Morganton, NC

#68 Oct 10, 2012
Love to remove the idiots scrotum
1I11I1I111I1I1I1 1I1

Tullahoma, TN

#69 Oct 10, 2012
Chihuahua wrote:
Love to remove the idiots scrotum
I want to know more about this alleged wife cheating.

I know Mr. Hall and although the dog thing and suing the city was bad, I never thought he would do anything like that.

Hope it's not true.
Truthful

Duluth, GA

#70 Dec 3, 2012
wow wrote:
honestly this happened in like 2003 leave him alone he is a good church going man who is an animal lover who would never hurt an animal without reason so shut your mouths already

This was the third time he had shot a dog in a brief period of time. One of the other two was really squirrelly also.
Dan

Stanley, NC

#71 Dec 3, 2012
oh get real wrote:
Standing behind the cop? How is this possible?
The jury, the district court, and the circuit court specifically said that troopers admitted Eric Hallvt and David Bush broke procedure when they kept their guns pointed at the Smoak family when they were complying. That's the first thing you can't stand behind.
Then there's the matter of slamming a handcuffed man to the ground and almost breaking his knee. That's the second thing you can't stand behind.
Then there's the matter of the dog being murdered when the VIDEO TAPE SHOWS THE DOG WAS WAGGING ITS TAIL. That's the third thing you can't stand behind.
I tell you all what, this behavior by cops is only going to last so long before people start killing them. Once the cop killing starts, this behavior will stop.
I'd watch my damn ass if I were you, if a cop gets shot they will get a court order for your ip address because it sounds like you'd be a suspect.
just some jo

Tullahoma, TN

#72 Dec 3, 2012
wow wrote:
honestly this happened in like 2003 leave him alone he is a good church going man who is an animal lover who would never hurt an animal without reason so shut your mouths already
ya if u go to church that makes u a good man or women! That's the whole problem with this town! How stupid!
Amanda

Livingston, TN

#73 Dec 3, 2012
just some jo wrote:
<quoted text>ya if u go to church that makes u a good man or women! That's the whole problem with this town! How stupid!
This comment says you're a Queer
peter griffin

Matthews, NC

#74 Dec 4, 2012
Ha ha ha ha, you said queer.
pallmall

Matthews, NC

#75 Dec 4, 2012
Tell you what. Got to be careful shooting dogs in this town. Most of the womern look like dogs.bank robbery suspect says "mister cop you jest shot my sister wife". Cop seys " no I didn't , I shot your sweaty hog cause its curly tail was wiggling."
scared

Mcewen, TN

#76 Dec 14, 2012
I too was sickened by the video of Eric Hall shooting that dog.(Note that I did not not prefix him with "Officer"; he does not deserve that honor.) I will never forget or forgive. What scares me is that this behavior, by those in law enforcement, is perfectly acceptable to so many. Those that are entrusted with our safety must be given some latitude in making fast decisions. But a dog wagging its tail should cause pause before shooting. This "person" responded in a way that makes me believe he should not be carrying a gun. I truly hope karma makes him pay dearly.
IMHO

Shelbyville, TN

#77 Dec 14, 2012
Another armchair quarter back cop heard from...
lol at cop haters

Cookeville, TN

#78 Dec 14, 2012
Officer Hall may have made a mistake but that was 9 years ago plus I've never been in Officer Hall's situation. I'm sure none of us have ever made a mistake on our jobs? Maybe we need to walk a mile in their shoes before we try to judge them. How can you people put down the entire police force because of one cop you don't like? Sometimes I wish that every officer in this county would call in sick for a couple of days so some of you could see first hand what would happen to this town and the citizens. I wouldn't venture out during those two days. Trolls, bring on your sarcastic comments. I for one can be fair and look at both sides of any situation whether it involves cops or not.
April Ashburn

Cookeville, TN

#79 Dec 14, 2012
yes
prayed up

Alcoa, TN

#80 Dec 14, 2012
I try to respect all policeman. I however do not think if we had to live without the police force for a few days we could not handle things.
little ole me

Cookeville, TN

#81 Dec 14, 2012
lol at cop haters wrote:
Officer Hall may have made a mistake but that was 9 years ago plus I've never been in Officer Hall's situation. I'm sure none of us have ever made a mistake on our jobs? Maybe we need to walk a mile in their shoes before we try to judge them. How can you people put down the entire police force because of one cop you don't like? Sometimes I wish that every officer in this county would call in sick for a couple of days so some of you could see first hand what would happen to this town and the citizens. I wouldn't venture out during those two days. Trolls, bring on your sarcastic comments. I for one can be fair and look at both sides of any situation whether it involves cops or not.
He made a mistake, but he never had to pay for it and that is why people are upset. The CPD is a great department, but the lack of accountability in this situation left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. If nothing else, they should have at least paid the family for damages for falsely apprehending them at gun point and killing their pet because they ignored the driver telling them that there was a dog in the car. The Cookeville Animal Shelter even offered to provide them with animal behavior training so that they could avoid something like this in the future and they turned it down.
Dog and Cat Lover

Cookeville, TN

#82 Dec 14, 2012
I am a dog and cat lover.
My name is Lin Gu Tang.
These are my tasty snacks.
From the old with sweet and sour.
To the young deep fried.
These are Buddha's creatation.
Entrusted to all men.
The year of the dog,
is celebrated every 12 years.
So, rejoyce, and wash your hare,
every 12 years too.
So let their be Peace,
This time of cheer.
So East meats West,
Through out the year.
confucious

United States

#83 Dec 14, 2012
Dog and Cat Lover wrote:
I am a dog and cat lover.
My name is Lin Gu Tang.
These are my tasty snacks.
From the old with sweet and sour.
To the young deep fried.
These are Buddha's creatation.
Entrusted to all men.
The year of the dog,
is celebrated every 12 years.
So, rejoyce, and wash your hare,
every 12 years too.
So let their be Peace,
This time of cheer.
So East meats West,
Through out the year.
Confucius say your poem sucky.
lol at cop haters

Cookeville, TN

#84 Dec 14, 2012
little ole me wrote:
<quoted text>
He made a mistake, but he never had to pay for it and that is why people are upset. The CPD is a great department, but the lack of accountability in this situation left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. If nothing else, they should have at least paid the family for damages for falsely apprehending them at gun point and killing their pet because they ignored the driver telling them that there was a dog in the car. The Cookeville Animal Shelter even offered to provide them with animal behavior training so that they could avoid something like this in the future and they turned it down.
I agree that the situation should never have gone that far and I will remember the dog and his family for the rest of my life. If I recall correctly the family did receive some money but of course money can't erase memories or replace their baby. I do see what you are saying but I'm not sure I agree with you about Officer Hall not being punished since he's never been allowed to forget that incident but neither will the family forget. Happy to see that you are another citizen who doesn't judge the entire police dept. because of one officer's mistake. I couldn't and wouldn't be a police officer but I have ultimate respect those that can. Just wish that incident had never occurred.
scared

Mcewen, TN

#85 Dec 14, 2012
IMHO wrote:
Another armchair quarter back cop heard from...
I would not have to voice my opinion, if the "checks and balances" in our society were working correctly. The police seem to have no accountability anymore. As long as they commit no "wrong" against one of their own, they appear to be free to act as gods. Neither the legislature or the court system dare to confront them. This was a long time ago. But Eric Hall has never been held accountable. He has never aknowleged any remorse. His "punishment" was a monetary settlement against the people that employ him. Just once, I would like to see some of you that cruise these internet forums, looking to stop any negative opinions about the police, just once, I would like you to admit that every once in awhile someone in the police department has done something wrong.
funny funny

United States

#86 Dec 15, 2012
[QUOTEfunny"ROFLMBO" ]<quoted text>
Haw haw good one.......
My sides are aching from laughing so hard.
Lots of stupidity on these boards.[/QUOTE] I don't know what's more funny the bad grammar or some know it all pointing it out !!!
oops

Cookeville, TN

#87 Dec 15, 2012
scared wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not have to voice my opinion, if the "checks and balances" in our society were working correctly. The police seem to have no accountability anymore. As long as they commit no "wrong" against one of their own, they appear to be free to act as gods. Neither the legislature or the court system dare to confront them. This was a long time ago. But Eric Hall has never been held accountable. He has never acknowledged any remorse. His "punishment" was a monetary settlement against the people that employ him. Just once, I would like to see some of you that cruise these internet forums, looking to stop any negative opinions about the police, just once, I would like you to admit that every once in awhile someone in the police department has done something wrong.
sorry you got kicked out of the police academy on your first day. guessing you to wimpy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of Joe Lovell (Oct '10) 2 hr daughter 180
Missing chihuahua from silverpoint 4 hr Brmurray931 4
Things People Buy With Foodtsamps (Jun '12) 4 hr Mama 711
Sean Anderson DUI Homicide case (Nov '07) 4 hr Mr Obvious 4
Prom for grown ups has to be THE lamest thing I... 4 hr Mr Obvious 3
How do people make out with women with meth mouth? 6 hr in the mouth 3
Jere Whitson Elementary 7 hr need advice 1
More from around the web

Cookeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE