Holden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

I am sick and tired of the Herald Citizen delivery people throwing that darn sale paper in my driveway. You know, the one in the yellow bag. I didn't ask for it and I never look at it. I pick it up and throw it in the trash can. What gives them the right to just throw their trash in my driveway. I think maybe I just need to pick it up and drive over to the owners house and throw it in their driveway. See how they feel about that! I'd like to know just why they think they have the right to do this!
CHEAPER IS BETTER

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

ITS A FREE PAPER THAT THEY WANT TO GIVE OUT BUG DEAL, IF YOU DONT WANT IT THEN JUST KEEP PUTING IT IN THE TRASH BE CAUSE SOME PEOPLE LIKE THE SALE'S PAPER WITH THE ECONOMY NOT ALL OF US CAN AFFORD TO BUY EVERYTHING AT FULL PRICe. YES IT IS MOSTLY SALES BUT IT IS A GOT OTHER CLASSIFIEDS IN THERE THAT PEOPLE USE. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN JUST THROW IT IN THE TRASH.
lol

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

You have legs. Walk over and throw it in the trash if you don't want it. The rest of us appreciate knowing where we can save money.
I Agree

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

I like getting the paper and find it no problem to walk out and pick it up. Actually look forward to seeing the sales for the week. Sometimes they have good food and restaurant coupons in it.
trash

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

People shouldn't have to pay for newspaper delivery and get solicited with other content that is not associated with the Herald-Citizen.
Boohoo

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

trash wrote:
People shouldn't have to pay for newspaper delivery and get solicited with other content that is not associated with the Herald-Citizen.
Cry me a river. It's the same crap you get in your mailbox except it's being bundled up in one package and delivered on your front lawn. Newspaper prices were the same before they ever started this. Looks like you aren't paying for it after all.
Plus

Baxter, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

I don't pay for a subscription to the newspaper but get the Plus paper. The way I understand it, you get the plus when you don't get the newspaper. At no charge. I appreciate the Plus. Call the Herald-Citizen and asked to be removed from getting a free paper cause I know several people that tell me often they wished they got one.

“Don't stop believin'! ”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

trash wrote:
It IS associated with the paper. The RBG is basically an expansion of the Classifieds section. But, do what everyone else has suggested and call and ask for it to be canceled. It's included in your price of subscription to the H-C so you're not paying any extra for it.
Please

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

CHEAPER IS BETTER wrote:
ITS A FREE PAPER THAT THEY WANT TO GIVE OUT BUG DEAL, IF YOU DONT WANT IT THEN JUST KEEP PUTING IT IN THE TRASH BE CAUSE SOME PEOPLE LIKE THE SALE'S PAPER WITH THE ECONOMY NOT ALL OF US CAN AFFORD TO BUY EVERYTHING AT FULL PRICe. YES IT IS MOSTLY SALES BUT IT IS A GOT OTHER CLASSIFIEDS IN THERE THAT PEOPLE USE. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN JUST THROW IT IN THE TRASH.
May be there is a coupon for a keyboard where the capslock is not stuck?
ban

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

They need to get rid of Mary Jo Denton. Shes a trouble maker. She dogs people as bad as the people on topic.
chick

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

The Plus paper is completely free. If you are too lazy to either look at it to see where you can save money or throw it in the trash, then my guess is you are too lazy to do other stuff. It's nice to have something delivered to you every week that will help you save money. I for one love it and hope they print it forever.
Use them

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Judged:

Use them to start fires or something useful. Or if you need to spray paint something put them down to keep the paint off other objects. Turn your negative into a positive.
nab

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

She has a rather peculiar writing style. Like for example, instead of "license plate number" or "tag number" she writes "license tag number." That is OK but rather odd.

She consistently screws up street names. She will put "Chestnut Street" instead of "Chestnut Avenue" as an example. My favorite was a story she did years ago about something that happened on West Circle. This little dead-end street runs off Forrest Road at the north end of town. The street is named after a person with the last name "West" and does not refer to a direction, as in West this or West that. She wrote "West Circle Drive," which she invented out of her own head, probably because she herself lives on a street called "Circle Drive," and could not resist adding the "Drive."

Another goofiness is her irresistible tendency to use the word "here" excessively. As in this example, where someone was arrested in Cookeville for a crime in Sevierville: "Detectives here launched a search for the suspect but could not locate him here." She has also been known to mix up names of crimes, as in referring to a burglary of an empty home as a robbery.

I could go on and on, but won't.
nab

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Sorry, above post refers to Mary Jo.
Rolaids

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

the paper they throw out in the yellow plastic & be gone in one phone call to the Herald Citizen. I quit taking the paper after about 10 years and immediately they started throwing that....after about 3 days of walking down the drive to pick it up & then throwing it away, I called them....apparently they contacted the paper-boy (man) because they immediately stopped.

Those that don't appreciate Mary Jo, you could have it worse. She does great with the information is is given.
nab

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Rolaids wrote:
(snip) Those that don't appreciate Mary Jo, you could have it worse. She does great with the information is is given.
I do appreciate her, was only laughing at the odd quirks in her writing.

She has gotten herself in some trouble in the past, though. A number of years ago, she wrote a supportive story about her friend Mary Hopson (now in a federal pen), who defrauded a large number of people, including, stupidly, the DA and some of the Cookeville police officers. She referred to Hopson's "mounting legal problems" and offered a way for people to contribute. That pi**ed off one of the victims so bad he emptied something like 13 shots into her house in the middle of the night.

I heard years ago that it was a now-retired cop who did it, but I can't remember who told me that. He seemed pretty sure of himself. Wouldn't ever tell me which one because in his words "I have to live in this town." Of course, the statute of limitations has long since run out on this crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Cookeville Forum right now

Search the Cookeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min lol 123,641
muffler shops (Jan '13) 6 min dumbass 31
Thank a republican for the spiral downward 12 min oh yeah 20
Hair stylist in Cookeville? 16 min porkey 33
Do you approve of Wayne Nabors as County Clerk? 27 min juggerchugger 53
All is Not Good in Algood 38 min citizen 309
Next Property Assessor 41 min DaSpectre 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cookeville Jobs

•••