New to the Cookeville area

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 9, 2012
Wow an actual forum for this area...noob here. Gonna see how long it takes me to get "climatized".

“[REWOP]”

Charleston, SC

#2 Dec 9, 2012
LOL@ the username. Welcome & where did you come from?
welcome

Irmo, SC

#3 Dec 9, 2012
Welcome to the area. Chain down anything you don't want stolen. That is all...
Hey

Manchester, TN

#4 Dec 9, 2012
New to Cookeville? Big mistake.Been robbed yet?Dog got shot yet?
Take care.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 9, 2012
Lol from the great state of Georgia...
cookeville

United States

#6 Dec 9, 2012
Welcome to cookvagas. Its not that bad. But still lock your doors. We have some low life people who would rather still then work and buy there ow stuff. There are some good people here and then the scum. But that is anywere.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 9, 2012
Yeah I was reading the paper and lots of petty crime looks like. Car hoppers..you know folks should take that stuff in at night.
cookeville

United States

#8 Dec 9, 2012
You would think but then again comon sence really isn't to comon

Location hidden

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Yeah that's true everywhere..come home from work or school and leave my laptop in the front seat?..

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Dec 10, 2012
Welcome to Cookeville! It's a great town with great people. Unfortunately, you won't see many of them here on toxic, I mean topic.net . Rather, you should check out the Cookeville room at city-data, where the forums are heavily monitored so that there's no profanity, no trolling, etc:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cookeville/

Location hidden

#11 Dec 10, 2012
professeur wrote:
Welcome to Cookeville! It's a great town with great people. Unfortunately, you won't see many of them here on toxic, I mean topic.net . Rather, you should check out the Cookeville room at city-data, where the forums are heavily monitored so that there's no profanity, no trolling, etc:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/cookeville/
Thanks for the info...I believe i will.

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#12 Dec 13, 2012
Go away.
Incorrect

United States

#15 Dec 14, 2012
Welcome
yeppers

United States

#16 Dec 14, 2012
Ouch welcome to town... Make yourself at home... IDK why anyone would move here... This town sucks royally. Professeur is right you won't find many of these great folks on here cause they're simply not tech savvy... Sure city data's great with its censorship.... So is topix.... The only thing that's really toxic in this town is the corruption and meth heads that are cooking all over town but hey that's why they call it Cookeville....
TrashVegas

Cookeville, TN

#17 Dec 14, 2012
It's Crookville. Prepare yourself. They HATE anyone that isn't a Tennessee native. Be prepared to get told to "Go back to where you came from" by the locals. Anyone with an education or brains is considered to be a mortal threat.
native

Wadesboro, NC

#18 Dec 14, 2012
I've lived here my whole life. There are plenty of pros and a fair share of cons. That's anywhere you live though. Not everyone is an ignorant redneck or doper. There are people you gotta take with a grain of salt. There's also some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I've always lived in the "sticks," and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's peaceful, no glaring street lights all night, and the beautiful sounds of crickets, frogs, and howling coyotes. May I ask what part of Cookeville you now reside?

Location hidden

#19 Dec 15, 2012
Thanks for the kind welcome to those that did....I live off Dodson Branch Rd in north Cookeville...very nice up here.
native

Wadesboro, NC

#20 Dec 15, 2012
I grew up on Bob Lynn Rd. I know that area well. I'm sure you'll love it.
moving

Cookeville, TN

#21 Dec 15, 2012
as soon as possible. good luck and i hope you don't need a job that pays more than 7 bucks an hour. all the others are taken by people related to each other

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#22 Dec 17, 2012
I lived there all my life and moved away earlier this fall. The truth? The ONLY things I miss are my mom's cooking and Rib City. I moved two states away to a much larger city and am glad I did.

Some people like the small town thing. Some don't. I'm a part of the don't group.

If you like small town living, Cookeville is a great place to live. If you go to church, don't get into any trouble and don't mooch off the system, you'll do great. You will earn respect.

But if you're move there was for business reasons, I advise you to leave soon. The growth there has become stagnant due to bad decisions from politicians in office in the 90s and onwards. If you decide to stay, I hope your business will stand the test of time.

Best wishes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael and Angie Henry 2 hr Al Henry 8
Jim Stout 2 hr Al Henry 10
Beware of Joe Lovell (Oct '10) 3 hr Really 175
Goods Lovell Against the BAD Lovells (Nov '10) 3 hr Really 10
john dedman and sandy 3 hr what a mess 4
Steve Farley (Dec '08) 4 hr Chris Rogers 19
Robert Horton (Mar '13) 4 hr Chris Rogers 20
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE