Dr. Michael Martin and Karen Bundren

Dr. Michael Martin and Karen Bundren

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

An Interested Observer

Nashville, TN

#1 Dec 4, 2010
"The former Campbell County School Director and another former district employee were arrested by the TBI Friday.

Michael Martin, 62 and of Jacksboro, and Karen Bundren, 52 and of Tazewell, were indicted by a grand jury earlier in the day.

Bundren served as the district's director of federal projects.

According to TBI spokesperson Kristin Helm, both are charged with one count of theft of property over $1,000, two counts of official misconduct, two counts of forgery, two counts of tampering with government records, and two counts of falsifying education and academic records.

TBI investigators said Bundren submitted paperwork to the Campbell County Finance Office and the State Department of Education indicating she had a doctorate.

That allowed her to collect $5,000 more in pay than she was due between September 2009 and October 2010, Helm said in a news release.

In October, the District Attorney General asked the TBI to investigate after both Martin and Bundren resigned abruptly.

Martin and Bundren were released from jail on $5,000 bond Friday evening."
maybe

Manchester, TN

#2 Dec 4, 2010
hahahahaha
funny

Pauline, SC

#3 Dec 4, 2010
wow! he always walked around like his shit didn't stink, I guess they just finally followed the smell.
Hmmmmmmmm

Cookeville, TN

#4 Dec 4, 2010
Is this the same Micheal Martin that was with our school system? If so I wonder what kind of shady dealings he got away with here.
An Interested Observer

Nashville, TN

#5 Dec 4, 2010
Yes, it is the same Michael Martin.
Well

Denver, NC

#6 Dec 6, 2010
Where are all you Martin lovers/a55kissers now? Well? Come on say something!
lola

Monroe, NC

#7 Dec 7, 2010
I love him. I will pray for him. The Bible says to forgive.
Care4theKids

AOL

#8 Dec 7, 2010
lola wrote:
I love him. I will pray for him. The Bible says to forgive.
I, too, will pray for him and Karen but God does not sanction sin although he loves the sinner. We reap what we sow and the crop that Martin and Bundren planted was not providing nourishment for our children or the teachers/principals in our county.

These are two EVIL people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only 13% are black 1 hr could be 7
new life church..hilham tn 3 hr Vet101 2
Current Cookeville Police Officers... (Sep '11) 6 hr BigDaddy2010 174
Vote in Algood 10 hr youtwo 1
Clinton or Trump for President 13 hr Crap Choices 10
why is wooly bullys shut down? 13 hr Martin 5
Dunkin Donuts 16 hr KKsucks 3

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance