thats life

Baxter, TN

#21 Jan 27, 2011
Temps come a dime a dozen . Easily replaced. They know if they dont like it where the door is. Thats the way companies feel. Tutco is going to be out of the crankcase department soon and will have to put full time somewhere. Temps will go out the door. OR knowing tutco ,they will find a reason to get rid of dedicated full time and keep the temps so they want have to pay for benefits. Anyone know for sure? Im just a temp, but this is all everyone in the factory talks about. If you make it as a temp you are lucky. The full time people wont help you. It is like they resent you for being there. sorry but I need a job to. this day and time you take what you can get
where did it go

Baxter, TN

#22 May 26, 2011
??????
truth

Cookeville, TN

#23 May 30, 2011
Where did the old Tutco topix go. Who has the power to change the sight and erase everything. Someone that is trying to hide the truth!!!
where did it go wrote:
??????

Cookeville, TN

#24 Jun 2, 2011
They not going to be hiring anyone... They have posted that permant lay off will be starting soon with no call back... They are sending everything to mexico...
curious

Cookeville, TN

#25 Jun 2, 2011
Guest wrote:
They not going to be hiring anyone... They have posted that permant lay off will be starting soon with no call back... They are sending everything to mexico...
Where did you get this information? Is it just temps or everyone? When does this go into affect. Sad!
temp

High Point, NC

#26 Jun 2, 2011
It its asking for ppl to VOLUNTEER FOR THE LAYOFF DOESN'T say it us permanent day no recall date

Since: Jun 11

Gainesboro, TN

#27 Jun 7, 2011
be thankful you got a job some people cant find one if you dont like it and are miserable maybe its time to move on and GET OVER IT!!!!!!!
bss

Baxter, TN

#28 Jun 26, 2011
i get so tired of people saying be thankful for what you have. there are jobs! people can work. it may not be what you want to do , you may even have to shovel crap, but there are jobs. you may even have to work two of them, but there are other jobs.mztb must be from management. they are the ones who feed us the crap of how lucky we are. lucky to have a job...yes. happy to be working at a place of broken promises and liars? i dont think so. happiness and peace of mind, working in a lower income environment means more than working for or with people who are miserable and unkind. this is a place where some people who work there can admit the truth of how they are treated since everyones to afraid to tell management how they really feel. so mtzb ....kiss my !!!
tina456

Manchester, TN

#29 Jun 26, 2011
i worked there in2005 for 6monthes as a temp. they were going to mex. then..

Since: Jun 11

Cookeville, TN

#30 Jun 26, 2011
Many companys in america utilize a staffing service. This allows them to filter employees, as well as save money, and increases bottom line. People are viewed as mere trainable monkeys in todays work force. Anyone can and will be replaced with little retraining in todays workforce.
bsm

Baxter, TN

#31 Jun 27, 2011
The talk has "always been thier going to mexico! Aint happened yet. from what I hear, thats the last thing they want to do . Trying to keep peoples jobs in Cookeville. If it happens, oh well. Aint gonna worry about rumors.
auto

Baxter, TN

#32 Jun 28, 2011
How many people are they laying off? Has anyone volunteered?
Worker

Cookeville, TN

#33 Jul 19, 2011
Why did Tutco layoff everyone for a week during the fourth of July? I heard the factory is not getting enough work. I've been told the owner was a ex-sheriff of Putnam county is this true?

soooooo

Baxter, TN

#34 Jul 20, 2011
whos going first?
today

Cookeville, TN

#35 Jul 20, 2011
wasn't a good day to be an employee at tutco!!!
previously employeed

Hendersonville, NC

#36 Jul 20, 2011
There's never a good day at TUTCO, that's the reason I left there. Honey you need to find something else. Its best for your sanity!
whoznxt

Gainesboro, TN

#37 Jul 20, 2011
Yeah there filtering them alright they got rid of 14 today! Sad day at Tutco.
whoznxt

Gainesboro, TN

#38 Jul 20, 2011
One Employee had been there 45 years. Yeah go there.
cammie

Hendersonville, NC

#39 Jul 20, 2011
who'd they get rid of today?
whoznxt

Gainesboro, TN

#40 Jul 20, 2011
I love my job at Tutco but you don't know from one day to the other if your gonna have a job or not its scary. I like knowing where I'm going to go to work at tomorrow. Tutco has always been dependable for me. I hope they stay here in Cookeville . It's so hard to find another job now a days. I love the people around me they make my day at work fun. It's a long day but it would be anywhere else. And no I'm not in management. My alias mztb. I'm a nice person that's why I got fun friends at work. And I still have a job there. And I'm a hard worker. If anybody out there owned a big company like Tutco YOu'd find ways to make the most of your money stretch as far as you could. Mexico pays there Employees a lot less so they can make more money by sending lines there. I would if I owned it. Common sense. Your taking a chance on any job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. Pibb 3 hr Pepper 3
Jason Cobb 11 hr NashvilleQT 4
Institutional wholesale company (May '11) 11 hr TRW 164
Strange guy who doesn't wear shoes 11 hr So sad 21
"Worm" (Aug '14) 12 hr Sassy 15
Michael TYrone Johnson 12 hr Amber 17
7 days consecutive work? Isn't that illegal? (Apr '11) 15 hr Packgpa1 395
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE