honest mechanic in cookeville

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Drpepper

Crossville, TN

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Is thier one in town or near, that a man can trust?

Greenwood, SC

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Go see Johnny at South Willow Auto Clinic... He does great job... It located below the pink elephant...
Kris

Clarkrange, TN

#5 Jan 7, 2013
Depends on what kind of car you have. Something exotic, you may need to go elsewhere. For a standard car/truck (Ford, Chevy, general repair), Sparks in Sparta is good.
Never go there

Livingston, TN

#6 Jan 8, 2013
Went there was very unsatisfied with work sout willow was my fav at one time but never again
OilPan

Sharon, SC

#7 Jan 8, 2013
I was told about the place behind Pink Elephant, I agree he did a good job, was honest, and cheaper than most. Jimmy Mott off Burgess Falls and Burgess School road is hard to beat in my book, very reliable, very fair, and top notch.
Well

Cookeville, TN

#9 Jan 8, 2013
R AND K on South Willow past Burgess Falls Dollar General. Top notch, no BS.
Honda Lady

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jan 8, 2013
If you are looking for a great mechanic Mark Bush on joe Rawlings rd is great and reasonable. I have used him for years.
Drpepper

Crossville, TN

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Thanks alot everybody, I have a honda and cookeville honda tries to screw me every time I go there. Bunch of real crooks!
yup yup

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Cookeville Transmission.
Those guys are amazing and do good work for a good price.
ripped off

Cookeville, TN

#13 Jan 8, 2013
South Willow Auto Clinic got my stereo stolen while they had my truck.
I paid over a thousand dollars for the work they did just that one time, not to mention all the trade I did with them from the time they opened up to this point. I even used some of the mechanics before they joined South Willow Auto clinic. My family memebers even used them.

I thought they would make the theft of my stereo right because they had possession of the truck.....no such luck. They blew off my request to make it right. I paid my bill but I regret even doing that. I'm sure they will do fine without my business, but it seems dishonorable to not replace a cheap radio that was stolen while it was in their care.

PS. It took years but I finally got every single member of my extended family to see it my way .... and find other mechanics.
happy customer

Lebanon, TN

#14 Jan 8, 2013
It really depends on if your going for the cheapest mechanic or the mechanic that has the most knowledge and is most trustworthy. I trust Doc's Auto and Phil Martin @ South Willow Auto Clinic. I have been to a lot of different mechanics in this town over the years and In my experience both shops have always done great work at a fair price. I may not always want to hear what they have to say but I know that my vehicle is in the best hands at either of these two shops.
IMHO

Cleveland, TN

#15 Jan 8, 2013
Santus Gore up in Dodson's Branch does good work. Does a lot of racing stuff, knows Japanese and older British and Italian cars. Good guy if you want something done right the first time. He's not cheap, but you get what you pay for, and he doesn't cut corners.
mommyof2

Cookeville, TN

#17 Jan 12, 2013
Mark Bush at Mark's Garage. Very honest and never over-charges.
Ron

Crossville, TN

#18 Jan 12, 2013
Lee Harville at
Cookeville Auto Salvage
1301 Shipley Rd, Cookeville, TN 38501
Wondering

United States

#19 Jan 13, 2013
The Bullingtons (Judd or Andy) on South Jeferson by the drivers testing station. They do foreign and domestic. 931-372-shop.
Tamara

York, SC

#20 Jan 20, 2013
Ive heard of one thats supposed to be coming to cookeville. A couple of small town guys are supposed to open a shop on the square sometime this year. I had them fix a couple of cars for me before. Really awesome people. I think their business is going to be called Automotive Elite.
express

Nebo, NC

#21 Jan 20, 2013
Express oil change and service center does great work and my bill was cheaper than he told me it would be. Best place I have ever been
Anonymous

Clarkrange, TN

#22 Jan 20, 2013
I got some work done at Bullington. Thought they did a great job. But I keep having to go back (and paying) for them to fix it. So I'm in the market for a good shop, too.
what

Kingsport, TN

#23 Jan 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
The Bullingtons (Judd or Andy) on South Jeferson by the drivers testing station. They do foreign and domestic. 931-372-shop.
Good guys, super nice but not great mechanics. Not cheap, expensive!!!!!
what

Kingsport, TN

#24 Jan 21, 2013
Drpepper wrote:
Is thier one in town or near, that a man can trust?
I have to come to the conclusion that there are NO honest mechanics in this town. Went to one mechanic on Steven street to get the brake replaced on my car. Got the car back and the brakes were rattling. Took it back to the mechanic and they said they had used a cheaper brake than what it had called for on my foreign car. They told me if I wanted the problem solved they would have to get the more expensive brakes. Had to pay for the brakes and labor again. Then I had the transmisson done at Willow Street Goodyear. A friend recommended them because they had told him that one of the guys there specialized in foreign cars. So I took it to them, they charged me extra to put it on a machine so they would know exactly what the problem was. Got the car back and the transmission was doing the same thing. Called the mechanic he told me to bring it back. Said they had forgot to reset a sensor. Cost me as much the second time as it did the first time for their mistake. The first time cost a fortune, couldn't believe they were charging me again for their mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Institutional wholesale company (May '11) 3 min Herald Cpap 385
Algood cop cheating on his wife 37 min Holla 3
Donald is going to nook those Noth Koreans 51 min Big Bucks 6
Now Hiring 4 hr the truth 7
Whatever became of Rick Moody 5 hr Jerry H 2
Church of Christ Women 5 hr Jerry H 81
Signature healthcare 6 hr Darth V 4
Shooting at Ficosa plant 3 victims so far... 22 hr gloria 154

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web