Big O's -VS- Ralphs
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lovely Ladybugs

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jul 12, 2011
Which one do you prefer? I personally like Ralph's better. I'm convinced they have the best donuts in the world.
guest

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jul 12, 2011
Ralph's hands down, got some from Big-o's before and it had hair in it never went back. Now Cookeville doughnuts isn't bad keep meaning to go back to get some doughnut holes but always forget.
Stew Pid

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jul 12, 2011
Ralph's donuts make my butt cheeks hang out of my shorts, but Big 0's donuts give me those phantom heart attack symptoms that get me a free night in the hospital. It's so hard to choose.
Old timer

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jul 12, 2011
Ralphs all the way!!! Best new strawberry donuts ever and the chocolate cream covered with powered sugar is great!
CitizenX

United States

#5 Jul 12, 2011
Big O's hands down. Ralph's is stingy with the icing.
Ralphs

Cookeville, TN

#6 Jul 12, 2011
There is only one donut shop in town and that is Ralphs. Everyone else just trys to make donuts.
Yes

Mount Holly, NC

#7 Jul 12, 2011
None better than Ralphs!!!
Prof

Mount Juliet, TN

#8 Jul 12, 2011
Ralph's, all the way!!
guess

Cookeville, TN

#9 Jul 13, 2011
Ralph's all the way. I like the way they box their donuts, flat. Big O stands them up so all the toppings are stuck to the bottom of the next donut. Plus Ralphs taste better.
HML

Cookeville, TN

#10 Jul 13, 2011
Ralph's was always the BEST. Lately they are not as good as they used to be. Strawberry donut was served cold. Hardly any icing on the glazed donuts.
Well

Cookeville, TN

#11 Jul 13, 2011
Ralph's Donuts, 100%. As a matter of fact, I'll be going this weekend to clean them out of cake bread chocolate and vanilla iced sprinkle donuts for the youngsters. Almost can't wait..
hmmmm

Manchester, TN

#12 Jul 13, 2011
The last time I went into Big O's it smelled. The man was RUDE, and there where bugs flying around in the case. The restroom was horrrid, and the milk I was going to buy was out of date. So needless to say I will NEVER go back. What happend to this place?! It used to be awesome, clean and the people where very friendly. I think having free internet has hurt the place!
Donut Diva

United States

#13 Jul 13, 2011
Ralph's for sure. Big O's is okay. Cookeville Donuts absolutely sux - dry tasteless. I always noticed that Ralph's is generous with the icing, have plenty of variety and are friendly.
Donut Diva

United States

#14 Jul 13, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
The last time I went into Big O's it smelled. The man was RUDE, and there where bugs flying around in the case. The restroom was horrrid, and the milk I was going to buy was out of date. So needless to say I will NEVER go back. What happend to this place?! It used to be awesome, clean and the people where very friendly. I think having free internet has hurt the place!
I also noticed it going downhill. Filthy would be a way to describe the condition of most of the store. Too bad.
Sunny

Simpsonville, SC

#15 Jul 13, 2011
Big O Donuts is nasty, the last time I went in there and it will be the last time, the place is dirty, the milk coolers r nasty, the employees r nasty looking, and the place stinks. Customers
please observe when u go in this nasty place, than u will c what I am talking about!
Wake up Health Department

Cookeville, TN

#16 Jul 13, 2011
Big O's donuts taste like they've been fried in oil that hasn't been changed for months on end. And maybe an employee has used the oil for the occasional batch of french fries or some other fried food to boot. And have you seen the floor and surfaces in the kitchen area? Never clean! Someone explain to me how the health department has not shut them down a long time ago. It would be easy to imagine that someone was taking money under the table. Is there anyone from the health department reading this forum? Wake up! You're not doing your [email protected] job.
Donut Diva

United States

#17 Jul 13, 2011
Wake up Health Department wrote:
Big O's donuts taste like they've been fried in oil that hasn't been changed for months on end. And maybe an employee has used the oil for the occasional batch of french fries or some other fried food to boot. And have you seen the floor and surfaces in the kitchen area? Never clean! Someone explain to me how the health department has not shut them down a long time ago. It would be easy to imagine that someone was taking money under the table. Is there anyone from the health department reading this forum? Wake up! You're not doing your [email protected] job.
What gets me is that the so-called health dept. does not publish ratings for the public! We have the right to know if a place has passed inspection. It shouldn't be a friggin secret.
Prof

Mount Juliet, TN

#18 Jul 14, 2011
Donut Diva wrote:
<quoted text> What gets me is that the so-called health dept. does not publish ratings for the public! We have the right to know if a place has passed inspection. It shouldn't be a friggin secret.
Yes they do. It's on the TN Department of Agriculture web site.
harry johnson

Boiling Springs, SC

#19 Jul 14, 2011
I used to love big,0 all the way.but they they let that place go to the dogs,now its ralphs all the way.
donut crazy

United States

#20 Jul 14, 2011
Ralphs! Back in my younger days I'd go get a dozen cream filled chocolate coated donuts and eat at least 8 of them. I try not to do that now but LORD how good!. Ralphs is an institution in cookeville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is it 2 hr WTF 1
Suntan city 6 hr Baddeal 1
Institutional wholesale company (May '11) 6 hr Hoss 226
Forbidden (Feb '11) 6 hr Stud Horse 57
Cane Creek Park 7 hr Park Patrol 1
Bill & Tom Keller....... 7 hr Truthful 2
Warning Label 9 hr aka 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages