UCDD Boss Turns Agency Into Family Bu...
bebo hobbs

Charlotte, NC

#42 Feb 24, 2012
I have saw this wendy askins before.I just can't place her,is she from around here.did she go to school around here.
why do you think

Lexington, TN

#43 Feb 24, 2012
once you get elected to a public office the doors start opening. Why do you think these guys go after the property assessors job every year. They want the perks. They want the free vacations that mysteriously show up. they want the weekend trips and the cash envelopes that come with the job. Same for the director's seat. You think wendy wasn't wined and dined by outside vendors wanting some of her grant money. Its all part of the business world.
Anybody thinks it's a level playing field has not been there.
No More Burks

Cookeville, TN

#44 Feb 24, 2012
The last person who should head UCHRA is Kim Burks Blaylock. That Burks family has had their tentacles in this agency (and UCDD) for years and it's time it stopped.

The next director, if this corrupted organization is really needed in the first place, needs to be a businessman/woman who knows how to 1) manage people effectively without threats/intimidation (are you reading this Wendy?); 2) knows how to keep track of every dime that goes through that place; 3) is morally straight so the outrageous expenditures for liquor etc. come to a screeching halt; 4) won't hire his damn family members and make it some sort of family business.

Is there such a person in Putnam County? Yeah, maybe, but I can't think of any. But it sure as hell isn't another Burks family member, that's for sure. Have you people ever listened to this woman talk? It's embarrassing.
hold your horses

Lexington, TN

#45 Feb 24, 2012
I will have to say Kim can count and keep track of money better than anyone we've had in a long while.
Unfortunately she has been forced to play politics in order to keep the job. maybe that's why this other job is so appealing. You can't sit on a fence and work for the public. At the end of the day you got to be able to sleep and brush off the bulls%^t and go on with it. Whoever gets the post probably wont clean house like we want them too. they think it looks bad and it does. In this day and age of open records you are a damn fool if you try to take a penny from a job like that.
I think we could do a lot worse than Kim. What scares me more is who will take her place.
YoGabba

Cookeville, TN

#46 Feb 24, 2012
Becky wrote:
I just found out that there may be a reason Wendy is not worried about criminal charges. Her sister Cynthia Hembree (works at UCDD) is married to the District Attorney's office investigator, Terry Hembree. I guess he is enjoying the benefits of being in the family and has kept them safe from criminal investigation. What a bunch!!!
Um, she does have a reason to be worried. If the DA person is related, he can't work the case at all which means it would go to someone else or the state level.

Just because you're related to someone in an office doesn't mean you can get a way scott free, it means that person can't investigate/prosecute you. Some one else will do the job.
jerry

Cookeville, TN

#47 Feb 24, 2012
Wendy and Terry do not get along. Ive heard she has accused him of reporting her to channel 5. Heard he and Cynthia argue all the time and are actually divorced although they do live together most of the time..they have a redneck relationship. Terry was married to Brenda who has worked for the Human Services for years and had his children with her. He cheated on her for years and she got tired of his crap. Cynthia was married for years to Ken Mabry who also works at UCDD (interesting). Terry and Cynthia got together after his divorce. He did cheat on his wife (who is a very nice person) but other than being a jackass to her, I would not think he would do anything criminal.
Astonished

Cookeville, TN

#48 Feb 24, 2012
jerry wrote:
Wendy and Terry do not get along. Ive heard she has accused him of reporting her to channel 5. Heard he and Cynthia argue all the time and are actually divorced although they do live together most of the time..they have a redneck relationship. Terry was married to Brenda who has worked for the Human Services for years and had his children with her. He cheated on her for years and she got tired of his crap. Cynthia was married for years to Ken Mabry who also works at UCDD (interesting). Terry and Cynthia got together after his divorce. He did cheat on his wife (who is a very nice person) but other than being a jackass to her, I would not think he would do anything criminal.
I am appalled. Words fail me.

Terry is a former Cookeville city cop and therefore it is not surprising if what you said is true.

Whatever happened to that "till death do you part" thing? This town is one big Peyton Place.
will not happen

Madison, TN

#49 Feb 24, 2012
An investigator with the attorney general's office here in this area would not have anything to do with this situation or whether or not Wendy askins were prosecuted even if he were her very best friend. Because there are plenty of other people in the attorney general's office. But I am not at all sure this is the venue she might be prosecuted in, IF she were ever prosecuted in this way.

She may lose the job, have to sell the godawful mansion, but as to her being criminally prosecuted, I'm having difficult seeing it, particularly in Putnam County.
point of view

Byrdstown, TN

#50 Feb 24, 2012
I curious as to what will happend to her family/staff at UCDD, do you think they will be replaced? Should, don't you think? I am hoping that whoever takes Wendy's place will consider adopting a nepotism policy to keep something like this from happening AGAIN!!
WTH

Cookeville, TN

#51 Feb 24, 2012
With her having all those family members "working" there, is anyone looking into whether or not some of her "staff" may have used their positions to appropriate grant money to things they shouldn't have?
i aint never

Lexington, TN

#52 Feb 24, 2012
never cheated on my wife
never worked for the govt.
can i get a job there?
everybody says the people that work there don't have nothing to do anyway
Adam

Cookeville, TN

#53 Feb 24, 2012
will not happen wrote:
An investigator with the attorney general's office here in this area would not have anything to do with this situation or whether or not Wendy askins were prosecuted even if he were her very best friend. Because there are plenty of other people in the attorney general's office. But I am not at all sure this is the venue she might be prosecuted in, IF she were ever prosecuted in this way.
She may lose the job, have to sell the godawful mansion, but as to her being criminally prosecuted, I'm having difficult seeing it, particularly in Putnam County.
My best guess is that the criminal activity will be turned over to the TBI to investigate especially with family in the DA's office whether or not they get along.
Woahh

Cookeville, TN

#54 Feb 24, 2012
will not happen wrote:
Actually she may have done some criminal activity, but it will be TBI investigating that. Embezzlement comes to mind....
just saying

Byrdstown, TN

#55 Feb 24, 2012
WTH wrote:
With her having all those family members "working" there, is anyone looking into whether or not some of her "staff" may have used their positions to appropriate grant money to things they shouldn't have?
I agree, the "new" administration needs to pay very close attention to those family members that are "still" employed. They will try to cover for Wendy!!
Shame on You

Shelbyville, TN

#56 Feb 24, 2012
I think it is sad that people can get on a forum like this and say whatever they want to say regardless of whether or not it is true. Some of you people are convicting a man of something that you have absolutely no proof of at all. Just because a man is associated with someone, does that automatically make him guilty or somehow involved in someone else’s misdeeds? That is so sad that we live in a society where people destroy other people’s character on a public forum with nothing more than mere speculations. I do not personally know Mr. Hembree, but I have heard other people speak of him as a man of integrity and dedicated to his profession. I wonder how people who have made slanderous post about Mr. Hembree would feel if he posted negative things about their personal lives. I am sure many of the people who are posting things about Mr. Hembree have had less than flattering moments in their own lives. It is so easy to point a finger, but just remember there are four more fingers pointing back at you. So, before you decide to post slanderous statements, examine your own lives. I have met Mr. Hembree and he seemed very pleasant and very intelligent. He acted in a very professional manner and seemed sincere in pursuing justice. I hope Mr. Hembree finds out who is making the posts about him and sues them for libel and slanderous statements.
WatchDog

Cookeville, TN

#57 Feb 24, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, the "new" administration needs to pay very close attention to those family members that are "still" employed. They will try to cover for Wendy!!
I don't know, I think they just got their cars and gasoline cards confiscated so they may not be in the best of moods for awhile... hehehe....
Crazy

Cookeville, TN

#58 Feb 24, 2012
Kim Blaylock was on the Board at UCDD while all of this went on. She has NO business being over the UCDD or UCHRA! She actually needs to face criminal charges for retroactively approving those dang minutes!
be honest

Maryville, TN

#59 Feb 24, 2012
No More Burks wrote:
The last person who should head UCHRA is Kim Burks Blaylock. That Burks family has had their tentacles in this agency (and UCDD) for years and it's time it stopped.
The next director, if this corrupted organization is really needed in the first place, needs to be a businessman/woman who knows how to 1) manage people effectively without threats/intimidation (are you reading this Wendy?); 2) knows how to keep track of every dime that goes through that place; 3) is morally straight so the outrageous expenditures for liquor etc. come to a screeching halt; 4) won't hire his damn family members and make it some sort of family business.
Is there such a person in Putnam County? Yeah, maybe, but I can't think of any. But it sure as hell isn't another Burks family member, that's for sure. Have you people ever listened to this woman talk? It's embarrassing.
burks are diffently crooked and treat people like sh** that work for them and when you quit they make up lies about you.when someone calls about a refrence on you.they have their puppet monkey do the lies,so they don't get in trouble.don,t work for them we almost lost everything beause of their puppet monkey telling lies......
Uhaha

Livingston, TN

#60 Feb 24, 2012
be honest wrote:
<quoted text>burks are diffently crooked and treat people like sh** that work for them and when you quit they make up lies about you.when someone calls about a refrence on you.they have their puppet monkey do the lies,so they don't get in trouble.don,t work for them we almost lost everything beause of their puppet monkey telling lies......
Umm, first a former employer giving a negative reference is illegal - no matter who says it. If a potential employer calls your former, then they will want to talk to your direct supervisor. If someone else speaks, that is still a violation. Also, you have the right to NOT PUT DOWN THE BAD REFERENCE. I mean why would you? They are suppose to ask you if it is okay to contact your previous employer. All you say is, I rather you not because of the nature of the separation.
JJJ

Cookeville, TN

#61 Feb 24, 2012
bebo hobbs wrote:
I have saw this wendy askins before.I just can't place her,is she from around here.did she go to school around here.
I've been told Wendy is from Jackson County. Don't know if she went to Gainesboro or Cookeville schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Summer stamps 3 hr stamps or seals 4
Cookeville MAYOR - Ego or not 3 hr Sound off 1
Do Nothing Republican Congress and Office Holders 9 hr Raymond 1
Zaxby's WTF! Gives You RUNS For Your Money! (Jul '10) 13 hr Pug 18
jessica curtis (Jan '12) 16 hr anonomyous 13
Cummins is doomed 18 hr Boom Shaka Laka 5
Aaron swallows rape charge (May '15) 21 hr Brandy 80
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages