Man arrested for 7th offense DUI

Man arrested for 7th offense DUI

There are 82 comments on the Herald-Citizen story from Feb 19, 2013, titled Man arrested for 7th offense DUI. In it, Herald-Citizen reports that:

AJamestown man who was driving on S. Jefferson Avenue here just after midnight Friday was stopped and arrested for 7th offense drunk driving, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Citizen.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
justmaybe

Cookeville, TN

#1 Feb 21, 2013
I can't believe that the system is so screwed up that this man was able to get 7 DUI! He should never have been out on the streets after the first couple!!
Hogeye

Crossville, TN

#2 Feb 21, 2013
Maybe so but this record goes back to 1994 not hardly fair everything on your driving record comes off after 4 years BUT DUI
wonder why

Cookeville, TN

#3 Feb 21, 2013
I am amazed at our justice system letting someone like this stay out of jail to potentially hurt or kill someone while they are driving drunk!
COYOTE

Cookeville, TN

#4 Feb 21, 2013
wonder why wrote:
I am amazed at our justice system letting someone like this stay out of jail to potentially hurt or kill someone while they are driving drunk!
They dont care all the court wants is Their Money.
someone

Cookeville, TN

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Hogeye wrote:
Maybe so but this record goes back to 1994 not hardly fair everything on your driving record comes off after 4 years BUT DUI
It's entirely fair. Stealing a candy bar when you were 19 isn't a public safety risk.
Hogeye

Hickory, NC

#6 Feb 22, 2013
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
It's entirely fair. Stealing a candy bar when you were 19 isn't a public safety risk.
Stealing a candy bar does not have a damn thing to do with your DMV
whatever

Cookeville, TN

#7 Feb 23, 2013
Stealing a candy bar will not kill my loved ones if you eat it while driving. DUI should never come off of your record. If you don't like that, then don't do it. Why do people get so bent out of shape over that not coming off the record? I guess so that they can have another one or two every few years and get away with it. I for one, am sick and tired of people getting a slap on the wrist for breaking the law!!!!
awful

Cookeville, TN

#9 Feb 26, 2013
This is awful! I can't believe that this man was out on the streets after having 6 DUI's and was able to get a 7th!!
Jethro

Knoxville, TN

#10 Feb 26, 2013
It was Christopher L. Crockett, 41, of Bowden Lane, Jamestown.

Maybe Chris should think about paying someone to drive him.
Brain

Crossville, TN

#11 Feb 26, 2013
Hogeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Stealing a candy bar does not have a damn thing to do with your DMV
Not wearing a seat belt isn't a public safety risk, either dumbass.
Brain

Crossville, TN

#12 Feb 26, 2013
whatever wrote:
Stealing a candy bar will not kill my loved ones if you eat it while driving. DUI should never come off of your record. If you don't like that, then don't do it. Why do people get so bent out of shape over that not coming off the record? I guess so that they can have another one or two every few years and get away with it. I for one, am sick and tired of people getting a slap on the wrist for breaking the law!!!!
Because they're guilty of it.

I've been drunk enough times to know that you're either responsible or you aren't. Drinking doesn't change who you are, it simply reduces your inhibitions. That's why some people end up sleeping with everybody when they're drunk. Beer doesn't magically turn people into sluts. They liked the idea of being promiscuous to begin with but have the self-restraint to not engage in that behavior when sober.

There's no sitting back and thinking to yourself that something might be a bad idea when you're under the influence if it isn't already instilled in your mind to begin with. If you've driven drunk once, you're GOING to do it again.
pizza face

Crossville, TN

#13 Feb 26, 2013
Brain wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they're guilty of it.
I've been drunk enough times to know that you're either responsible or you aren't. Drinking doesn't change who you are, it simply reduces your inhibitions. That's why some people end up sleeping with everybody when they're drunk. Beer doesn't magically turn people into sluts. They liked the idea of being promiscuous to begin with but have the self-restraint to not engage in that behavior when sober.
There's no sitting back and thinking to yourself that something might be a bad idea when you're under the influence if it isn't already instilled in your mind to begin with. If you've driven drunk once, you're GOING to do it again.
best thing i've read all week. to the idiots who have their panties in a wad because DUIs don't come off your record, it's because you don't have the capacity to learn from it. if you do certain things when drunk, you're always going to do those things unless you have a major change in character. we all know people that we hate drinking with because they always start a fight or always get depressed and start crying or some other shit that nobody wants to deal with.
Yepp

Cookeville, TN

#14 Feb 26, 2013
Its a shame that this has been allowed to happen so many times.
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#15 Feb 27, 2013
Yepp wrote:
Its a shame that this has been allowed to happen so many times.
It's called mommy and daddy taking care of it [courts, DA etc] for him, plain and simple.
Stupid

Livingston, TN

#16 Feb 27, 2013
Frank used to keep them off the record for a select few,I have a cousin with about 7,3 are only on record thanks to the captain.I'd say mom and dad talked to frank.
I wonder

Cookeville, TN

#17 Feb 27, 2013
I wonder what Cookeville will do to him. Will they let him get away with it just like everyone else has, or will they actually do something to him this time. I hope for our safety that they get him off of the streets!!!
Joker

Gainesboro, TN

#18 Feb 27, 2013
I wonder wrote:
I wonder what Cookeville will do to him. Will they let him get away with it just like everyone else has, or will they actually do something to him this time. I hope for our safety that they get him off of the streets!!!
Depends on how much money mommy and daddy still have.
feel sorry

Cookeville, TN

#19 Feb 28, 2013
I feel sorry for his family for having to go through this so many times with him.
Stupid

Livingston, TN

#20 Mar 1, 2013
feel sorry wrote:
I feel sorry for his family for having to go through this so many times with him.
It's called tough love let him pay his own fines,serve his full time, let him sit with nothing to do like most without a license.If you don't face the punishment you wont feel bad about what you've done.
Yepp

Cookeville, TN

#21 Mar 1, 2013
I agree "stupid" but he has kids that shouldn't have to have tough love. They shouldn't have had to deal with this over and over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
haunting in algood (Sep '09) 1 hr Cvegas 65
Maddies 2 hr Joe Amiss 10
Is Spankies a good place to work? 4 hr NewHere 1
Putnam co graduates class of 1981... 4 hr Drives From Cooke... 9
Cummins is doomed 6 hr Inthere 2
Women with 70's bush, give it a SHAVE 14 hr nutzaplente 4
Infinity Birthing Center 16 hr Lupe 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages