Popeyes coming to Cookeville?

Popeyes coming to Cookeville?

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

isthistrue

Rock Hill, SC

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Overheard people saying Popeyes was opening a store in cookeville by Walmart? Anyone else hear something
Yep

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jan 22, 2013
It's going right next to the Target. Do they still have the Okra Strut in Irmo?
whosaidbeer

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 22, 2013
That would be cool. I love popeyes. Where did you hear this?
lmfao

Hamer, SC

#4 Jan 22, 2013
just what all you pot belly pigs and fat asses needs something else to EAT!!!!!!!!!!
The Kid Rulz

Columbia, TN

#5 Jan 22, 2013
popeyes chicken is the shiznit. lol...
I remember

Celina, TN

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Cookeville had a Popeye's many years ago.
Mistress

Matthews, NC

#7 Jan 26, 2013
The Kid Rulz wrote:
popeyes chicken is the shiznit. lol...
"Little Nicky" I love that movie...btw, "No woman! You are wrong!"
I Remember

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jan 27, 2013
I remember wrote:
Cookeville had a Popeye's many years ago.
What did you think of their chicken? I got some there a few time but it was always dried out and part of the time tasted like it had been fried in old oil. I'm not a picky eater but just never cared for the Popeye's we had then. I believe it was in the old Shoneys location?
What the heck

Cookeville, TN

#9 Jan 27, 2013
I Remember wrote:
<quoted text>What did you think of their chicken? I got some there a few time but it was always dried out and part of the time tasted like it had been fried in old oil. I'm not a picky eater but just never cared for the Popeye's we had then. I believe it was in the old Shoneys location?
I remember a Mrs.Winers and Church's Chicken but no Popeye's
I Remember

Cookeville, TN

#10 Jan 27, 2013
I may be wrong about the location but we did have a Popeyes although I don't remember it being here long. That was a number of years ago.
I Remember

Cookeville, TN

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Anybody recall the first Sonic we had on 10th street back in the late 70's? It was bad that when another Sonic opened here a number of years later I wouldn't even try it for a long time. I really like the Sonics we have here now.
yeah

Livingston, TN

#12 Jan 27, 2013
oh lordy the black folk will go crazy if they smart they will put it next to a cadillac dealership hahahaha

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 28, 2013
I Remember wrote:
I may be wrong about the location but we did have a Popeyes although I don't remember it being here long. That was a number of years ago.
You're right, there was a Popeye's in Cookeville back in the late 70s in front of JCPenney. It didn't last very long. After it closed, it became DQ, and now it's that ridiculous "Family Traditions" place.

I would love to see Popeye's in Cookeville. And Bojangles. I can't stand KFC.
Just Curious

Cookeville, TN

#14 Jan 31, 2013
...but why is the Family Traditions place 'ridiculous'?
Promise

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jan 31, 2013
A campaign promise to put a fried chick'un place in all towns if the election was won.
popeye

Cookeville, TN

#16 Feb 4, 2013
yeah wrote:
oh lordy the black folk will go crazy if they smart they will put it next to a cadillac dealership hahahaha
and next to the trailer park where the trashy white folk sells pills hahahaha
Pat

Cookeville, TN

#17 Apr 8, 2014
"Just Curious"...but why is the Family Traditions place 'ridiculous'? Have you ever been to Family Traditions? I was there once, and would never go back! There was a HUGE wolf spider on the floor, and the food sucked!! UGH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Entire Family Turns Transgender 1 hr Steve Jobs 5
Gaw/city of cookeville 2 hr Maggie 8
Down the drain 2 hr Maggie 2
What do you want to see in Cookeville? 8 hr Jerry H 40
News Council votes to buy property for police station 9 hr soapopera 10
The neck face & t!tty tattoo generation just ke... (Apr '16) 11 hr Who Svarted 32
Man walking streets (May '15) 11 hr Dan Svarted 79

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages