret ever setting foot in that building. I should have just went to Tech. I guess you get what you pay for though. I have learned that when an education is concerned, you must pay the extra money and go to a decent school. I believe the amount I learned here is equivalent to a high school education. You might have even learned more in high school. This is just my personal opinion based on the experiences I have had to endure at this institution, but I doubt any other former students' will be much different.
student

Cookeville, TN

#3 Mar 28, 2011
Have you thought about the Vol State campus in Livingston? I went there right out of high school from Baxter. Loved it, they are very helpful and super nice. All the teachers are very helpful as well.
no to nscc

Cookeville, TN

#4 Mar 28, 2011
student wrote:
Have you thought about the Vol State campus in Livingston? I went there right out of high school from Baxter. Loved it, they are very helpful and super nice. All the teachers are very helpful as well.
I started at tech and took some extra classes at nscc and it blows! Volstate is much better that is where I now attend
truth

Nebo, NC

#5 Mar 28, 2011
Nashville state isn't as bad as you guys are saying. I go there now and have for the past year. You just have to stay on too of your things there. And with the aid stuff. The only time I've ever had to wait was once. If you stay on top of it you don't have to worry about waiting in line. That's from experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who are the public safety leaders? 1 hr Guest 2
Jerry meadows dead 1 hr Guest 10
Poor Bubba aint well 2 hr Bubbas Moma 1
Ralph's Closing? 2 hr Accord 28
The guy that wears blankets around him? 2 hr Manster 3
News List ranks top 10 cities in Tennessee for singles 3 hr oledaddy 12
Laura Ingraham vs Lebron James 3 hr Nobama 3
All Hell has broke loose in Sparta 13 hr Maggie 108

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web