Bill to nullify federal gun laws in Tn.

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
listen

Sparta, TN

#1 Feb 23, 2013
Bill comes up for debate on 2/26/13. Call Brian Kelsey (Senate Judiciary Committee) & demand he vote yes to support this. If he does not support it & move it forward it will die in committee. Calls can be made over the weekend also.
http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/02/...
Joe

Cookeville, TN

#3 Feb 25, 2013
listen wrote:
Bill comes up for debate on 2/26/13. Call Brian Kelsey (Senate Judiciary Committee) & demand he vote yes to support this. If he does not support it & move it forward it will die in committee. Calls can be made over the weekend also.
What is it about you idiots who have zero comprehension of how our society operates. You think some dimwit can just make up some BS law and everything is dandy. Low information voters. I wonder why they they call them that??? Call and support this idiot if it makes you feel better because that's all it will do.
listen

Sparta, TN

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Barry wrote:
Federal law supersedes state law.
Nope, not always. If the law is unconstitutional it can be nullified by the states.
http://politicalpistachio.blogspot.com/2011/0...
listen

Sparta, TN

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it about you idiots who have zero comprehension of how our society operates. You think some dimwit can just make up some BS law and everything is dandy. Low information voters. I wonder why they they call them that??? Call and support this idiot if it makes you feel better because that's all it will do.
What part of this don't you understand? Or, better yet, is there any of it at all you do understand?
Joe

Cookeville, TN

#6 Feb 25, 2013
listen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not always. If the law is unconstitutional it can be nullified by the states.
http://politicalpistachio.blogspot.com/2011/0...
Ahh! The political pistachio. A real bastion of non-partisan politics. How many times do you need to be let down by these right wing kooks before you realize you've been had?
listen

Sparta, TN

#7 Feb 25, 2013
Barry wrote:
If obama signs and congress approves a International Gun Treaty it will put the United Nations in control of our guns.
It would take a two thirds majority to pass this treaty. I doubt they would get that, at least I hope not.
listen

Sparta, TN

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh! The political pistachio. A real bastion of non-partisan politics. How many times do you need to be let down by these right wing kooks before you realize you've been had?
This is not the only website, there's plenty more.
Joe

Cookeville, TN

#9 Feb 25, 2013
listen wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of this don't you understand? Or, better yet, is there any of it at all you do understand?
Here's what I understand:

The Political Pistachio's Doug Gibbs
BIO:

Douglas V. Gibbs is a Radio Host on KCAA 1050 AM on Saturdays with his Constitution Radio program. The radio show is also carried by affiliate stations KCXL (Kansas City, Missouri) and WHTH (Youngstown, Ohio). Doug is also a longtime Internet radio host, conservative political activist, writer and commentator. Doug is the founder of the award winning Political Pistachio website, and a free lance newspaper columnist for the Murrieta Patch and The Central Idaho Post. He also writes for Canada Free Press, Conservative Crusader, Conservative Alerts, Conservative Network News, Christian Response Alerts, and The Examiner. He has been featured on the American Family Association's OneNewsNow news portal a number of times. Doug is a member of the “American Authors Association”, the “Committee of Concerned Journalists” and “The Military Writers Society of America.” He received the Golden Anchor Award for his patriotic commentary in 2008, and was a candidate for his local Murrieta City Council in 2010. An active member of the Tea Party Movement, Doug mans a Constitution Booth at Tea Party events, is a public speaker on the U.S. Constitution, and teaches various classes on the U.S. Constitution in the Inland Empire of Southern California. Doug is a family man, married 28 years to his high school sweetheart. He is the father of two and has four grandchildren. Doug is a proud United States Navy veteran.

Where was this man educated. Why would you take constitutionality advice from a guy who has no constitutional education. Suddenly this guy became a constitutional expert because why???

But lets look at the Obama's qualifications:

• Law degree-Yes Mr. Gibbs has none!
• Taught constitutional law from 1992 to 2004 at the University of Chicago Law School. Mr. Gibbs wasn't even taught constitutional law.
• graduated magna cum laude[45] from Harvard in 1991.

Mr Gibbs may be a family man, married 28 years to his high school sweetheart and a father of two and has four grandchildren. And also a proud United States Navy veteran. But this guy has no business dispensing constitutionality advice to anyone.

This is what understand. I believe it's you who may be misunderstanding.
listen

Sparta, TN

#10 Feb 25, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I understand:

But lets look at the Obama's qualifications:
• Law degree-Yes Mr. Gibbs has none!
• Taught constitutional law from 1992 to 2004 at the University of Chicago Law School. Mr. Gibbs wasn't even taught constitutional law.
• graduated magna cum laude[45] from Harvard in 1991.
Have you seen any of this proof? BTW, who was his teacher? Was it anybody reputable?
Joe

Cookeville, TN

#11 Feb 26, 2013
listen wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen any of this proof? BTW, who was his teacher? Was it anybody reputable?
You may have some doubts about Obama's education. Most racist rednecks do. But make no mistake, this Gibbs character leaves no doubt that he is self educated when it comes to constitutional law. Just as is the entire Tea Party. Graduated cum laude at Harvard or self educated, by himself, in his mama's basement. I know who I would put my money on. And I know who you would put yours on. LOL
Really

Birmingham, AL

#12 Feb 26, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have some doubts about Obama's education. Most racist rednecks do. But make no mistake, this Gibbs character leaves no doubt that he is self educated when it comes to constitutional law. Just as is the entire Tea Party. Graduated cum laude at Harvard or self educated, by himself, in his mama's basement. I know who I would put my money on. And I know who you would put yours on. LOL
So much for the party of tolerance huh? You were asked a simple direct question, but instead of providing anything useful your second statement brings up racism and then you classify someone else with a derogatory term. Kind hypocritical wouldnt you say? You wouldnt say that because you are one that talks a good talk but cant walk the walk.

The reason you cant provide an answer is simple, he has sealed everything about his life, you are not the only one that has no clue on these things. Personally I dont care where he went to school, how he graduated. I do know just from what i live everyday and see that he isnt good for the country. Your next post will of course bring up Bush so before you even start tell me exactly why is it Odumbo is any better than Bush? I really cant tell that much difference in either, both are liars both have fleeced this country.
Joe

Cookeville, TN

#13 Feb 26, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for the party of tolerance huh? You were asked a simple direct question, but instead of providing anything useful your second statement brings up racism and then you classify someone else with a derogatory term. Kind hypocritical wouldnt you say? You wouldnt say that because you are one that talks a good talk but cant walk the walk.
The reason you cant provide an answer is simple, he has sealed everything about his life, you are not the only one that has no clue on these things. Personally I dont care where he went to school, how he graduated. I do know just from what i live everyday and see that he isnt good for the country. Your next post will of course bring up Bush so before you even start tell me exactly why is it Odumbo is any better than Bush? I really cant tell that much difference in either, both are liars both have fleeced this country.
Party of Tolerance. Where do you dig this crap up. It doesn't take a dog to hear the GOP racist dog whistles. The right has questioned every thing about Obama, trying to delegitimize him. Sorry, more popular now than ever. Does it ever cross your mind that you are wrong. Please post your transcripts of your educational career. Then I will make the decision whether I believe them or not. How's that? Your upset that he won't turn over his transcripts for his college education, but I'll bet you were completely satisfied with Romney giving 1 year of tax returns. I remember hearing that his tax returns were private. Hmmmm. IOKIYR!!!
listen

Sparta, TN

#14 Feb 26, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
this Gibbs character leaves no doubt that he is self educated when it comes to constitutional law.
Probably so, & very good at it might I add. Like I said in above post, there are other websites you can visit that verify his same thoughts.
listen

Sparta, TN

#15 Feb 26, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The right has questioned every thing about Obama, trying to delegitimize him. Sorry, more popular now than ever.
Nope, no truth to this! Nice try.
I know American History

Greer, SC

#16 Feb 26, 2013
listen wrote:
You do know that the issue of Nullification was settled by Andrew Jackson in 1832, right?
Joe

Cookeville, TN

#17 Feb 27, 2013
listen wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably so, & very good at it might I add. Like I said in above post, there are other websites you can visit that verify his same thoughts.
This coming from another uneducated constitutional scholar. How do you know he's good at it? Do you take medical advice from the cashier at Walmart. Same thing. Other sites? It's the internet, dude! Every body's an expert, right?
Joe

Cookeville, TN

#18 Feb 27, 2013
listen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, no truth to this! Nice try.
Bwaaaaahaaaaaa. Yea right!
Mud Slinger

Cookeville, TN

#19 Feb 27, 2013
Tn Attorney General Robert Cooper says that federal law trumps state laws and that it is unconstitutional for the state of Tn to nullify federal gun laws. So, if the federal level votes for gun control then Tn has gun control laws to follow!!!

www.wpln.org Look under news.
Joe

Cookeville, TN

#20 Feb 27, 2013
Mud Slinger wrote:
Tn Attorney General Robert Cooper says that federal law trumps state laws and that it is unconstitutional for the state of Tn to nullify federal gun laws. So, if the federal level votes for gun control then Tn has gun control laws to follow!!!
www.wpln.org Look under news.
Doug Gibbs, the world famous constitutional wingnut begs to differ. And if any one in the Tea Party knows it's him. The Political Pistachio is even more powerful than the supreme court. I'll bet he would have struck down ObamaCare!!! Right Barry?
Really

Birmingham, AL

#21 Feb 27, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Party of Tolerance. Where do you dig this crap up. It doesn't take a dog to hear the GOP racist dog whistles. The right has questioned every thing about Obama, trying to delegitimize him. Sorry, more popular now than ever. Does it ever cross your mind that you are wrong. Please post your transcripts of your educational career. Then I will make the decision whether I believe them or not. How's that? Your upset that he won't turn over his transcripts for his college education, but I'll bet you were completely satisfied with Romney giving 1 year of tax returns. I remember hearing that his tax returns were private. Hmmmm. IOKIYR!!!
You lose any legitimacy when you try to call someone out for using a generalizing term by using one yourself. Obama could have ended all of it by releasing them though, correct? As far as Romney goes, no I dont care to see his tax returns for that matter I could care less about Obama's tax returns. The question here, which you will side step, is why does the "most transparent" president ever feel the need to lock every record back to grade school up?

I didnt know my educational background was in question here as it has nothing to do with the question posed to you. Like most, you choose not to answer but deflect to something that has 0 to do with the topic. Its not even a good or fair comparison I do not lead the nation. Same question to you, do you ever feel you are wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A few local homewreckers on this site. 8 hr brandon 12
Academy Sports + Outdoors 700 New jobs coming (Aug '14) 19 hr Tenured 60
good mom and pop restaurants in cookeville? (Oct '10) 19 hr Smith 11
they anyone that can tell me to get a box of food Tue Lifeishardsometimes 2
Chris and Amy lewis"s kids (Sep '10) Tue Truth seeker 32
ZAXBYS Algood, Not sure about it. Thoughts? Mon nutzaplente 7
Kisha Buck (Mar '16) Mon RockyRoad 8

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance