Mother Arrested for Biting Infant

Mother Arrested for Biting Infant

There are 130 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Jun 3, 2008, titled Mother Arrested for Biting Infant. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Algood police arrested a woman for biting her 9-month-old daughter in retaliation for biting her on the forehead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Chiggy

Utica, KY

#1 Jun 3, 2008
This is so sad just another nosey neighbor sticking her nose in, The biting of the child was wrong, but I was told the same thing when mine went through the "biting phase" I am almost 68 and my kids have all grown up fine. My sons have all went to college and my daughter is married for 20 years and has 3 of the most beautiful grandkids you could ask for. I listened to my parents and grandparents and I spanked, and followed the Bible..do unto others, spare the rod, Now if you do that and some welfare mama that sits on her butt all day with nothing else to do but cause trouble for anyone she can spy on gets a burr up her butt, she can call the police and have your kids taken away. In the meantime her kids are out stealing your car.
dixie-blue

Columbia, SC

#2 Jun 3, 2008
this is shit why in the hell put her in jail or take her kid away for biting her my god
i got bit when i was a kid im fine and yes i bit both mine when they bit the crap out of me they are fine to
whats next we cant spank or smack them on the hand when they do something bad people get real we have no rights any more why not go after the real people that murder or sexual assult kids or even the ones that sell drugs
insted the parents who try and teach kids not to do something get in to trouble
Momof4intn

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Jun 3, 2008
Why is she being prosecuted for teaching her child not to bite, yes she's 9 months old, but this is the time to teach them right from wrong. And as far as the neighbors comment...what business is it of hers. I know parents are afraid to even spank their children anymore, and thats why kids are so bad. I punished my 8 year old the other day and spanked his butt, and he told me his teacher told him if their parents spank them, to tell her so she can call the police. What is this teaching our children honestly? I remember getting bit hard by my mom for biting people when I was little, and believe me...I learned not to bite. The police and ESPECIALLY child services have better things to be concentrating on like parents who sexually abuse their children or beat them around, this is stupid.
Dog Lover

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Jun 3, 2008
The only problem I have with this is that the mark was still there 9 hours later from what that picture showed. I am all for disciplining your children, I was whipped and I was also bit back when I went through my biting phase as a child and I turned out okay and so did my other siblings. She does have a nosy neighbor. I don't think she needs to lose her child or be prosecuted, I think that is going a little too far for this situation. She made a mistake and given the situation again I am sure she will make a totally different decision. I hope it works out for her and her child.
Momto3

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Jun 3, 2008
My son bit other kids in daycare and us too. You cannot reason with a child that age, they don't understand. All I know is that when I bit my son back he never did it again. I cannot believe this poor mother was arrested. There is not just one right way to raise a child and neighbors should butt out. My kids are all normal and I will give my children the same advice when they encounter the same with their children.
MommyfromTX

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Jun 3, 2008
Every parent makes mistakes with their kids. If the worst mistake she makes is that she bit her a little too hard, then I think she's doing pretty good. Fortunately I never had my mistakes splashed all over the news and I feel sorry for her that it has been so blown out of proportion. It is hard enough being a parent, some choose to make it unbearable for others.
LeavethismommaAl one

Nashville, TN

#7 Jun 3, 2008
When babies and kids bite, you bite them back, thats how you break them. Leave this woman alone. Everybody show up in court and support this. shes a good woman and thinks enough to bite the kid to make it stop. if you bite 3 times in most daycares you get kicked out, so breakum now vs later.Its a shame that our tax dollars go for this kind of BS, lets elect a new city counsel. Cut property taxes and lay half these morons off. Instead of sending people to a camp for retarded people, we elect them.
LeavethismommaAl one

Nashville, TN

#8 Jun 3, 2008
Lets fire whoever prosecutes this, this is BS. We need to keep arresting people that cant fight back to keep the numbers up. She might have money, leave her alone. We need more minorities in prison so that they cant vote later. We need more people with records and less people that can read.And we need more prisons and cells so that the shareholders of CCA can buy jets and send their kids to Yale and harvard. Is it possible to just put all of us in jail and get this bs over with.
Leslie Moser

Crossville, TN

#9 Jun 3, 2008
I have also heard the same thing. Bite back, just not too hard. Bite just enough so they will know how it feels. I was reading some of the comments to this story and I saw where people were getting afraid to spank their kids. I am here to tell ya, My hubby and I spank our daughter when she needs it. She is a good kid, but as with all kids, she has her moments. I don't care if We am in Wal-Mart or a crowded resturant, let our daughter act up and throw a fit for a toy or start throwing food. She will get a spanking right there in front of everyone!!!! We will not leave a bruise or anything, but she will be corrected at the time she needs correcting. That's what is wrong with 75% of the kids today, they are not disciplined in any way because parents are afraid of someone reporting them. We are not afraid. We correct our kid in the right way, but she gets it when she does need it.
myoung

Manchester, TN

#10 Jun 3, 2008
bite her harder and send her home
biteme

Mount Juliet, TN

#11 Jun 3, 2008
You want to know what I'd like to tell that neighbor? You guessed it..."Bite me!"
whatrwethinking

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Jun 3, 2008
wow...this old world just keeps getting scarier! Parents can't discipline their children, teadchers can't discipline their students, and everyone is wondering why kids are out of control. Yes, she made a mistake. I bet a lot of us have heard and done the same thing. When is enough going to be enough. This woman is arrested, yet crackheads are neglecting and mistreating their children daily. Poeple, be WORRIED. This is just not cool and we need to stand up for our rights. I guess my parents should be in jail too.(and I bet the parents of this genius cop would be in jail too by today's standards) Small town cops...get a life!!!!!!!!!!
supporting mom

Brentwood, TN

#13 Jun 3, 2008
My mom spank me and my siblings (two sisters and four brothers) and I'm glad she did it, we never used drogs, smoked or even drink alcohol, she care about us (THANK YOU MOM), that's why she did it. I spank my kids when I need to. Because of people like that is why parents are afraid to spank their own kids. Child services needs to correct the parents of the ones in the streets stealing our cars and selling drugs so Momma can have a nice hair and pretty long nails!
Richard Mackie

Monterey, TN

#14 Jun 4, 2008
People have always bitten children to Teach them not to bite. I agree that maybe the Mother may have bitten to hard but I don't believe she did it on purpose. I don't know the mother but if the State is going to investigate her they need to start thier investigation from her childhood to see what kind of a person she has been in life. This would tell alot about her. Just a few Miles from Algood,TN is a Small Community called Hilham and Just last week a Construction worker Killed a Co-Worker By Bashing His Head in with a 2X4 and This Mother is Getting more News Time than a Murder Story.
Maggie

Portland, TN

#15 Jun 4, 2008
There are many actions and tools that parents use to teach their children how to act in society. Anyone who had to live with a biter would know how hard it is to break the habit. For some reason, biting back usually works to stop a biter. Sometimes verbal correction and forms of behavior modification do not work. When faced with having a biter, especially one that is living or going to school with other children, you have to do what is necessary to make a correction. You have to look at the overall parenting abilities before you take such a drastic action of removing a child. There is such horrible neglect and systematic abuse in the community. Go look for them and leave this mother alone.
Christina

United States

#16 Jun 4, 2008
Thanks Channel 5! Again you have put your nose where it does not belong. I am so glad this woman has the support of people commenting. Yes some people carry things to far, but this is not the case.
MrJoe

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 Jun 4, 2008
Hahahaha, good idea
Felicia

Sparta, TN

#18 Jun 4, 2008
Richard Mackie wrote:
People have always bitten children to Teach them not to bite. I agree that maybe the Mother may have bitten to hard but I don't believe she did it on purpose. I don't know the mother but if the State is going to investigate her they need to start thier investigation from her childhood to see what kind of a person she has been in life. This would tell alot about her. Just a few Miles from Algood,TN is a Small Community called Hilham and Just last week a Construction worker Killed a Co-Worker By Bashing His Head in with a 2X4 and This Mother is Getting more News Time than a Murder Story.
You're right this world has gone to hell in a hand basket. It's amazing to me how pathetic our law enforcement in the Putnam County and cities in Putnam County has gotten. Let the worse people in the world go free and punish others just because they don't like someone and can get away with it. This mother will probably be in the system for years over this, and hell, thats how we were taught to break our children.
Felicia

Sparta, TN

#19 Jun 4, 2008
Christina wrote:
Thanks Channel 5! Again you have put your nose where it does not belong. I am so glad this woman has the support of people commenting. Yes some people carry things to far, but this is not the case.
This Mother should sue the Police officer, newschannel5, dhs, and the noisy neighbor who has probably loss her children to God only knows what.
LOST fan

Nashville, TN

#20 Jun 4, 2008
This is hogwash, and I'm glad so many other people are responding the same way. Did she bite too hard? Probably (if the mark is still there several hours later)but that in and of itself does not support abuse considering the circumstances. I do think DCS should investigate when called, but if there is TRUE concern over abuse then do an unannounced follow up visit or two. I don't have any children of my own, and I've heard the bite back thing too... who hasn't? Maybe DCS had more evidence than we're hearing, and probably they are required by law to report this kind of thing to police (don't know for sure)but based solely on this report this is a load of crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
0e and his Cville Affair with Prescott/ Cookevi... 1 hr Not fooling anyone 3
Looking for TTU coed or local honey who need fi... 2 hr Jerry H 2
Gaw and Bernhardt split? 5 hr Robert 2
News You need a permit for a yard sale? 7 hr your vote 10
News Sex offender arrested for public intox 10 hr weedisloveweedislife 33
Time to name the junkie. (Dec '15) 11 hr NastyOne 30
Guiltyb4convicted (Nov '10) 12 hr Manx 29

Cookeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages