Monterey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

Anyone used Dr. Paige Gernt as their OB? If so, what was your experience like with her? I am pregnant with my first child and have my first appointment with her in a couple of weeks. I know she is in the same office with Dr. Pippin who I have heard mixed reviews on. Anyone know what they do on the first visit? How early does their office do heart rate checks and ultrasounds?
Facts

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

Dr. Pippin was my doctor but Dr. Gernt delivered my son. They are both awesome and very caring.
JTR

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Judged:

Dr. Gernt is the best in my opinion! She is so sweet and somehow manages to make a very awkward situation as comfortable as possible. I had been to my old OB 3 times to try to figure out a problem I was having and she kept telling me I was fine nothing was wrong, etc. but I know my body and I knew something wasn't right. Finally, my family doctor recommended I try Dr. Gernt & my first visit she sat and talked with me for probably 20 minutes before even examining me (which was amazing considering my old OB didn't spend that much time with me all 3 visits combined) and she figured out I had cysts on my ovaries in 1 visit and haven't had problems since. I will never switch OB's as long as she is still available! Dr. Pippin doesn't have the best bedside manner but he is definitely the OB you want if you have a problematic pregnany - even heard 2 other OB's in Cookeville not even in that practice say that. Good luck & I think you'll really love Dr. Gernt!
Happyone

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Dr.Ferny is a very caring lady. I seen her back in June for the first time. Well she told me I had to have surgery the next day, and I had never had surgery before in my life. She was something, she let me know I would be okay with her. Every one at the hospital told me she is the best there is. I do believe she is. Soyou have a very good Drocter with her. Wish you the best with your new baby.
yup yup

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Judged:

Dr Gernt is my doctor, and I wouldn't have anyone else!
She took amazing care of me while I was pregnant and after.
I recommend her to everyone!
Agree

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Dr. Pham is the other female physician in the same office and she helped me with my first as well and was wonderful!
CallItAsISeeIt

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Dr. Pippin is NOT a physician that I liked at all. He delivered a relatives baby and the experience was horrible. There were no complications, but he refused to allow the parents to video or take photographs of their childs delivery! Unbelievable!!... Not to mention that it really make all of us wonder even more about him.
His bedside manner was horrific and the entire family was pretty mortified about his very arrogant, rude and controlling behaviors. The parents are who we felt the worst for however. The beautiful and positive birth experience that they had planned for was simply ruined by this guy.

Dr. Paige Gernt is a different story. I've not heard a single "ill" word about her. In fact, and as you see here, she seems to be well liked.:)
mommaof2

Shelbyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Dr Pippin is great, just very blunt and matter of fact which was fine with me. Most doctors will not let you video/take pics any more for insurance/fear of law suit (you can thank people who have used videos/cameras in bogus malpractice suits for that---i dont think Pippin has had.one though). Dr. Gernt would be a great choice, she a great doctor and very respectful. She wants to help people!
hadahighriskpreg nancy

Fairview, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

p Doctor was dr. Pham. She took wonderful care of me and is great! Dr. Gernt is amazing too! Dr. Pippin on the other hand I wouldn't go to if I was in active labor, I guess I'd find a different hospital. He's rude and has no bedside manner. Not impressed with him at all. Dr. Cole who is new there didn't impress me either but I had an extremely high risk pregnancy and he just didn't know how to take care of me when he was the on call doc. But Dr pham and Dr gernt are both outstanding doctors who care about their patients so much!
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

hadahighriskpregnancy wrote:
p Doctor was dr. Pham. She took wonderful care of me and is great! Dr. Gernt is amazing too! Dr. Pippin on the other hand I wouldn't go to if I was in active labor, I guess I'd find a different hospital. He's rude and has no bedside manner. Not impressed with him at all. Dr. Cole who is new there didn't impress me either but I had an extremely high risk pregnancy and he just didn't know how to take care of me when he was the on call doc. But Dr pham and Dr gernt are both outstanding doctors who care about their patients so much!
. How would you possibly know if any of these doctors are managing your care adequately? Are you a doctor? If not how would you have any clue?lol
hungry

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

great
lisa

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Dr Pippin was amazing and very caring with the delivery of my son. Dr gernt is amazing as well .. i was very thankful for Dr Pippin and gernt . I had a hard time with my blood pressure and they both took good care of me. They both excellent bed side manners.. If I decide to have another baby Dr Pippin or Dr gernt will be my Dr again !!.
Not a woman

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

So I don't think I'll be seeing either of these two docs.

But whatever.
dr casol

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Dr casol at infinity birthing is amazing an so is all his midwives. They were all so polite an so open to listen
flossy24

Nebo, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

The reason dr pippin wouldnt allow pics or videos is because Its against the company over the hospital it has nothing to do with him. he has to go by the rules just like everyone else. In healthcare theres a thing callee hippa and there very strict about it.
noone

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

whatever u do dont see dr. cole!!! i was 16 weeks and he checked my cervix and broke my water, i ended up having a miscarriage...
loco

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

noone wrote:
whatever u do dont see dr. cole!!! i was 16 weeks and he checked my cervix and broke my water, i ended up having a miscarriage...
I would have been wondering why he was checking to see how far I dilated at 16 weeks? Maybe you were farther than you thought because your sac wouldn't been bulging... That's usually at 39 weeks.
loco

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

well I don't know your situation I'm not a doctor... Just wow he seems ridiculous.
Disappointed

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Judged:

The nurses there are very unfriendly and caddy. Not a good experience.
hadahighriskpregnancy wrote:
number1drcolehat er

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

loco wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have been wondering why he was checking to see how far I dilated at 16 weeks? Maybe you were farther than you thought because your sac wouldn't been bulging... That's usually at 39 weeks.
... becauses dr is freakin stupid im in touch with a lawye to sue his dumb ass i strongly recommened do not see cole i agree he is crap no go.... dr gernt was great no issuse with first two boys big problems with cole

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min TN Voter 141,693
people screwed by compugeeks of Sparta tn (Jun '11) 29 min jeff sparks 80
Shutdown UCDD and UCHRA 35 min Non-profit reality check 41
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 8,985
More bad news for the South 2 hr Yup 1
Soon to be Sheriff Farris 4 hr Casper 51
Dumb and "Dummer" (Apr '10) 4 hr garyn 3
•••
•••
•••
Cookeville Dating

more search filters

less search filters