Places that are hiring in the Cookev...

Places that are hiring in the Cookeville area?

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

needsajob

Cookeville, TN

#1 Apr 2, 2011
Anyone know of anywhere that is hiring part time and gives the worker a decent amount of hours?
Dan

Baxter, TN

#2 Apr 3, 2011
There is a place called JBEEZ Watercraft outside of Cookeville. They rent jetskies and canoes I think as well.
GOODTOBEME

Demorest, GA

#3 Apr 3, 2011
Lowes in Cookeville is/
YaGottaBKiddin

Cookeville, TN

#4 Apr 3, 2011
plenty of places, it's the getting hired part thats the problem....
America ROX

Cookeville, TN

#5 Apr 5, 2011
Try the temp services as well...I hate the thought of going through them ..... but it is becoming a valid way to get hired on.
Not knowing your history, I am only suggesting entry level but there are opening for already trained people at a few places too. All the fast food places are an option, Wal mart & Kmart have signs up as well. I saw a help wanted sign at Auto zone & Ace hardware within the last month... but I don't know if those ae still available. Spring is coming so Chuck Johnsons might be an option, as is the Co-op & Putnam Farm supply(if you don't mind getting dirty).
truth

United States

#6 Apr 5, 2011
I've called all the garden places they are all full staffed already.
Meee

Mcminnville, TN

#7 Apr 5, 2011
It's pathetic how you've got to have 24 - 36 months experience for something as low on the totem pole as factory work. How the heck are you supposed to get experience in the first place if everyone in town requires it?
Been there

Manchester, TN

#8 Apr 6, 2011
Independent opportunities
honestly

Lebanon, TN

#9 Apr 6, 2011
Lowe's is currently hiring, but you have to have open availability to get hired.
Beer drinker

Cookeville, TN

#10 Apr 8, 2011
McDonalds is having a national hiring day this month...maybe the 16th.
same old song

Cookeville, TN

#11 Apr 12, 2011
Songbird trucking needs drivers

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#12 Apr 12, 2011
needsajob wrote:
Anyone know of anywhere that is hiring part time and gives the worker a decent amount of hours?
I'm not really sure about anyplace ,but to clarify what it is your looking for .Part time work cannot exceed 32 hrs in a work week, and more times than none they do not come with benefits..i would suggest construction work if there would be any available in the area. given that alot of that is based on the weather conditions you may work alot one week and not so much another ,but the pay is good. If your not going to get benefits out of the job you might as well make some $ at it.
not true

Cookeville, TN

#13 Apr 13, 2011
tell me where u can make good money at construction 8 bucks an hour tops and u will work your booty off
tired of it

Sandy, TX

#14 Apr 13, 2011
anybody know anything bout FixtureWorld? in cookeville
truth be told

United States

#15 Apr 13, 2011
not true wrote:
tell me where u can make good money at construction 8 bucks an hour tops and u will work your booty off
Your not telling the truth. I work construction and make 14.75 an hour

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#16 Apr 14, 2011
not true wrote:
well ......It is construction work and you have to start somewhere,but you may start at 8 or 9 an hour and if the boss see's your a dependable worker or semi skilled you may be makeing up to 10-11 the next week after you show you can handle the work. It just all really depends..just tryin to help ..it is possible tho..
lol

Cookeville, TN

#17 Apr 14, 2011
You don't get a raise each week..lol Finem, you're serious?

You will start out as a Laborer @$7.25, and can get raises up to $9/Hr (in a few months, not each week..lol) and if you move up to a position that pays more than "laborer" then you are up for a raise.. Not just because you "proved yourself". If you can't "prove yourself", then expect to be let go. They need good workers and won't settle for less.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baxter Water Department 2 hr BSBuster 20
Who raped Katherine bell junior year? 3 hr Disgusted 2
Corruption at Tech 4 hr Educated Atheist 19
eviction! 5 hr Rubber duck 2
7 days consecutive work? Isn't that illegal? (Apr '11) 7 hr Hate my life 617
naynoo (Nov '15) 8 hr smh 10
joe neely _darby diel is working for chase math... 14 hr FedUp 15

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance