Cookeville man charged with statutory...

Cookeville man charged with statutory rape

There are 31 comments on the Cookeville Herald story from May 26, 2010, titled Cookeville man charged with statutory rape. In it, Cookeville Herald reports that:

A young Cookeville man was arrested last week on a charge of statutory rape. The arrest was made without incident just after 4 p.m. May 19 at Northeast Elementary School, where Danny J. Hawkins, 20, was working as a janitor employee of GCA Services, the company which contracts to clean public school buildings here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cookeville Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Livingston, TN

#1 Jun 1, 2010
does these ppl not look at these ppl before sticking them in with kids let me tell you one my kids get violated from one the crackhead looking men working at these schools you will wished you never met this crazy white girl, the women you have working at the schools look normal but the men are pitiful
R U Crazy

Dunlap, TN

#2 Jun 6, 2010
curious wrote:
does these ppl not look at these ppl before sticking them in with kids let me tell you one my kids get violated from one the crackhead looking men working at these schools you will wished you never met this crazy white girl, the women you have working at the schools look normal but the men are pitiful
The company needs to do a better job of screening its employees and stop hiring pedophiles to work in schools.
That Girl2009

Jamestown, TN

#3 Jun 9, 2010
First of all the girl was like 15...she's just a little slut that got caught and didn't want it to look bad on her. And the boy is not a crack head. Its not like it was some 9 year old...come on. 15 is old enough to know.
You BEASTBITCH

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jun 9, 2010
That Girl2009 wrote:
First of all the girl was like 15...she's just a little slut that got caught and didn't want it to look bad on her. And the boy is not a crack head. Its not like it was some 9 year old...come on. 15 is old enough to know.
20 years-old is NOT a boy! That's a grown adult man that should have known better. How dare you get on here and blame an underage victim and defend a pedophile janitor's actions!

If you really are a woman and this were YOUR child, you would think differently.

I think you are the janitor himself. If not, I think you are the girlfriend of this piece of sh^t.
Not That Girl

Lebanon, TN

#5 Jun 10, 2010
Sorry, I have to agree that 15 year old girls know what they are doing. They may not realize the long term results--but they are usually the instigators. Funny, how 20 year old guys are boys when they are playing college football but men when they are in trouble with the law. Too bad his folks did not teach him the dangers of messing with teenaged girls.
one who knows him

Manchester, TN

#6 Jun 10, 2010
This young man mind is not of a 20 year old so I don't think the rest of his life should be ruined because of this one incident. He was never in trouble of any kind before this.
Salutatory Rape

Cookeville, TN

#7 Jun 10, 2010
is a joke. Girls know exactly what they are doing and this girl was most likely not a virgin when she had sex with this young man.
plllllllllllllle ase

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jun 10, 2010
one who knows him wrote:
This young man mind is not of a 20 year old so I don't think the rest of his life should be ruined because of this one incident. He was never in trouble of any kind before this.
So, do you think like you did when you were 15 years-old? Doesn't matter that he had never been in any trouble before because he sure as hell is right now. He should have thought that his actions could his life before he did what he did. I'm sure he knew it was illegal.
R U Crazy

Dunlap, TN

#9 Jun 10, 2010
You BEASTBITCH wrote:
<quoted text>
20 years-old is NOT a boy! That's a grown adult man that should have known better. How dare you get on here and blame an underage victim and defend a pedophile janitor's actions!
If you really are a woman and this were YOUR child, you would think differently.
I think you are the janitor himself. If not, I think you are the girlfriend of this piece of sh^t.
You mean he has a girlfriend? What in the world does he need with a 15 year old girl then? What's wrong; Mama at home not tight enough for his little wee wee? lol lol.
That Girl2009

Jamestown, TN

#10 Jun 10, 2010
I do have a daughter. I had her when i was 16 and i knew what i was doing. And instead of me screaming rape i let him go on his merry way. I know the boy also...he's not all there. But by all means i don't care much for him. But these little girls going out and having sex and then gettin caught are messin up these "MENS" lifes forever. The way they got caught was because the girl was BRAGGIN about it to her friends and her momma over heard. So if she didn't know what she was doing then why was she bragging?
what were you thinking

Cookeville, TN

#11 Jun 10, 2010
That Girl2009 wrote:
I do have a daughter. I had her when i was 16 and i knew what i was doing. And instead of me screaming rape i let him go on his merry way. I know the boy also...he's not all there. But by all means i don't care much for him. But these little girls going out and having sex and then gettin caught are messin up these "MENS" lifes forever. The way they got caught was because the girl was BRAGGIN about it to her friends and her momma over heard. So if she didn't know what she was doing then why was she bragging?
That is absurd to deliberately get pregnant when you were a child yourself. I am guessing that your mother and grandparents got stuck raising two kids. No 16 year-old is equipped for motherhood although. Any animal can give birth, that doesn't make it a mother.

Nobody makes these guys cork these young girls. All it takes is a simple answer of NO from the adult male.

The problem lies within parenting. Where are the parents when their daughters are running all around and spreading their legs for every Tom, Dick and Harry in town?

You, my dear, should keep a quarter between your knees and I pray that you aren't going to encourage your daughter that it is perfectly fine to get pregnant at age 16.
one who knows him

Manchester, TN

#12 Jun 11, 2010
He used to date this girl with her Mothers approval last year. After they broke up she got with him one more time a few months later. Her and this other older girl were bragging about being with him. It was actually the other "of age" girls' Mom who was mad at him and talked the other Mom into doing this. She found some messages on her daughters phone concerning these 2 girls bragging.
That Girl2009

Jamestown, TN

#13 Jun 11, 2010
No ma'am i didn't get pregnant on purpose, and just because a girl get pregnant doesn't make her a whore. Her father was the guy i was ever with. And also no my mother or grandmother is not rasing her, they watch her so i could finish school so i could provide for her, and thats what i do, i was the one stayin up with her at night when she had colic and going to school at 8am, not my mother. I agree no young girl should have a child, and no i hope my daughter doesn't follow in my steps that way what i hope she does follow is finishing school and moving on to better herself like i have. You're right also i'm not afraid to admit it my parents has supported us but i didn't walk out of my daughters life, cause i knew if i had ran off like most young girls do my father would have stompped me a new asshole. So your wrong i am a mother to my child. She is my everything,Her and proving people like you wrong is why i keep trying to go above and be on.
Thats not nice

Cookeville, TN

#14 Jun 11, 2010
what were you thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
That is absurd to deliberately get pregnant when you were a child yourself. I am guessing that your mother and grandparents got stuck raising two kids. No 16 year-old is equipped for motherhood although. Any animal can give birth, that doesn't make it a mother.
Nobody makes these guys cork these young girls. All it takes is a simple answer of NO from the adult male.
The problem lies within parenting. Where are the parents when their daughters are running all around and spreading their legs for every Tom, Dick and Harry in town?
You, my dear, should keep a quarter between your knees and I pray that you aren't going to encourage your daughter that it is perfectly fine to get pregnant at age 16.
What a rude comment.
Yea You

Lebanon, TN

#15 Jun 11, 2010
That Girl2009 wrote:
No ma'am i didn't get pregnant on purpose, and just because a girl get pregnant doesn't make her a whore. Her father was the guy i was ever with. And also no my mother or grandmother is not rasing her, they watch her so i could finish school so i could provide for her, and thats what i do, i was the one stayin up with her at night when she had colic and going to school at 8am, not my mother. I agree no young girl should have a child, and no i hope my daughter doesn't follow in my steps that way what i hope she does follow is finishing school and moving on to better herself like i have. You're right also i'm not afraid to admit it my parents has supported us but i didn't walk out of my daughters life, cause i knew if i had ran off like most young girls do my father would have stompped me a new asshole. So your wrong i am a mother to my child. She is my everything,Her and proving people like you wrong is why i keep trying to go above and be on.
Way to go, girl. Lots of girls mean to have sex but definitely do not mean to get pregnant. I am proud of your parents for being supportive and of you for giving birth and being a great mom.
R U Crazy

Dunlap, TN

#17 Jun 12, 2010
That Girl2009 wrote:
I do have a daughter. I had her when i was 16 and i knew what i was doing. And instead of me screaming rape i let him go on his merry way. I know the boy also...he's not all there. But by all means i don't care much for him. But these little girls going out and having sex and then gettin caught are messin up these "MENS" lifes forever. The way they got caught was because the girl was BRAGGIN about it to her friends and her momma over heard. So if she didn't know what she was doing then why was she bragging?
Excellent points and what do you suggest we do about these girls who know what they can do with what they've got but then want to cry rape when they get busted? The situation is getting out of hand and if it continues, I fear it may begin to take the heat off the REAL rapists because there will surely be a fierce outcry sooner or later.

“"Just Myself"”

Since: May 10

"Near The Lake"

#18 Jun 13, 2010
That Girl2009 wrote:
First of all the girl was like 15...she's just a little slut that got caught and didn't want it to look bad on her. And the boy is not a crack head. Its not like it was some 9 year old...come on. 15 is old enough to know.
I have a question here,"What is this young mans parents first names"? I used to know a Danny Hawkins and he was married to a big woman very tall Lady.I am talking of the older Danny Hawkins and at one time they resided in Red Boiling Springs,Tn.The older Danny served in the Vietnam War.I just saw the name but it could be someone else but their boy would be right about this age though.

I just thought of the Danny Hawkins that I know what his ex-wifes name is and it was Debbie.
finkle

Cookeville, TN

#19 Jun 13, 2010
from what i understand, this guy was recommended for employment by dr airhardt.
R U Crazy

Dunlap, TN

#20 Jun 13, 2010
Thats not nice wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rude comment.
HAA!! You are either completely delusional or you do not know the adult male very well. Saying no to a girl who is coming on very strong is about as impossible as stopping a tornado with your bare hands. Don't you know when the clothes come off; Women RULE?!! It's always been up to you gals to set the standards and it still is cause it is nearly impossible for the male.
eagel

Waterloo, Canada

#21 Jul 14, 2010
Its funny how this guy was charged with such thing considering I dated him a year in a half ago I was sixteen he told me he was twenty-one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guy on yellow bike with purple flames. 31 min Sorry 2
Black lives matter 1 hr Rules of Engagement 60
Big talkers 2 hr TheBitcher 18
shaunna turner (Feb '14) 5 hr Forever His 17
Neighbors put a gate across my driveway (Sep '12) 6 hr BR-549x 46
Wendy Askins (Jul '15) 7 hr Tn Treetop Daddy 53
Makenzi Delaney?? (Sep '15) 9 hr nutzaplente 4

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages