nashville pain center at cookeville
Jackson

United States

#44 Sep 2, 2012
Patient of NPC Cookeville wrote:
I see Rachel 100% of the time. She is more than capable as a provider. I know that if you go to a pain center like the one in Antioch, you will end up seeing an FNP/NP anyways.
It is obvious you are not a patient. It insteadn Rachel herselfmornher husband. Whonworksmin her office living off her coat tails
hurting bad

Livingston, TN

#45 Sep 25, 2012
peewee wrote:
just what we need.another pill head gettin pills and sellin them. no doubt us taxpayers r buyin them 4 u.thanks 4 lettin us keep ur sorry ass up
well i guess this piece of CRAP has never worked hard enough to hurt his back or neck so he has no right to judge a person that has pain forever ...so he or she can go to hell....
Patient of NPC- Male 52

Livingston, TN

#46 Oct 4, 2012
Definitely not a pill pushing operation. Rachel is great. Very knowledgeable and actually listens to patients. I have been going there for 15 months. No pain meds, just nerve blocks for Occipital Neuralgia and Epidural Injections for nerve damage at L5-S1 due to multiple failed spinal fusions due to osteoporosis (from a pituitary tumor). Dr. Homolya does the injections and I like him a lot. He always lays out my options and leaves it to me to decide what I will or will not allow him to do.
Also, if I remember correctly I had to sign an agreement during my first visit which required that I show up within 24 hours of being called to give a urine sample for drug testing. In addition, patients must also bring in their pain meds to be counted to make sure they are not taking too many. Even though I don't do pain meds, I have had to go in twice for the drug screen. Nothing to hide, so I didn't mind. But if someone is trying to abuse the system, they won't make it far at NPC Cookeville. In fact I have witnessed first hand patients being sent away because they failed to follow their agreement. Boy do they get mad!
baffled

Cookeville, TN

#47 Oct 4, 2012
peewee wrote:
just what we need.another pill head gettin pills and sellin them. no doubt us taxpayers r buyin them 4 u.thanks 4 lettin us keep ur sorry ass up
Not everyone who goes to pain clinics are junkies or drug dealers. There are people out there that are in legitimate pain, & we actually hate the people that do abuse the system like that because it makes it more difficult for people who truly need help with pain to get the help they need. I have been going to a pain clinic for a few months because I have a horrific case of sciatica. I pay for my private insurance, my deductible, & my medications. The only taxpayer paying for my treatment is me. It is also not just pills, they offer procedures such as back injections & exercises to decrease the amount pain you are in & the amount of pain medication one needs to be able to function fully on a daily basis & continue being a productive member of society.
Patient of NPC- Male 52

Livingston, TN

#48 Oct 5, 2012
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to post please be correct in what you say. Rachel is a very nice lady. Rachael also DOES prescribe narcotics to every patient. Our offices refer to the pain clinic and 100% of them receive pain Meds from Rachel. Some of them have been over sedated by her. As nice as Rachel may be, she still works in a pill mill
Rachel DOES NOT prescribe narcotics to every patient. I have not been prescribed pain meds in my 15 months there. Neither have a couple of people I go to church with. As a pastor, I have seen those whose pain is so life altering that I praise God for medications that ease their suffering. Also, I have dealt with people who have pain, but seek out pain meds to numb ALL the pains in their lives. If I thought for one minute that Rachel and NPC Cookeville were pushing pills on those folks, I would never step foot in the place again.
huh

United States

#49 Oct 5, 2012
huh
ckk

Crossville, TN

#50 Oct 9, 2012
Just curious wrote:
I have had very bad back pain which has steadily gotten worse the last 3 years(I have 2 ruptured discs and nerve damage). I see my family dr every month, but he has now referred me to the NASHVILLE PAIN CENTER AT COOKEVILLE. I have an appointment in early September and I was just wondering if anyone has been to them and how they felt about the treatment they received from the doctors? I'm relieved I'm finally going to have something done, but at the same time a little nervous only because I've never been to a pain clinic and just really don't know what to expect? Any info at all on this place would be great! Thanks ya'll:) I would like to say though I have spoken to them 3 different times and the receptionist is a sweetheart and was very helpful with anything and everything and they got me in within a week of my dr faxing the referral to them.
I have been going to NPC for a year. My first appt. was Oct 6, 2011. You just can't get a better group of people to help you manage your chronic and breakthrough pain. Rachel is amazing and does everything in her power to help me. I have several types of arthritis, low back pain (even after surgery), Lupus, CVID (a rare Immune System disease), Intercostal Neuropathy and Fibromyalgia...just to name a few of my pain issues. She prescribes meds, gives injections, among so many other helpful procedures....she understands chronic pain better than anyone I have ever seen. There is a Physician that comes from Nashville on Mondays to perform procedures Ms. Rachel is not certified to administer. THE STAFF IS AMAZING... Hope you like NPC as much as I do.

Since: Aug 10

Crossville, TN

#51 Oct 9, 2012
Sharpie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Rachel a doctor, nurse, or PA? Is there a doctor there that supervises?
Ms. Rachel is a CNP. There is a physician that comes only on Mondays for procedures Rachel is not certified to do. I have been going there for 1 year this month. So much better than the pain centers in Crossville.
Wait time is always less than 15 min. She spends adequate time with her patients and she know her stuff...she is working with her patients to decrease their pain level and help us to function more normally. She does prescribe pain meds, but her practice is not limited to meds; she does injections, creams, gels, advises exercise and therapy plans....Rachel became the second most important person in my "Pain Mngmnt Team," I am the first most important.
Her staff is amazing, never disrespectful, very friendly, accomodating, curteous, and truly compassionate people. I will be going to [email protected] until I am no longer on this earth....to me that says alot!
The Pain Center that used to be at Crossville Med. Group did there job, but the wait time was horrible; most appts. I sat for at least 45 m - 2 hrs before being called to an exam room, then I had to wait at least 15 min. for the NP to see me. AS YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE IN PAIN...waiting and sitting just doesn't cut it!!!!
Need a new Dr for pain

Cookeville, TN

#53 Mar 20, 2013
I live in Jackson Co. and have been travelling every month to Lebanon for 12 years now. How long is it usually to get a first appt? I think this is great that Cookeville now has a clinic. Severe arthritis has plagued me for about 30 years and 12 years ago, couldn't handle it no more. I just hope they will give the same meds i have been on all this time. FNP's is all i have seen there and have no problem trusting my health to them.
wow

Cookeville, TN

#54 Mar 20, 2013
i highly recommend u go there they take medicare and they will help your pain of course u knowit cant be stopped

Since: Aug 10

Crossville, TN

#55 Apr 18, 2013
Need a new Dr for pain wrote:
I live in Jackson Co. and have been travelling every month to Lebanon for 12 years now. How long is it usually to get a first appt? I think this is great that Cookeville now has a clinic. Severe arthritis has plagued me for about 30 years and 12 years ago, couldn't handle it no more. I just hope they will give the same meds i have been on all this time. FNP's is all i have seen there and have no problem trusting my health to them.
I did not see your post until today, but wanted to tell you that it did take a few weeks for me to get an appointment. This was not due to [email protected], but due to my Medicare and BCBST and having to get a waiver from BCBST b/c the clinic is not on the preferred list. You will look forward to your appointments and feel the support from everyone in the office. Everyone is friendly, professional, and compassionate. I always feel as though I am the only patient there during my appts; time management is devoted to each patient, thus you will not be left sitting in a little room waiting for an hour or more. There is a physician on staff, he is there on Mondays for procedures such as nerve injections, etc. Rachel has done all of my joint and muscle injections, but we talked last appt about an epidural which is done by the physician.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and am praying that you get the help you need.
GGG

Morehead, KY

#56 Sep 27, 2013
is this place still a good place to go to?

please email me the info [email protected]
hurtin bad

Livingston, TN

#57 Dec 30, 2013
I think the bitch Rachel should not be able to work with dogs...all she does is give you pain dope that will make you dopey...and then take them away from you.and just laugh about it..if her hubby died or divorced her he's better off....this is just my opinion
DeDominicis

Cookeville, TN

#58 Jan 21, 2014
Why on earth would you want Nashville anything doing anything but spending money in Cookeville?
catfish

Cookeville, TN

#59 Jul 11, 2014
they are all very nice there and very helpful and i have been a patient there for a few years but i have noticed sloppy urine test handling after giving a sample you put it in a box for them to collect it and more then six time in the last year there has been more then one sample in the box not a good practice for accuracy .now to get to my point something has been happening to my samples and they have not explained to me what is wrong but they have been changing my meds witch was ok till the last change it feels like im going to die i have been taking pain meds for eight years now i have no idea what they gave me but man am i sick cant sleep my hart is raising im twitching all over sweating bad cold then hot my head hurts it feels like im going to die .......and there not open to day to find out what to do i think im going to die ....... what the hell should i do.....
question

United States

#61 Jul 13, 2014
catfish wrote:
they are all very nice there and very helpful and i have been a patient there for a few years but i have noticed sloppy urine test handling after giving a sample you put it in a box for them to collect it and more then six time in the last year there has been more then one sample in the box not a good practice for accuracy .now to get to my point something has been happening to my samples and they have not explained to me what is wrong but they have been changing my meds witch was ok till the last change it feels like im going to die i have been taking pain meds for eight years now i have no idea what they gave me but man am i sick cant sleep my hart is raising im twitching all over sweating bad cold then hot my head hurts it feels like im going to die .......and there not open to day to find out what to do i think im going to die ....... what the hell should i do.....
So what did you do?
catfish

Cookeville, TN

#62 Jul 14, 2014
question wrote:
<quoted text>
So what did you do?
i pulled the patch off after 28 hours felt better in about an hour but i coughed foamy blood for two days but i feel better today just in allot of pain but i dont feel like im going to die anymore ..........and know one has called me from there office but maybe there busy today.
notapilljunkie

Cookeville, TN

#63 Jul 14, 2014
I walk out of there each month with a prescription for 400 hydros.....my back feels great!
question

Cookeville, TN

#64 Jul 15, 2014
catfish wrote:
<quoted text>i pulled the patch off after 28 hours felt better in about an hour but i coughed foamy blood for two days but i feel better today just in allot of pain but i dont feel like im going to die anymore ..........and know one has called me from there office but maybe there busy today.
I'm sorry, but coughing up blood is not okay. You should inform them of this, but glad you feel better. Don't leave it up to the office to contact you.
Boo

Cookeville, TN

#65 Jul 15, 2014
notapilljunkie wrote:
I walk out of there each month with a prescription for 400 hydros.....my back feels great!
Chris Dunn, is that you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHS Football 10 min Jesse 1
Cookeville football youth 6 hr MC Club Pres 84
Family Snitching on you? 6 hr MC Club Pres 2
Motorcycle gangs are stupid 6 hr MC Club Pres 7
aphena pharma solutions ( pre pak) (Apr '12) 10 hr On and on 39
Kent Boyd (Jul '09) 12 hr Ben Dover 2
Current Cookeville Police Officers... (Sep '11) 12 hr Purple Reign 202
Chad Huddleston 23 hr Jump 61

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web