Vandals damage tombstones

Vandals damage tombstones

There are 20 comments on the Herald-Citizen story from Dec 26, 2012, titled Vandals damage tombstones. In it, Herald-Citizen reports that:

Police are looking for the vandals who damaged four tombstones in Cookeville City Cemetery last weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Citizen.

Dumb parent

Crossville, TN

#1 Dec 27, 2012
It's because we don't have a skate park!
waldo

Crossville, TN

#2 Dec 27, 2012
I heard they were just clearing out space to rebuild Wooly Bullys. This new graveyard location will be more convenient as patrons who die of alcohol poisoning can be promptly buried without requiring the assistance of pesky middlemen.
waa waa

United States

#3 Dec 27, 2012
Dumb parent wrote:
It's because we don't have a skate park!
It's not an excuse for vandalism if there is not a skate park. Ask your mommie or daddy if you can build one in your backyard or better yet just get on the rooftop and slide down the side. Good times!
waa waa

United States

#4 Dec 27, 2012
waldo wrote:
I heard they were just clearing out space to rebuild Wooly Bullys. This new graveyard location will be more convenient as patrons who die of alcohol poisoning can be promptly buried without requiring the assistance of pesky middlemen.
Excellent idea or better still, just createt them. It's cleaner, cheaper and saves valuable land for the living.

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#6 Dec 29, 2012
I think it's fantastic that people damage graves. The people that make them as well as those in funeral homes charge entirely too much for their services, just like the medical comunity.
mee 2

Crossville, TN

#7 Dec 29, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
I think it's fantastic that people damage graves. The people that make them as well as those in funeral homes charge entirely too much for their services, just like the medical comunity.
agrees with u bro. that's why we gonna just put u n hefty bags and leave u 4 da trash pickup.
yeah

United States

#8 Dec 29, 2012
mee 2 wrote:
<quoted text>agrees with u bro. that's why we gonna just put u n hefty bags and leave u 4 da trash pickup.
. Fabulous idea.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#9 Dec 31, 2012
That would entail your lazy asses actually doing something.
just saying it right

Cookeville, TN

#10 Dec 31, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
Joey if you had to pay for one of those stones, you wouldn't say that..you are a dumbass,acting out of pity for yourself. Get a life!!
barbie

Manchester, TN

#11 Jan 1, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
By damaging the tombstones, they hurt the innocent people who have paid to have a place and show respect for their loved ones. They do not hurt the funeral home people or the cemetery owners or grove diggers.
Sandy

Cookeville, TN

#12 Jan 1, 2013
This is very sinful.
Youarewhatyoueat

Cookeville, TN

#13 Jan 2, 2013
DeDominicis, I've told you a hundred times, keep your nappy kids outa my graveyard!

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#14 Jan 2, 2013
Youarewhatyoueat wrote:
DeDominicis, I've told you a hundred times, keep your nappy kids outa my graveyard!
I was smart enough not to bring life into the dangerous situation that was forced on me since the age of seven unlike some others.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#15 Jan 2, 2013
just saying it right wrote:
<quoted text>Joey if you had to pay for one of those stones, you wouldn't say that..you are a dumbass,acting out of pity for yourself. Get a life!!
Stop harassing me.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#16 Jan 2, 2013
barbie wrote:
<quoted text>By damaging the tombstones, they hurt the innocent people who have paid to have a place and show respect for their loved ones. They do not hurt the funeral home people or the cemetery owners or grove diggers.
Wow, i guess you're right. At any rate,that particular form of vandalism should be more abundant, that way people will think twice before thay pay out for a nice stone and do everyone else a tremendous diservice for doing it.
howdy

Cookeville, TN

#17 Jan 2, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, i guess you're right. At any rate,that particular form of vandalism should be more abundant, that way people will think twice before thay pay out for a nice stone and do everyone else a tremendous diservice for doing it.
How does buying a nice stone for a loved one do anyone a diservice?
just saying it right

Cookeville, TN

#18 Jan 2, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Stop harassing me.
NEVER!!!

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#19 Jan 3, 2013
howdy wrote:
<quoted text>How does buying a nice stone for a loved one do anyone a diservice?
By setting the standar that it's okay to to purchase a thousand dollar chisled pile of crap that's beneath our feet anywhere we go in the area, thanks for asking.
howdy

Cookeville, TN

#20 Jan 3, 2013
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>By setting the standar that it's okay to to purchase a thousand dollar chisled pile of crap that's beneath our feet anywhere we go in the area, thanks for asking.
I disagree. I believe it is ok to purchase tombstones that costs millions of dollars if one can afford it.

DeDominicis

Cookeville

#21 Jan 5, 2013
howdy wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. I believe it is ok to purchase tombstones that costs millions of dollars if one can afford it.
Im fine with your choice so long as people can come up with a line of sharp looking economy stones, such stones should exist and would help stimulate the businesses that make them and help many families find closure. yeah, some of the big ones look cool. At some point, someone set a standar as to how much should be charged for a head stone, and that choice was oh so wrong. THEY DID A BANG UP JOB WITH THAT VADALISM!!!!!!(if it even happened)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Businesses in Town 33 min FreeWheelingFranklin 13
News Many drug-related arrests over holiday weekend 2 hr Doomed in W C 4
Unitarians in Ridgecrest 4 hr DeDominicis 13
unusual request 4 hr Pos 5
Uchra 4 hr Dont believe it 21
robert williams (Sep '09) 5 hr Bobby 9
Cookeville cameras (Apr '12) 5 hr What else is ther... 34

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance