State & County Elections

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Casual Observer

Monterey, TN

#1 Jan 25, 2010
Looks like Vern Crabtree is dropping out of the County Executive race, leaving Dennis Tennant and Kim Blaylock to battle it out. Also, there appears to be a Republican named Bill Cody jumping into the state rep race. Anyone know anything about him?
Fincher Fan

Monterey, TN

#2 Jan 26, 2010
Henry Fincher will crush this Bill Cody fellow. From what little anyone knows about Cody, his only credential is that he is a retired Marine who hasn't kept a steady job and has been living in motels. He isn't known and he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Once again, the Repugs have really picked themselves a winner. Should be fun to watch.
Teacher

Monterey, TN

#3 Jan 26, 2010
Wonder if Vern will try to keep his school board seat.
Republican Train wreck

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jan 27, 2010
The only two horses in the state house race are Fincher and Judd this Cody guy is a spoiler and with the help of the Putnam Republican Party will just help Finchers chances of keeping office. Another stupid move by our local republican party to help the local democrat party keep their strangle hold on our County. If the Republicans were smart they would get Judd to run as a republican to make his chances of beating Fincher higher. With a dead horse roped to Judds saddle Fincher will run away with the race. You need to ask yourself if Fincher asked someone to get in as a republican just to split Judds vote?
Rumor Mill

Monterey, TN

#5 Jan 27, 2010
Rumor has it that this Cody fellow does not have much support from the Putnam County Republicans. Word is that he just went on his own and pulled a petition. Cody sounds like a loose cannon. I doubt if Fincher's people are behind it.

The best thing the Republicans could do at this point would be to convince Judd to switch over and run as a Republican. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch because, according to some, Judd had considered running as a Republican at the outset.
Teacher

Monterey, TN

#6 Jan 27, 2010
Teacher wrote:
Wonder if Vern will try to keep his school board seat.
Guess not if he's going to manage Greg Cooper's campaign for Sheriff.
Gee Whiz

Monterey, TN

#7 Jan 30, 2010
Sarah Palin, George Bush, Byron Looper. Republicans are a joke.
I hear things

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jan 31, 2010
I hear Judd is thinking of stepping out of the Fincher race. Anyone know his plan? Maby he will go republican now?
Donkey Poop

Monterey, TN

#9 Feb 2, 2010
Gee Whiz wrote:
You really do need some new material. George Bush is no longer the president. Sarah Palin is neither the governor of Alaska nor a candidate for any office. And you're still bringing up the Byron Looper thing twelve years later. Maybe its only thing local Democrat hardliners have left. Perhaps you would be interested to know that before moving to Putnam County, Byron Looper ran for office in Georgia--as a Democrat.

Nationally, the Democrats are a disgrace. Obama's numbers are in the toilet, Bart Gordon and quite a few other Dems are getting out while the getting's good and Pelosi is a national laughingstock. The Democrats completely misread the public in 2006 and 2008 and have since tried to ram an extreme leftwing agenda down America's throat. Democrats are completely out of touch with the American public and they are going to pay big time this November.

And you're still talking about Bush and Looper. Sheesh!
Jeffery Judd is Bad News

Kenosha, WI

#10 Feb 2, 2010
I firmly believe as a district, as a community, youd be better off is this Jeffery Judd dropped out. You dont even know this man. I do, and I can tell you, hes not at all the person he presents himself to be. One only has to do a bit of digging to find the truth behind the show. Not even his own wife knows what kind of man she married. Jeffery Judd is pure evil.
What

Monterey, TN

#11 Feb 3, 2010
Jeffery Judd is Bad News wrote:
I firmly believe as a district, as a community, youd be better off is this Jeffery Judd dropped out. You dont even know this man. I do, and I can tell you, hes not at all the person he presents himself to be. One only has to do a bit of digging to find the truth behind the show. Not even his own wife knows what kind of man she married. Jeffery Judd is pure evil.
Do you have any evidence? If so, please share it.
Casual Observer

Monterey, TN

#12 Feb 3, 2010
Now it appears that Ricky Shelton will be entering the race for State Rep. He and Bill Cody will compete in the Republican primary. The winner will go on to face Henry Fincher and Jeffery Judd.
Jeffery Judd is Bad News

Kenosha, WI

#13 Feb 4, 2010
Well to answer your question, yes, I do. Most of it is located in Public Records. Like his children. The only one he seems to be claiming as his own, is not even his Biological child. His first child was born in 1986, when Mr. Judd was 14. He didnt start paying support till he was Court Ordered to do so, sometime in the early 90s. So when he speaks of Moral Values, I laugh. Id like to save the really juicy stuff for later, just in case he chooses to stay in the race. Let it also be known that "I want NOTHING from this man" That's why I choose to stay anonymous. Politics is a corrupt business, in that respect, Mr. Judd is perfect for the job, however, he is portraying himself as a good and honorable man, and well, I just feel that your community deserves better.
citizen

Cookeville, TN

#14 Feb 4, 2010
Gee Whiz wrote:
I have one even better....Obama....ha-ha.
Not A Fan

Zion, IL

#15 Feb 4, 2010
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one even better....Obama....ha-ha.
LOL That one is just so funny......
Not A Fan

Zion, IL

#16 Feb 4, 2010
I hear things wrote:
I hear Judd is thinking of stepping out of the Fincher race. Anyone know his plan? Maby he will go republican now?

This is funny, have you not figured out how to use "Spell Check"
Leg work

Zion, IL

#17 Feb 4, 2010
What wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any evidence? If so, please share it.
:(
backwards

Jamestown, TN

#18 Feb 17, 2010
Leg work wrote:
<quoted text>
:(
vern crabtree should run for county executive/mayor then he could host swingers parties in the courthouse
Questions

Monterey, TN

#19 Feb 19, 2010
If Henry Fincher is running for re-election to his House seat and Ricky Shelton is planning to run against him, why are neither one of them campaigning? Also, if Charlotte Burks is running for another term in the state senate and she also appears to have an opponent, why isn't she making an effort to campaign?
Go Bill

Monterey, TN

#20 Feb 19, 2010
Rumor Mill wrote:
Rumor has it that this Cody fellow does not have much support from the Putnam County Republicans.
Maybe the Putnam Republicans should reconsider. Rumors are growing that although Ricky Shelton has announced as a Republican, he is really a closet Democrat who is in cahoots with Henry Fincher and Charlotte Burks. Apparently, the three of them are planning a last-minute switcheroo in which Burks will retire, Fincher will run for her senate seat and Shelton will coast into Fincher's house seat and switch parties after the election.

Bill Cody may be an underdog, but at least he is a real Republican. Go Bill Cody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cummins Filtration/Johnny Bull 35 min Concerned friend ... 10
Sure am glad I'm White 1 hr Keba1976 2
Butch chaffin must go 3 hr poor parent 5
Why liberals are wrong about Trump 4 hr Surrounded By Idiots 34
No money for teachers but plenty for land+const... 6 hr Educated Atheist 58
David Ray harris 7 hr History man 1
?illegals in Cookeville? 11 hr resident 208

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance