Since: Jun 13

Hohenwald, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

we are new to Cookeville, and I'm wondering if there is a central resource to find out when community events are going on? Seems like I'm always reading about it on the Hearld website after the fact. If anyone has any suggestions on churches, hair salons, family events, etc., feel free to post. We have a house full of kids and we are trying to get connected. thanks!
city limits

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Not sure when but they are haven a zombie dog walk soon. I'm sure you can look it up. Also in october we have a zombie walk. And dogwood park has a huge foutin that people take there familys to to cool of and play. We always hays several events for fourth of july. Algood trenity throws a big family carnival and the firwork show every year. Try getting a peddler news paper also. Sometimes you can find lots. Also in the fall try amazing acres. Its a corn maze and hay ride. Pumkin patch. Good luck and welcome.
Zombie

Fillmore, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

What is it with the Zombie crap? Why is everything zombie?
hmmm

Cowpens, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

They post it in the Herald before the event. Maybe you should start getting a paper, even just a Monday paper, it should have the events going on for the week. The library has fun events for the kids, maybe you should call them. There isn't a whole lot to do around here. Good Luck and welcome to Cookeville.
city limits

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Zombie wrote:
What is it with the Zombie crap? Why is everything zombie?
Some people enjoy that stuff. Just because you don't doesn't make it wrong.. lighten up.
Yes

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

This is a link to the local radio stations page.
http://wkxd-fm.tritondigitalmedia.com/common/...

The chamber also has an events page.
http://www.cookevillechamber.com/chamber/even...

Since: Jun 13

Hohenwald, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

thanks ya'll!! I usually just check the Herald website, so I may start making a point to pick up the paper. I appreciate it :)
Insidious1

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Hey city limits, I think they teach grammar classes at Tech also. You have at least 7 or 8 misspelled words or grammatical errors. We don't want to make a poor impression on our newcomers.
Insidious1

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

http://www.cookeville-tn.org/ls/ This is a link to the Department of Leisure Services. It has a calendar of events sponsored by the city as well as other additional information.
Cynical Dude

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

jbunnell wrote:
thanks ya'll!! I usually just check the Herald website, so I may start making a point to pick up the paper. I appreciate it :)
Also, you need to peruse www.putnampit.com

It will give you a heads-up on the local corruption in our public officials' offices. Now granted, lots of the folks are long gone (Abston, Coomer, Gibson, etc.), but new ones have taken their places.

Always lots of excitement going on. Every so often a school board member gets caught using a county backhoe to dig his swimming pool out back (oops) and things like that.

Welcome to the armpit of the Upper Cumberland!
city limits

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Insidious1 wrote:
Hey city limits, I think they teach grammar classes at Tech also. You have at least 7 or 8 misspelled words or grammatical errors. We don't want to make a poor impression on our newcomers.
I wasn't aware that I was being graded. Excuse me oh mighty one. Get a life and stop worrying about other people's grammar. I could care less what your opinion is.
Insidious1

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Really? So if you care so little, why respond to my critique?
Cynical Dude

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Insidious1 wrote:
Really? So if you care so little, why respond to my critique?
Furthermore, what she meant to say was she "couldn't care less." If she "could care less," as she wrote, that means she cares somewhat, the opposite of what she meant to say.

It always chaps uneducated people's rear ends when someone takes note of their ignorance. The folks at Trinity Assembly will sure be surprised to learn that they need to buy new signs to correct the name of their church!

"Trenity?" What a dummy. And what is a "foutin?" And "firworks?" What are they, pieces of furniture made from fir trees?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min WTSenior 144,875
Austin Clay Spencer 3 hr what 4
Current Cookeville Police Officers... (Sep '11) 3 hr Dazed 131
Hamby 3 hr Just saying 1
mushrooms 3 hr Just saying 4
heyy 4 hr Clevan11 2
Anyone going to imagine? 4 hr Clevan11 1
Wendy Askins (Oct '13) 5 hr Boobless 161
Sheriff Farris....One time Sheriff? 9 hr Guess Im blind 8

Search the Cookeville Forum:
•••
•••
•••