need2sell

Cookeville, TN

#1 Oct 6, 2010
where is the best place to take my silver eagles and silver dollars to sell?
tandy

Cookeville, TN

#2 Oct 6, 2010
how much do u want for them, can u meet me at the Car Wash on 10th St.
Goldy

Livingston, TN

#3 Oct 6, 2010
need2sell wrote:
There is a place out on Spring St. Just past Hwy 111 a couple of blocks on the left.
the name

Cookeville, TN

#4 Oct 6, 2010
What is the name of the place?
I know

Cookeville, TN

#5 Oct 6, 2010
They are having a antiques roadshow this week at Holiday Inn Express....They are interested in coins and just about anything. They said they were paying top dollar....
A1Superstar

Cookeville, TN

#6 Oct 6, 2010
Those guys at the Holiday Inn are rip-off artists! They offered me $5.00 for each Morgan Suilver Dollar! They should be outlawed! I took the same Silver dollars to The Coin Guy on Spring street and he gave me $16 a piece and $75 for one he said was scarce!
need2sell

Cookeville, TN

#7 Oct 6, 2010
How much do you pay Tandy?
beware of these scammers

Cookeville, TN

#8 Oct 6, 2010
A1Superstar is right.

This is NOT the show called "Antique Roadshow."

This is a company that took a sort of rip-off name from that very television show to form the name "Treasure Hunters Roadshow."

After I Googled this Treasure Hunter Roadshow thing, what came up was HORRIBLE!

They are known to issue checks for your things that BOUNCE! In one city alone, they issued 200 checks that bounced and were no good.

They are also known to offer you not even half of the value of your items.

What good is this thing if they write bad checks and rip people off!

The Herald-Citizen should have researched this place before printing this in their paper. Arghhhh!
thank you

Cookeville, TN

#9 Oct 6, 2010
A1Superstar wrote:
Those guys at the Holiday Inn are rip-off artists! They offered me $5.00 for each Morgan Suilver Dollar! They should be outlawed! I took the same Silver dollars to The Coin Guy on Spring street and he gave me $16 a piece and $75 for one he said was scarce!
Thank you for the warning! I'm going to steer clear of the Roadshow scam artists.
Goldy

Livingston, TN

#10 Oct 6, 2010
I know wrote:
They are having a antiques roadshow this week at Holiday Inn Express....They are interested in coins and just about anything. They said they were paying top dollar....
I think I'd avoid any outfit that moves from place to place. Stick with a local shop if you can.
trouble

Buffalo Valley, TN

#11 Oct 9, 2010
Where is this place that buys silver, gold, and precious metals?
did i miss something

Cookeville, TN

#12 Oct 9, 2010
We took a few coins to a place in crossville, same guy owns a pawn shop and a coin store. couldnt tell ya the name, it was a while ago but I believe it was the only coin store in crossville if you look it up. we got over 300 dollars for them
con man

Livingston, TN

#13 Oct 13, 2010
need2sell wrote:
Bring your stuff over to my place and leave it my mailbox. Stop back by in a couple of days and pick up your check. lol
TTT

Cookeville, TN

#14 Oct 16, 2010
You can also ues Ebay to check values of what you have. Use the completed listing search to see what sold and for how much. Alot of dealers and buyers use Ebay and I have found the values to be very accurate, especialy for Morgans. The date and condition is the most import aspect of determining value unless you are willing to sell at scrap value which would be the market spot value which is just shy of $25 as of Friday 10/15/10. Gold is a totally different story. And yes, the roaming companies are a big mistake and will rip you off. Almost any jewelry store will be willing to buy silver or gold. Take it to several stores and make them bid against one another. That way you get top dollar. Don't settle on the first offer!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug Dealers Hood and L-Block Get OUT (Aug '10) 1 hr Blood b 15
Sick mom 2 hr Donny joe 1
Firemens stupid moustache 2 hr Jill 3
rebecca hembree 2 hr The truth 2
What drugs do probation officers test for? (Aug '12) 2 hr The truth 181
7 days consecutive work? Isn't that illegal? (Apr '11) 2 hr TTH 429
News Cookeville-Putnam chapter of NAACP chartered (Feb '15) 6 hr Gullgirl 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages