Black Officer With Cookeville Police ...

Black Officer With Cookeville Police Dept.

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Upset Parent

Cookeville, TN

#1 Oct 11, 2012
I don't know who this officer is, But I do know that he has a smart mouth and is very disrespectful toward citizens. My son is 20 years old. He and his friends have never been in any kind of trouble and are always respectful to everyone. This has happened more than once and I have told them officers go through a lot and to over look it. But this time my son called me on his cell phone so I could hear the conversation. My son and three of his friends were traveling north on Jefferson. Just before they got to Tractor Supply they noticed blue lights behind them. Now I'm already on the phone with my son before they see the blue lights. They turn into the Tractor Supply parking lot and stopped. The first thing the office said was, We I say stop you stop! Not when you want to! My son's frind who was driving told the officer he did pull over as sone as he saw the blue lights. The officer then said, Don't you get no attitude with me boy! He told the officer, Sir I'm not getting an attitude with you, I really didn't see you. He then told him to step out of the car and put his hands on the hood while he patted him down. He returned to the car and asked the other three boys who wasn't even driving for their drivers license. Then they order a drug dog to inspect the car for drugs. Turns out, They were doing 40 mph in a 30 mph speed zone. All this for doing 10 miles per hour over the speed limit. Several kids in the parking lot later told the boys they pulled over as soon as e turned his lights on. Now the boys were wrong for speeding but they did not deserve being treated like common criminals. I heard the whole conversation and this officer is very disrespectful, abusive and is out there just trying to start trouble. I'm over looking it this time but my son is now carrying a pocket digital recorder with him at all times. The next time this happens things will go a little different. I have nothing but respect for the law and I have brought my children up the same. This was very much uncalled for. In my option this officer is nothing but a liability to the City of Cookeville.
Dont FWT Police

Cookeville, TN

#2 Oct 11, 2012
Donít FWT Police
Police Shoots Kills 1 Arm 1 Leg Mental ill Wheelchair Man
&fe ature=colike
A Houston police officer shot and killed a one-armed, one-legged man in a wheelchair Saturday inside a group home after police say the double amputee threatened the officer and aggressively waved a metal object that turned out to be a pen.
Police spokeswoman Jodi Silva said the man cornered the officer in his wheelchair and was making threats while trying to stab the officer with the pen. At the time, the officer did not know what the metal object was that the man was waving, Silva said.
She said the man came "within inches to a foot" of the officer and did not follow instructions to calm down and remain still.
"Fearing for his partner's safety and his own safety, he discharged his weapon," Silva told The Associated Press.
Police did not immediately release the name of the man who was killed. They had been called to the home after a caretaker there called and reported that the man in wheelchair was causing a disturbance.
The owner of the group home, John Garcia, told the Houston Chronicle that the man had a history of mental illness and had been living at the house about 18 months. Garcia said the man had told him that he lost a leg above the knee and all of one arm when he was hit by a train.
"He sometimes would go off a bit, but you just ignore it," Garcia told the newspaper.
Silva identified the officer as Matthew Jacob Marin, a five-year veteran of the department. He was immediately placed on three-day administrative leave, which is standard in all shootings involving officers.
Houston police records indicate that Marin also fatally shot a suspect in 2009. Investigators at the time said Marin came upon a man stabbing his neighbor to death at an apartment complex and opened fired when the suspect refused to drop the knife.
On Saturday, Marin and his partner arrived at the group home around 2:30 a.m. Silva said there were several people at the house at the time. The caretaker who called police waited on the porch while the officers went inside, she said.
"It was close quarters in the area of the house," Silva said. "The officer was forced into an area where he had no way to get out
Sure

Cookeville, TN

#3 Oct 11, 2012
You know, you might have heard the conversation, but you weren't there. I've seen the way the young adults drive up and down Jeferson, and they all need to be pulled if you ask me. You don't always know what your little darlings are up to, Mom. They don't always behave as they've been taught is right. I just wonder if you'd be saying the same if it wasn't the "black" police officer.
mom

United States

#4 Oct 11, 2012
First off, I am also a mother. I have a son's also. My first point, why is your ADULT son calling you about this? Why would he have you listen to what's going on? Secondly, so what if the officer is not as friendly as you think he should be? How did you know he was black, which is irrelevant, were you told that? You have to allow your son to handle his own situations, whether they are just or not. That's just part of growing into a man. As a mother it''s hard to stop protecting your kids, but it's enabling them to not fight or figure out their own battles when they are no longer your little boy or girl. My son used to lean on me whenever life handed him an uncomfortable situation and I knew he had to use his own intellect - not mine. Since then he has been in the military and has been deployed several times. I actually showed him your post and you know what he said? "That's a problem? You've got to be kidding?". He's 19.
Puddle of Water

Cookeville, TN

#5 Oct 11, 2012
He is a real jerk. This is the same guy that just cost us (taxpayers) thousands of dollars because he thought his patrol car could also be a boat.

I don't think he will be in law enforcement very much longer.
Upset Parent

Cookeville, TN

#6 Oct 11, 2012
Sure wrote:
You know, you might have heard the conversation, but you weren't there. I've seen the way the young adults drive up and down Jeferson, and they all need to be pulled if you ask me. You don't always know what your little darlings are up to, Mom. They don't always behave as they've been taught is right. I just wonder if you'd be saying the same if it wasn't the "black" police officer.
I agree, They were wrong in speeding and did need to be pulled over and ticketed. But they did not deserve the attitude and treatment they received.However I don't agree that they should all be pulled over. If their not breaking the law, Then they sould be left alone just as you and I should be. As far as the black part goes, My family is mixed and it doesn't matter what color his skin is. He has a bad attitude and it should be corrected.
Upset Parent

Cookeville, TN

#7 Oct 11, 2012
mom wrote:
First off, I am also a mother. I have a son's also. My first point, why is your ADULT son calling you about this? Why would he have you listen to what's going on? Secondly, so what if the officer is not as friendly as you think he should be? How did you know he was black, which is irrelevant, were you told that? You have to allow your son to handle his own situations, whether they are just or not. That's just part of growing into a man. As a mother it''s hard to stop protecting your kids, but it's enabling them to not fight or figure out their own battles when they are no longer your little boy or girl. My son used to lean on me whenever life handed him an uncomfortable situation and I knew he had to use his own intellect - not mine. Since then he has been in the military and has been deployed several times. I actually showed him your post and you know what he said? "That's a problem? You've got to be kidding?". He's 19.
In reguards to your first remark, My son and I talk regularly on the phone and we have discussed this before. And yes I was told he was black. It not the idea that it happened to my son and his friends, It shouldn't happen to anyone. An officer needs to do his job but he doesn't need to be disrespectful. As far as me sheltering y son, I don't. My son to is in the military. We have discussed several times how disrespectful this officer is and I have always took the officers side in our discussions. My son was simply proving his point by letting me listen to the incident.
maybe

Cookeville, TN

#8 Oct 11, 2012
Upset Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, They were wrong in speeding and did need to be pulled over and ticketed. But they did not deserve the attitude and treatment they received.However I don't agree that they should all be pulled over. If their not breaking the law, Then they should be left alone just as you and I should be. As far as the black part goes, My family is mixed and it doesn't matter what color his skin is. He has a bad attitude and it should be corrected.
Believe I would have my son ask for a meeting with this officer and his immediate supervisor. Your son should be allowed to tell his side of the story in front of the officer. We have a good police force and if there is a problem with the way this officer or any other officer is dealing with the public then it needs to be addressed. Don't know the officer you speak of but it's possible he may be overacting because of the way people talk to him when he stops them. Not defending or condemning anyone.
Upset Parent

Cookeville, TN

#9 Oct 11, 2012
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>Believe I would have my son ask for a meeting with this officer and his immediate supervisor. Your son should be allowed to tell his side of the story in front of the officer. We have a good police force and if there is a problem with the way this officer or any other officer is dealing with the public then it needs to be addressed. Don't know the officer you speak of but it's possible he may be overacting because of the way people talk to him when he stops them. Not defending or condemning anyone.
I agree with you 100% on us having a good police department. Which is why this upset me so. I was o the phone and all the young men didn't have time to be disrespectful. He had the attitude when he approached their vehicle. It is over now but your idea about the supervisor is exactly why I told my son to record the incident if it were to happen again. I meant no disrespect to The Cookeville Police Dept. at all. I was just trying to find out if anyone else had any incidents such as this with this officer.
bo-bo

Cookeville, TN

#10 Oct 12, 2012
mom wrote:
It's just a family member sticking up for part of his or her family, you are totally out of line. You said your kid is in the military and he does not understand this, sounds like he has no clue just like his parents.
Sob

Newport, KY

#11 Oct 12, 2012
Upset Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
In reguards to your first remark, My son and I talk regularly on the phone and we have discussed this before. And yes I was told he was black. It not the idea that it happened to my son and his friends, It shouldn't happen to anyone. An officer needs to do his job but he doesn't need to be disrespectful. As far as me sheltering y son, I don't. My son to is in the military. We have discussed several times how disrespectful this officer is and I have always took the officers side in our discussions. My son was simply proving his point by letting me listen to the incident.
If hes in the military why couldnt he handle it then? Do u still breastfeed him as well?
Shavon

Cookeville, TN

#12 Oct 12, 2012
I think you are just trying to start something just because he is black.
Fatherof7

Brevard, NC

#13 Oct 12, 2012
mom wrote:
Amen! Not enough of this going on.
imom

United States

#14 Oct 12, 2012
bo-bo wrote:
<quoted text>It's just a family member sticking up for part of his or her family, you are totally out of line. You said your kid is in the military and he does not understand this, sounds like he has no clue just like his parents.
Why would my son have no clue about this? Because he hasn't been pulled over by this officer? He's in Afghan right now so I guess that part may be true. You're entitled to your opinion, but It's pretty worthless to me. Have a good one.
bo-bo

Cookeville, TN

#15 Oct 12, 2012
imom wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would my son have no clue about this? Because he hasn't been pulled over by this officer? He's in Afghan right now so I guess that part may be true. You're entitled to your opinion, but It's pretty worthless to me. Have a good one.
He has no clue because it seems he has no clue to stick up for a family member, that's all this mother was doing in my eyes. I have two sons and I don't care if there 9 19 29 or 59 in my family we back each other to the end. And by the way I hope your son makes it home ok, but there are a lot of sons losing their lives for NOTHING over there. Your son is over there so politicians can get a kick back from the defense department. In my house you give respect and you should get it back. Just because you wear a uniform that does not mean people are suppose to kiss your azz. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
teddy bonkers

United States

#16 Oct 12, 2012
bo-bo wrote:
<quoted text>He has no clue because it seems he has no clue to stick up for a family member, that's all this mother was doing in my eyes. I have two sons and I don't care if there 9 19 29 or 59 in my family we back each other to the end. And by the way I hope your son makes it home ok, but there are a lot of sons losing their lives for NOTHING over there. Your son is over there so politicians can get a kick back from the defense department. In my house you give respect and you should get it back. Just because you wear a uniform that does not mean people are suppose to kiss your azz. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Probably the parent of a lot of good for nothing welfare suckers who run to meemaw and pappy when they get thrown in jail. I've seen parents like you defending the behavior or your stupid spawn. You probably never did anything military because they don't say the lib talk that you do.. Do us a favor and remain on your trailer porch, draw your disability (probably for mental) and shove your liberal propaganda up your you know what. Put that in your pipe and smoke it with your village idiot kids you liberal slob.
teddy bonkers

United States

#17 Oct 12, 2012
bo-bo wrote:
<quoted text>He has no clue because it seems he has no clue to stick up for a family member, that's all this mother was doing in my eyes. I have two sons and I don't care if there 9 19 29 or 59 in my family we back each other to the end. And by the way I hope your son makes it home ok, but there are a lot of sons losing their lives for NOTHING over there. Your son is over there so politicians can get a kick back from the defense department. In my house you give respect and you should get it back. Just because you wear a uniform that does not mean people are suppose to kiss your azz. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
You probably have a problem only if the person in uniform is a black person too. Hypocrite.
bo-bo

Cookeville, TN

#18 Oct 12, 2012
teddy bonkers wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably have a problem only if the person in uniform is a black person too. Hypocrite.
WRONG----- try again. I have and also called many blacks my friends. I am not from the south either.
bo-bo

Cookeville, TN

#19 Oct 12, 2012
Teddy I pay more in taxes then you make in a year. Try 20k I had to give to the goverment. I pay 28 percent what do you pay. And that's no lie TED.
bo-bo

Cookeville, TN

#20 Oct 12, 2012
Teddy my house is on mountain top lane, come up and look at the trailers there worth about 150k. And we call them houses. I also pay 1500.00 in property taxes Do you even know what that is TEDDY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POF Losers 52 min Ewwww 25
Man walking the meets 1 hr Concerned vegan 1
Evidence Overton CO court fraud,children on fam... 2 hr betelgeuse 2
Women with extremely hairy vajayjays 2 hr Ball Player 12
What drugs do probation officers test for? (Aug '12) 3 hr Blackice121 249
What do you get a woman who's had an ABORT!ON f... (May '16) 5 hr There is no good ... 47
Academy Sports + Outdoors 700 New jobs coming (Aug '14) 7 hr pleasehireme 104

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages