Beware of MATHIS ROOFING "Stay Away"

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#1 May 25, 2010
Need a roof "Stay Away" from MATHIS ROOFING of Cookeville Beware!
Agree

Cookeville, TN

#2 May 25, 2010
No joke. I agree the little skinny one with no teeth is bat sh.t crazy and they have been known to screw people. They're actually out of Baxter somewhere, not Cookeville.
True

Cookeville, TN

#3 May 25, 2010
Did not get what I paid for. I agree the owner's is a dick watch out and yes he's out of Baxter
Baxter Sucks

Cookeville, TN

#4 May 25, 2010
People from Baxter are fu**ing crazed in the membrane. Silver Point is even worse. Roofers from both towns will screw you sideways without a kiss.
yep

Warwick, RI

#5 May 25, 2010
Advanced Roofing out of Gainsboro .Very trust worthy .They have been around for almost 20 years. Awesome customer service.
Baxter roofer

Cookeville, TN

#6 May 26, 2010
Baxter Sucks wrote:
People from Baxter are fu**ing crazed in the membrane. Silver Point is even worse. Roofers from both towns will screw you sideways without a kiss.
why didn't you just skip the 4 posts under a different name each time and advertise your roofing instead??
Agree

Cookeville, TN

#7 May 26, 2010
Actually that top post under "Agree" was mine, and the "yep" guy isn't even out of Cookeville so um probably not the same person.

Nice name drop from the "Advanced Roofing" guy though..lol

I've never had roofing work done, myself. However I have heard that they will take what money they get down on a job and run with it leaving a job either half done or not at all done until they get the threat of charges pressed on them and even then will come back and half-ass it just to get it done. This is from 2 different people I know in Baxter who have had to deal with them for their roofing needs and were both stiffed. Scotty is the skinny guys name if I remember correctly.(could be wrong on that part)
can you count

Cookeville, TN

#8 May 26, 2010
Agree wrote:
Actually that top post under "Agree" was mine, and the "yep" guy isn't even out of Cookeville so um probably not the same person.
Nice name drop from the "Advanced Roofing" guy though..lol
I've never had roofing work done, myself. However I have heard that they will take what money they get down on a job and run with it leaving a job either half done or not at all done until they get the threat of charges pressed on them and even then will come back and half-ass it just to get it done. This is from 2 different people I know in Baxter who have had to deal with them for their roofing needs and were both stiffed. Scotty is the skinny guys name if I remember correctly.(could be wrong on that part)
say them with me.....1......2......3.....4

that wasn't too hard now was it?
Owner of Mathis Roofing

Cookeville, TN

#9 May 26, 2010
Just to let all You People know a little about Mathis Roofing. It has been around since 1972. Do the math, must be doing something right or would not still be in business.Also Scotty is not the owner nor has he ever been. In addition my business ethic is "Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed",so any problems contact me. P.S. Advanced Roofing out of Gainesboro, works for Mathis Roofing. I realize people are intitled to their opinions and I respect that, however if you are going to post something for the world to see be respectful and post only the FACTS!!!
yep

Warwick, RI

#10 May 26, 2010
Just so you guys know I do not work for Advanced Roofing .I just know that they do really good work didn't have to pay them anything until the job was done.I thought that the guys from Mathis were very professional upon meeting them.I just chose to go with Advanced.
hehehehe

United States

#11 May 27, 2010
HEARD THAT STUFF 2..THEY BAD NEWS..Just wished i looked half as good as his wife thinks she looks.... id be in the movies...lol
Customer

Crossville, TN

#12 May 27, 2010
I have personally had work done from Mathis Roofing. Cotten did a grat job, and was very satisfied with the job. Hell its like the old saying goes " you can't please all the people all the time." Again I have and will recommend them.
Baxter

Crossville, TN

#13 Dec 20, 2012
Just stay away from Danny Simmons Construction. They Do The worst work I have ever saw.
sorry bunch

Livingston, TN

#14 Dec 20, 2012
they roofed my house said it be 1830 dollars but when the old man came he said it was 2000 dollars i asked him for a written warranty and he tore a page out of his grandchild's coloring book and wrote it with a crayon! what a joke! since then i've knocked them out of at least 6 jobs maybe more! they are dishonest and a joke!
sueL

Greeley, CO

#15 Jan 27, 2016
Baxter wrote:
Just stay away from Danny Simmons Construction. They Do The worst work I have ever saw.
He built a house for us outside of Cookeville. What did he mess up on yours?
ssfg

Gainesboro, TN

#16 Dec 2, 2016
So who is the best Metal Roofer??? looking NOW
hmmm

Gainesboro, TN

#17 Dec 5, 2016
Who is a Good Shingle Roofer????
concerned in Sparta

United States

#18 Dec 5, 2016
Bailey in Sparta does great work for Jerry Gaw
Truth

United States

#19 Apr 9, 2017
Replaced a roof for me about 10 years ago. No problems & best price out of 3 bids. Professionalism all the way.
Nobama

Cookeville, TN

#20 Apr 9, 2017
Owner of Mathis Roofing wrote:
Just to let all You People know a little about Mathis Roofing. It has been around since 1972. Do the math, must be doing something right or would not still be in business.Also Scotty is not the owner nor has he ever been. In addition my business ethic is "Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed",so any problems contact me. P.S. Advanced Roofing out of Gainesboro, works for Mathis Roofing. I realize people are intitled to their opinions and I respect that, however if you are going to post something for the world to see be respectful and post only the FACTS!!!
Ok.....here's a FACT for you....Its "entitled", not "intitled".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Butch chaffin must go 5 min Laughing at this ... 143
year later democrats are still crying 1 hr victor 20
Driving on I40 1 hr Soldado 1
Where did Joe Harpe go when he left Farm Bureu 4 hr Sam merlotte 53
Tiffany golden 7 hr nutzaplente 5
Kayla Faye randolph 11 hr Jason 1
Alex Williams Fri HarleyTNurse 10

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance