Racist Magazines at TTUs Library
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Village Genius

Cookeville, TN

#24 Oct 29, 2012
headdesk wrote:
Using bystander's logic, 99% of the black people in America aren't black. Why does white take dominance over the other race? You'd be biracial, not white, and identify as your dominant race (whatever you looked more like; biracial white, biracial black). Quit pretending to know anything about how biology or the law works.
I admit my ignorance. Can you please explain the biological and legal definition of "black" as a racial category?
thomas

Tracy City, TN

#25 Oct 29, 2012
If you have a white parent you def. aint black.
Tyrone

Cookeville, TN

#26 Oct 29, 2012
Obama is a zebra
really

Florham Park, NJ

#27 Oct 29, 2012
Agree. Obama is as much white as he is black.
linda

Cookeville, TN

#28 Oct 29, 2012
Are we really nitpicking over who is black and who isn't? The point of this topic was that TTU has magazines that are specifically targeted to black people and that are known to have racially motivated columns. Ebony had an article not too long back about a white woman (basically labeled a whiny little bitch, by the write of the article) who filed a complaint against a restaurant because a black cashier referred to her as "some white lady." Could you image if the roles were reversed? And this story was published in a magazine called "Ivory"? Every human rights organization in America would have a field day!
Village Genius

Cookeville, TN

#29 Oct 29, 2012
linda wrote:
Are we really nitpicking over who is black and who isn't? The point of this topic was that TTU has magazines that are specifically targeted to black people and that are known to have racially motivated. Could you image if the roles were reversed? And this story was published in a magazine called "Ivory"? Every human rights organization in America would have a field day!
Here's the difference. When white people make these kinds of arguments, they sound like racist idiots. And that's usually because they are.
however

Florham Park, NJ

#30 Oct 29, 2012
Village Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the difference. When white people make these kinds of arguments, they sound like racist idiots. And that's usually because they are.
But racist blacks can make the same arguments and its ok cause they're black. It's messed up.
Whitey

Cookeville, TN

#31 Oct 29, 2012
what wrote:
Why does TTU have Ebony, Essence, and Sister-Sister, magazines that have an obvious bias for black people? I happened to flip theough the pages of Ebony and found a colum claiming that white people can't be racially targeted. WHAT? Racism goes both ways. Where's all of the Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Hawaiian targeted magazines?
They do have several white magazines: Fortune, Southern Living, NASCAR illustrated.....
what

Cookeville, TN

#32 Oct 30, 2012
Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
They do have several white magazines: Fortune, Southern Living, NASCAR illustrated.....
None of those are white magazines. Really old and irrelevant argument is really old and irrelevant.
IT guy

Collierville, TN

#33 Oct 30, 2012
You want a White magazine? Read People, Time, Car and driver, any magazine other than the ones you mentioned. Want a White tv station? Watch any station other than BET or the WB. Its ridiculous to say we don't have White TV.. Hell fox news is the BET for whites.
AGREE

Johnson City, TN

#34 Nov 1, 2012
Successful Black Chick wrote:
Do I smell some sarcasm? We have a black president and countless other black political figures, black celebrities, and black people with more money than Donald Trump. There comes a time when black people (or people of any ethnicity, really) have to stop blaming their shitty situations on perceived "racism" and start taking some accountability for the way their lives have turned out and how they're treated. Most of the black people who still play the race card are wannabe gang bangers, punks, and thugs who speak in ebonics and treat everybody like crap, then cry that they're being discriminated against when people tell them to quit acting like a n**ger. Well no shit! Respect is as easy as putting some damn effort into how you want to be seen by society. If you want to act like a n**ger, which is essentially the black version of a white trash redneck, then that's your right but don't get your panties in a wad when people treat you like one.
I couldn't agree with you more. I am so sick of the double standards by the black people in this country. There is such reverse racism by the blacks. Look at Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton. If a white man got on tv and acted like these two morons; the black people would be rioting in the streets. It is time for the white people to quit putting up with this SH*T! Don't be racist but don't put up with the blacks and their rasicm. It is time to QUIT playing the race card. Black people have it made in this country.
linda

Cookeville, TN

#35 Nov 1, 2012
IT guy wrote:
You want a White magazine? Read People, Time, Car and driver, any magazine other than the ones you mentioned. Want a White tv station? Watch any station other than BET or the WB. Its ridiculous to say we don't have White TV.. Hell fox news is the BET for whites.
None of these are specific to white people.
get real

Johnson City, TN

#36 Nov 1, 2012
Village Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the biggest idiots I have ever heard. Most black people are racist. This should be unacceptable by either race. Black people should not put up racism from white people but white people should not put up with racism from black people. It is time to call black people out on their behavior and put a stop to this. I tired of hearing about how they were slaves and all this bs. No black person today has suffered any of this so shut up. It would be like me crying about how my ancestors were Indians and how they got ran off their land bs. Blacks have all the same opportunties as anyone else. It is up to them to make what they want out of it. No more tolerance for reverse racism.
ahem

United States

#37 Nov 1, 2012
Can't we all just get along?
joker

United States

#38 Nov 1, 2012
The library also carries these magazines.
Should we boycott the library and all of their usefulness because some racist people don't think it's fair to have magazines geared toward a certain demographic?
There are also magazines for Hispanics, Asians, and others.
Hair style magazines?! Boycott salons!
Find something better to do with your time Romney-lovers.
get real

Johnson City, TN

#39 Nov 1, 2012
ahem wrote:
Can't we all just get along?
Haha! Imagine a Rodney King reference.
Tommy Swift

Cookeville, TN

#40 Nov 1, 2012
I am outraged!
Are these racist magazines meant to attract black women to our library when I am trying to study? How is a man supposed to study when gorgeous black women are reading magazines ?
Do you know what they do once they come to the library?
The other day one exceptionally beautiful woman , probably after reading those d*** magazines,smiled at me and said "Hello ". How am I supposed to study after facing a beautiful brown eyed racist like that ?!
Then they fill their racist magazines with racist women like Lori Jones and Halle Berry! Our young men are looking at pictures of these racists when they should be studying!
I have a modest proposal: ban these accursed magazines before more of these women come to the library and I am forced to ask them out.
Village Genius

Cookeville, TN

#41 Nov 1, 2012
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the biggest idiots I have ever heard. Most black people are racist.
I may have been the biggest idiot until you said that. Now you're the king of all idiots.
thomas

Tracy City, TN

#42 Nov 1, 2012
IT guy wrote:
Every magazine and tv station you mentioned have blacks in them. I agree if someone tried to start a tv station called white entertainment blacks would pitch a fit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle jones 1 hr Melissa 8
cheapest vet for dogs to get spayed? (Oct '11) 2 hr Sadie 9
anything exciting in Cookeville? 4 hr zrl 6
Sheriff Farris Leaving? 9 hr Well well 4
Snopes blows their credibility. (Oct '12) 13 hr Truth 52
The Access Program 14 hr Lawson 3
who is the easiest girl in cookeville? (May '13) 18 hr Beauregard 65
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages