First Prev
of 6
Next Last
looking for photographers

Morrison, TN

#1 Aug 2, 2011
I need someone who is young and has a "fresh" eye that I can use for modeling pictures! Any suggestions for good photographers?
haha

United States

#2 Aug 3, 2011
Chuck Dailey is a very good one. He's not young but good at what he does
person

Cookeville, TN

#3 Aug 3, 2011
Amy Callahan. Probably the best in town.
A

Monterey, TN

#4 Aug 3, 2011
Jessie holloway.. Hands down
Amanda Hunter Photography

Cookeville, TN

#5 Aug 3, 2011
I am a photographer here in Cookeville. If you would like to see some of my work, you can visit my website at www.amandahunterphotography.com and you will also find prices there as well.:) Have a great day!{Amanda}
Just Saying

Cookeville, TN

#6 Aug 3, 2011
Your pictures look like they were taken with a mediocre entry-level/budget DSLR. They have almost NO bokeh whatsoever and it looks really bad.

Cookeville, TN

#7 Aug 3, 2011
I am sorry that you feel that way, but I have never had a complaint before. And you may be use to seeing photos that have been completely over-processed with photoshop, which I DO NOT do. I am very proud of my work, and love the people I meet through my photography business. Sorry it isn't up to your photoshop standards, but my clients are always happy.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Bokeh doesn't require photoshop. It requires a decent lens and an operator who knows what they're doing.

Since: May 11

Cookeville, TN

#9 Aug 3, 2011
Just Saying

Cookeville, TN

#10 Aug 3, 2011
Amanda Hunter Photography wrote:
I am sorry that you feel that way, but I have never had a complaint before. And you may be use to seeing photos that have been completely over-processed with photoshop, which I DO NOT do. I am very proud of my work, and love the people I meet through my photography business. Sorry it isn't up to your photoshop standards, but my clients are always happy.
You're a "photographer" and you don't even know what bokeh is? That's cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

Headdesk.

Cookeville, TN

#11 Aug 3, 2011
Bokeh is also a preference. I choose not to have all of my photographs half blurred out. Some of my photographs are focused in areas that I choose, but not using photoshop. And my camera is not an entry level DLSR.

Cookeville, TN

#12 Aug 3, 2011
Amanda,

I have never heard of you before but I just looked at your website and I love the fact that the pictures are just natural! It looks like there is a little touch up but nothing over the top!

I am a wedding planner here in town and I would love to know more about your business.

My website is www.aperfectweddingday.net - please e-mail me at aperfectweddingday@gmail.com

Cookeville, TN

#14 Aug 3, 2011
Thank you! Yes, I ONLY use photo editing software for touch-ups.(i.e blemishes, a bug in front of the client, a stray hair, and so on) I always keep my photos simple and stylish. Nothing over the top. I will definantly email you later this evening, and if you need me at all, my personal email is achunter84@yahoo.com Thank you again, and talk to you soon!{Amanda}

Cookeville, TN

#15 Aug 3, 2011
Are you a photographer with the skills to have a business? No? Than leave her alone!

I don't understand why people come on this website just to shoot other people down. Do you have no life and need something to fill the hours in your day?

There are legitimate companies on here who just want to answer questions for people.

I happen to like Amanda's pictures! I deal with a lot of photographers in my business and people like different things - just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else won't.

So back off!
Person

Cookeville, TN

#16 Aug 3, 2011
Those photographs are fine for everyday pictures, but they don't look professional. It does look like a cheaper camera, and I am an untrained eye.

Guess anyone can pick up a camera and think they are a pro these days
randy savage

Cookeville, TN

#17 Aug 3, 2011
the most unhappy and unpleasant people on earth post here. Has anyone every posted a business on here of any kind and been complimented?
Photos

Cookeville, TN

#18 Aug 3, 2011
A Perfect Wedding Day wrote:
Are you a photographer with the skills to have a business? No? Than leave her alone!
I don't understand why people come on this website just to shoot other people down. Do you have no life and need something to fill the hours in your day?
There are legitimate companies on here who just want to answer questions for people.
I happen to like Amanda's pictures! I deal with a lot of photographers in my business and people like different things - just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else won't.
So back off!
I am retired but my works were published with the National Geographic during the 80's and 90's. Hate to burst your bubble but someone who can't handle criticism can't handle the industry. To be honest, the comments left here sound like the words of angels compared to the scrutiny I've received from review panels. But you know what? Instead of getting defensive about it and resorting to telling people that they had a fetish for photoshop (didn't exist in 85 but still), I used it to better myself like any rational person would. These people make good points. Listen to them and you might actually start receiving some praise for your work.

Cookeville, TN

#19 Aug 3, 2011
I do not mind criticism at all. If anything, it helps make me a better photographer, and a better person. I appreciate all of the kind words, and the not so kind. I love photography. It's my passion. It is an artform, and to quote Ansel Adams "There are always 2 people in every photograph; the photographer, and the viewer" Criticism is welcome anytime with me. And again, thank you all.
Person

Cookeville, TN

#20 Aug 3, 2011
Amanda Hunter Photography wrote:
I do not mind criticism at all. If anything, it helps make me a better photographer, and a better person. I appreciate all of the kind words, and the not so kind. I love photography. It's my passion. It is an artform, and to quote Ansel Adams "There are always 2 people in every photograph; the photographer, and the viewer" Criticism is welcome anytime with me. And again, thank you all.
Well the least I can say is you can definitely take criticism very well, and I really admire you for that. Don't ever stop following your passion
Person

Cookeville, TN

#21 Aug 3, 2011
(off topic but "person" who posted at the top isn't me, sorry didn't mean to steal your handle lol!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min WTSenior 150,483
Harassment At Dogwood Park....Again. 2 hr Tijuana 14
Hot guy. Yellow Harley. Hangs at Hooligans 2 hr Tijuana 17
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr Ben Fong 9,449
Wine, liquor on November ballot 7 hr Church Lady 25
CHS Football 9 hr GO CAVS 14
Massage 9 hr Out of Town 3
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE