June Bug Boogie 2012
Bushwhacker

Harlan, KY

#42 Jun 30, 2012
Bearded Clam must not have been there, I think he was just fantasizing. Of all the clams, as he call them, I didn't see any that were hairy.
big mac

United States

#43 Jun 30, 2012
Yeah bummer. I'm old school. I like a clam to be hairy. Love eating hairy clams. But they're few and far in between these days.

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#44 Jun 30, 2012
was there wrote:
How many more ways can it be said-----there was NO RAPE! Some idiot makes up a bunch of shit every time we have a boogie. NO RAPE happened. What part of that don't you idiots understand?
Could you refrain from calling people idiots,they do enough of that trash here.
was there

United States

#45 Jun 30, 2012
IDIOT is a perfect name for someone unwilling to accept cold hard facts. I'll use which words I want when I want to. When you own the Topix website then you can dictate who says what,until then,piss off idiot.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#46 Jun 30, 2012
I havnt gone, i wont go and scre bonaroo too.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#47 Jun 30, 2012
was there wrote:
IDIOT is a perfect name for someone unwilling to accept cold hard facts. I'll use which words I want when I want to. When you own the Topix website then you can dictate who says what,until then,piss off idiot.
awwww whose a angry lil festival goer? Cmon lets go over here and pay ten dollars for a bottle of water while some middle aged skank takes her clothes off at a porta potty.
Masked Avenger

Crossville, TN

#48 Jun 30, 2012
I attended for the first time and had a blast. Some observations:

1. I could not believe how clean the place was. I have attended the 12 Hours of Sebring for the last 15 years, which is really a 4 day party. The place gets trashed, with beer cans all over the place. The folks attending the JuneBug were amazingly careful to actually use the trash cans.

2. The bands were top notch. Great concerts, and Herb's staff had the place clean by the next day.

3. Contrary to the bike image of drunken fights breaking out, I didn't see any at all. I'm sure there were some, but if you respected other people, they treated you with respect, drunk or not.

4. Someone needs to do something about the law out there. The Sheriff was out of control. They were handing out tickets for the dumbest things. One persons we were with got a ticket for having too much tint over the license plate. C'mon. Aren't there any unsolved burglaries that need to be solved?

It was a great time. Loved it.
was there

United States

#49 Jun 30, 2012
Good post Masked, I agree 100%. Jealous little people who have no life make up stuff about all the great events in our area.you could have garth brooks come and do a free show at putnam co fairgrounds and some sniping little people would find something to whine about. Oh well Its sad that some people will then read the crap about the boogie and believe it. But idiots will believe what they want.

And yes the cops try to harrass every year. You think with the rising crime rate in putnam they would have something better to do than bother us old over the hill folks who just want to chill at the boogie. Your tax dollars at work.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#50 Jun 30, 2012
was there wrote:
Good post Masked, I agree 100%. Jealous little people who have no life make up stuff about all the great events in our area.you could have garth brooks come and do a free show at putnam co fairgrounds and some sniping little people would find something to whine about. Oh well Its sad that some people will then read the crap about the boogie and believe it. But idiots will believe what they want.
And yes the cops try to harrass every year. You think with the rising crime rate in putnam they would have something better to do than bother us old over the hill folks who just want to chill at the boogie. Your tax dollars at work.
Who is jealous?
justme

Cookeville, TN

#51 Jun 30, 2012
I have never been, don't guess I'll ever go...so I can't really say anything about the people or place. But I have seen pics & have recognized some people...now I know what they look like with out clothes...I'll never look at them the same way again...lol...no one there has low self esteem...yay for them.
Ninty sixer

United States

#52 Jun 30, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Who is jealous?
I agree, your am idiot
attendee

York, SC

#53 Jul 1, 2012
Masked Avenger wrote:
I attended for the first time and had a blast. Some observations:
1. I could not believe how clean the place was. I have attended the 12 Hours of Sebring for the last 15 years, which is really a 4 day party. The place gets trashed, with beer cans all over the place. The folks attending the JuneBug were amazingly careful to actually use the trash cans.
2. The bands were top notch. Great concerts, and Herb's staff had the place clean by the next day.
3. Contrary to the bike image of drunken fights breaking out, I didn't see any at all. I'm sure there were some, but if you respected other people, they treated you with respect, drunk or not.
4. Someone needs to do something about the law out there. The Sheriff was out of control. They were handing out tickets for the dumbest things. One persons we were with got a ticket for having too much tint over the license plate. C'mon. Aren't there any unsolved burglaries that need to be solved?
It was a great time. Loved it.
just make sure you come back in September Ol neighbor at the boogie, it was good meeting you.but I know to take the tint of my license plate on my red truck before I go back lol.hope you an your buddy are doing good.

Plant City, FL

#54 Jul 1, 2012
was there wrote:
I agree I have been several times and havent seen anything that would make the sheriffs office stay out there I have been told that when Herb started the boogie the sheriffs dept came to him and offered their services for security, and was told that they werent needed by Herb this in turn pissed them off so now they harass everyone and its not Putnam Cty its Overton Cty if you notice its at county lines

Plant City, FL

#55 Jul 1, 2012
why the hell does it say Sarasota LOL damn internet its he "DEBIL"
was there

United States

#56 Jul 1, 2012
The address to the boogie is waterloo rd cookeville tn which is putnam county.
attendee

United States

#57 Jul 1, 2012
was there wrote:
The address to the boogie is waterloo rd cookeville tn which is putnam county.
it is not Putnam county, its in Overton county the reason the address is Cookeville is because its closer to the Cookeville post office
hoyt

United States

#58 Jul 1, 2012
The address is cookeville. He's right
just saying it right

Cookeville, TN

#59 Jul 1, 2012
First of all: The June Bug Boogie is in Overton Co., with a Cookeville, address: Second of all: Its a private affair and NO ONE, I mean NO ONE under the age of 21 is allow in, and Third of all: Wish I had, had the land and the thought that Herbert Clark had, because he has made a bunch of money doing this for the bikers and he has also given back to the community, in which he lives, Waterloo was hit hard from the tornadoes in March, he helped alot of money get back on their feet. Not to mention that his own property was hit hard. So for all those people who have never been to the Boogie, shut the hell up and stay away from the reality of life at the Boogie. We don't need you, anyway!!
local

Crossville, TN

#60 Jul 1, 2012
attendee wrote:
<quoted text> just make sure you come back in September Ol neighbor at the boogie, it was good meeting you.but I know to take the tint of my license plate on my red truck before I go back lol.hope you an your buddy are doing good.
Lol. So attendee. Which one of us do you think this is? Beavis or Butthead?
attendee

Rathdrum, ID

#61 Jul 2, 2012
local wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. So attendee. Which one of us do you think this is? Beavis or Butthead?
lol I will have to ask my Ol lady, but i'm gonna guess beavis .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atty suggestion(s).for police brutally?? 4 hr Bargain 21
Cookeville Boatdock Water Utility? (Feb '13) 4 hr Green 22
Cutest guy working for Carwile (Mar '10) 4 hr Plumberslovepipe 7
Academy Sports + Outdoors 700 New jobs coming (Aug '14) 4 hr Spring 107
News WCTE may lose 40 percent of funding 4 hr Woodstock 3
Rue 21 Going Out Of Business! (Oct '10) 5 hr Uranidiot 25
Evidence Overton CO court fraud,children on fam... 5 hr Uranidiot 18

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance