vote board members out that wont get ...
whatIdontget

Cookeville, TN

#222 Jun 29, 2010
interesting wrote:
I have looked up all the dates posted on here in the herald citizen. It is all true. I find all this very interesting. The salaries of the central office is outrageous. All this information is true i have verified it. Personally this one person coming on here attacking everybody is scared for the public finding these things out. My personal opinion. Even if it were true that one person is writing all this information...wouldn't bother me a bit. I could care less I'm just glad to be informed as to what is going on. I find it hard though to believe That only one person has revenge for dr.airhart. so many people on topic and love to write things...so I'm not buying into that.
I have no desire for revenge against Dr. Airhart (I am assuming she is a doctor.) My only desire is to get the people involved AGAIN in the election of the Superintendent of Schools so that a qualified person can be accoutable to the entire COUNTY who are entitled to the opportunity to elect the person, not some six-member board. When the state passed that legislation to "take politics out of the school system" it was geared more toward major metropolitan areas that WERE suffering from debilitating, dysfunctional school systems that needed overhaul, NOT more rural areas like this. That is why Charlotte Burkes introduced a bill in the first place to allow smaller school systems the ability to opt-out of that proposal, but the jackasses in the state house killed it in committee...why? Because they WANTED to make these posts "appointment posts" and NOT elected positions. 3 consequtive appointment-terms later, the people of this county have been bilked out of Millions of dollars (yes, millions, a $65,000 per-year increase to superintendent pay per the last three who've held the position, the fiasco with the building of the new school in Monterey, which was completely necessaary but ran way over budget, the nonsense about the busses not running a few years ago when they were budgeted to do so, the buying-out of the first appointees contract when he was transferred to Dry Valley, and this $2.1 million dollar shortfall.) Enough is enough... I want the superintendant answerable to the citizens of this county again, not the 6 idiots that appointed her in the first place and gave her a bonus on top of the $125,000 she did'nt earn in the first place.
interesting

United States

#223 Jun 29, 2010
I totally agree with you.
whatIdontget wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no desire for revenge against Dr. Airhart (I am assuming she is a doctor.) My only desire is to get the people involved AGAIN in the election of the Superintendent of Schools so that a qualified person can be accoutable to the entire COUNTY who are entitled to the opportunity to elect the person, not some six-member board. When the state passed that legislation to "take politics out of the school system" it was geared more toward major metropolitan areas that WERE suffering from debilitating, dysfunctional school systems that needed overhaul, NOT more rural areas like this. That is why Charlotte Burkes introduced a bill in the first place to allow smaller school systems the ability to opt-out of that proposal, but the jackasses in the state house killed it in committee...why? Because they WANTED to make these posts "appointment posts" and NOT elected positions. 3 consequtive appointment-terms later, the people of this county have been bilked out of Millions of dollars (yes, millions, a $65,000 per-year increase to superintendent pay per the last three who've held the position, the fiasco with the building of the new school in Monterey, which was completely necessaary but ran way over budget, the nonsense about the busses not running a few years ago when they were budgeted to do so, the buying-out of the first appointees contract when he was transferred to Dry Valley, and this $2.1 million dollar shortfall.) Enough is enough... I want the superintendant answerable to the citizens of this county again, not the 6 idiots that appointed her in the first place and gave her a bonus on top of the $125,000 she did'nt earn in the first place.
whatshouldhappen

Manchester, TN

#224 Jun 29, 2010
whatIdontget wrote:
here's what I don't get... they took a position that was elected county-wide and "to take politics out of it" changed it to an appointed position to be filled by 6 people. So they took a decision that was left to the entire COUNTY, and left it to be filled by... SIX people. In order to "take politics out of it." Yep, that's the government in action... meanwhile, the LAST elected superintendant (Eulene Locke) was paid $75,000 a year, NEVER complained about her salary, and did a damn fine job running the school system here. The very NEXT guy to hold that position (as an APPOINTED, not ELECTED post) received a raise in salary to $125,000 (which is what the post pays now) does sucha piss-poor job he winds up assistant-principle of Dry Valley and the school board buys out his contract, and it turned out he did'nt even have the proper teaching credentials to teach in the state of Tennessee, much less be an administrator. And why was Airhart given a bonus? When she was allready aware there was going to be a $2.1 million dollar shortfall? WE need to save money in this school system? How about we start halving salaries for the schoolboard, halve the salry for the superintendant, scale back every non-academic programs or eliminate it entirely, and organize groundskeeping (and maybe athletic events) through the P.T.A.? Then, like a few years ago, to meet the remaining short-fall we cut bus routes and make parents drop-off and pick-up at various locations for a few months. And after this year, we get whoever replaced Charlotte Burkes in the state Senate to RE-INTRODUCE that bill that would have allowed us to go back to ELECTING our superintendant in the first place and never deal with incompetance and thievery again.
well, maybe if we show up at the next school board meeting and ask some people why the hell a guy like Skip Overstreet who spent his whole life teaching in this school system was'nt given the job instead of the guy you're talking about (can't remember the name, but I remember him getting transferred to the alternative school and bought out) who'd never taught here a day in his life we'd get some answers... if the school board can remember back that far.
facts

United States

#225 Jun 30, 2010
Dr. Martin was the director before airhart. The board picked airhart because they could control Her. She does whatever They tell her to. She has hired all their, along with her friends or family in the school system. Skip ovetstreet would have been a much better choice but he wouldn't be one to be controlled by the board so They didn't want him. This is precisely why this should be an elected position.
whatshouldhappen wrote:
<quoted text>
well, maybe if we show up at the next school board meeting and ask some people why the hell a guy like Skip Overstreet who spent his whole life teaching in this school system was'nt given the job instead of the guy you're talking about (can't remember the name, but I remember him getting transferred to the alternative school and bought out) who'd never taught here a day in his life we'd get some answers... if the school board can remember back that far.
Wow

Cookeville, TN

#226 Jun 30, 2010
It just goes on and on, doesn't it?
clean house wrote:
She knew about an authority figure on thid school system abuse my child and shes condoning it. I toils her if She didnt do something about it it would ruin my child. She said i dont Care im not doing anything about it. I told her my son was depressed and i was worried. Her reply wad i dont care go get him professional help. How can ee have a coldhearted woman in this position..
janet wrote:
Hummer. Media. Good idea. By the way my son is not an idiot. He is An honor student. And he hasnt been in trouble. He. Was abused and it was condoned by the director. And fyi this is not the only thing im doing to alert the public.<quoted text>
clean house wrote:
There may be people who don't agree with me but there are several who do. I only tell the truth and i am only 1 person on here. I don't have to use other identies. You just can't take it that other people don't agree with you and by the way your the one that posts on here under different names attacking anyone that writes something you don't like. Grow up. Im ignoring you for now on.
idiot wrote:
Thats what yhis woman gets for letting children be abused. Im afraid its only going to get worse for her. She let my child be abused and hes very depressed. She didnt do a damn thing about It but snicker at me. So i promised her i would let everybody know all about her. So everyday i tell people. Before long arrogant airhart will be known about all over town. Shes letting my sons dreams be ruined and shes going to pay. I will never give up on my son until justice is served.<quoted text>
clean house wrote:
Oh the school board will eventually get one. Lets see you posted the last 5 or 6 posts under different names so ill answer to the one of you. No i would never tell you all my sources. Why would i? My child was abused and you already know all about it. I don't really care if you like airhart. I keep talking to lots and lots of people that don't. So stay in your own little troubled world. Iyour just mad on here because I'm exposing airhart. <quoted text>
clean house wrote:
Thanks. You have some good advice. But theres alot more to it. My son has dreams and goals that he has worked hard for. He was working towards a scholarship that airhart let some dirty behind the scenes go on that knocked him out of it so her friends kid could get it. Cant say to much because of the law suit.<quoted text>
clean house wrote:
Anybody who has a story about airhart uncaring about your child in the school system please get on here and tell your story. Since i have been doing my investigation on her i have been told so many awful things she has done concerning our children. She doesnt care about them and will blow you off and not take care of any problem. She will even laugh in your face. She does not care. Let the public know how she is. Lets get her exposed.
Wow

Cookeville, TN

#227 Jun 30, 2010
and on and on...
This is wrong wrote:
I received papers in the mail yesterday that was talking about our board members and director. It was very disturbing. Seems like a child in our school system had a goal. For years he played baseball year round and private lessions several times a week. It says he wanted to get a schlarship yo go to college and play ball. It says he has worked hard all these years and is very good. It says a new coach was appointed last year and this child was bullyied all season. It says the new coach won't let him play this year because he doesn't like the child. It goes on to say every board member was contacted and said they couldn't do anything about it or they weren't getting involved. It says the director of schools said she didn't care and condoned what ever the coach wanted to do. It says the principal is a preacher and he also doesn't care and said he would condone whatever the coach says. It says the boy is very very depressed and the mother told dr. Airhart about it and dr. airhart laughed at her and told her to get him counceling and she didn't care if the boy was good or not if the coach didn't want him on the team then she was condoning it. The mother told dr. Airhart her child has worked hard for this and will be in 11th grade next year and you can't let a coach come along and take everything from this child and ruin his dreams
me too wrote:
And about the sports. Yes something needs to be done about the sports. Several kids are missing opportunities because they aren't in the click. There are so many better athletics that aren't getting on the teams or not getting play time because they aren't in the click. Rules need to be set. Coaches have no rules and some rules need to be set. Its a shame good athletics are being thrown away for kids that are average. <quoted text>
Change wrote:
I'm working on a petition to recall airhart. She has failed to manage public school funds in an ethical manner. She has condoned child abuse in our schools. Etc etc. I am getting signatures. I am going to serve the board with a notice on intent to recall. She has to go immediately!
did you get them wrote:
Hi vern Your going to be famous heres your famous quote at your house. I don't care that Your child is being abused. I'm not doing anything about it and really don't want to get involved. I don't care. Fine board member you are. Your suppose to care. You and airhart have condoned the abuse of a child and ruined his dreams and the story is about to be told. Airhart laughed and laughed on my face when i told her my son was drpressed and i was worried about him. She laughed and said "I'm not doing anything about the abuse, just get him counceling" and she was still laughing. A depressed child is not funny. People are going to find out what a coldblooded uncaring woman she is.d<quoted text>
The truth wrote:
I know dr.airhart very well. I've known her for years. Everything on these posts are true. She is very a very arrogant woman. She makes fun of the less fortunate. She is a very cold hearted woman. She thinks she can outsmart everybody. She truely doesn't care about anybody other than herself. It doesn't surprise me that somebody is having problems with the abuse of their child as I have heard her laugh and make fun of children several times. It makes her feel good to have this power that she has and be able to tell you she isn't going to help you. That makes her feel her power.
Wow

Cookeville, TN

#228 Jun 30, 2010
and on and on...
Abuse wrote:
Dr.airhart allowed my child to be abused also. My lawsuit is filed. I tell people I run into every day how horrible that woman is. And I will continue to. She didn't have an ounce of compassion for my child. She absolutely did not care about the abuse. My child is just once of several that has been abused and dr. Airhart allowed it. Another post stated dr. Airhart laughed at them about the abuse. I to had that same experience with her. She laughed at the abuse of my child. She's evil. But look at her. You can tell she's a miserable old hag. She looks scarey. We need somebody in the directors position that cares about our child.
Wow

Cookeville, TN

#229 Jun 30, 2010
Still sounds like sour grapes to me
Tumbelweeds

Mcminnville, TN

#230 Jun 30, 2010
I'd like to know why airfart is building a new elementary. Airfart listen closely WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL....WE NEED A NEW HIGH SCHOOL! We have a bunch of degenerate morons running this school system. Airfart and the morons on the board all need to go.
journey

United States

#231 Jun 30, 2010
Wow isn't that a journey song. On and on and on. I love it. Thanks vern for bringing all this back up. Looks nice all in a row like that. The point can get across better. Good job little gopher. P.s. did you wipe your poopy butt today.
Wow wrote:
and on and on...
<quoted text>
Wow

Cookeville, TN

#233 Jun 30, 2010
Sorry to burst your little bubble, but I am not Vern....just because someone can see thru all the BS doesn't make them Vern or any other board member, anyone related to Dr. airhart, anyone that works for her, on so on. Just another person that feels like this whole thing got started because someone's little baby didn't get what they wanted and now they are out for revenge. Personnally I think if anyone should be placing blame, then the parent needs to place blame on themself for leading their kid to believe they were the greatest thing in the world and when that came crashing down on them they became upset. It's a pretty sad thing when a parent sets their child up that like, no wonder they are depressed.
And oh yeah, careful..your level of maturity is showing...poopy butt, ha ha. Grow up!
clean house

Cookeville, TN

#234 Jun 30, 2010
Wow wrote:
Sorry to burst your little bubble, but I am not Vern....just because someone can see thru all the BS doesn't make them Vern or any other board member, anyone related to Dr. airhart, anyone that works for her, on so on. Just another person that feels like this whole thing got started because someone's little baby didn't get what they wanted and now they are out for revenge. Personnally I think if anyone should be placing blame, then the parent needs to place blame on themself for leading their kid to believe they were the greatest thing in the world and when that came crashing down on them they became upset. It's a pretty sad thing when a parent sets their child up that like, no wonder they are depressed.
And oh yeah, careful..your level of maturity is showing...poopy butt, ha ha. Grow up!
I agree with you totally. It is painfully obvious that this is nothing more than a grudge. This moron is not fooling anyone with their posts. I don't mind having a logical discussion about how to better our school system...however there is no point in making up nonsense about abuse and some papers in the mail.

The saddest part of this whole thread.....the poster actually thought people believed and cared about the story.
hahaha

United States

#235 Jun 30, 2010
Clean house,wow,dead horsehummm its painful how obvious that you are the same person and keep replying to yourself and attacking everybody that posts something you don't like. Smells like a board member.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#236 Jun 30, 2010
Take a look at this #$#

http://bit.ly/9TT0ga
clean house

Cookeville, TN

#237 Jun 30, 2010
hahaha wrote:
Clean house,wow,dead horsehummm its painful how obvious that you are the same person and keep replying to yourself and attacking everybody that posts something you don't like. Smells like a board member.
while I will admit I posted under different names to make fun of your nonsense...I did not post under wow....nice try though
clean house

Cookeville, TN

#238 Jun 30, 2010
hahaha wrote:
wait....clean house and dead horse and wow all came from different areas...that means they can't be the same person right? that was your excuse!
hahaha

United States

#239 Jun 30, 2010
Yes and all the other post came from different areas. But you saying they are all one person. It doesn't really matter if its one person or several anyway. Getting the facts out there is the only thing that matters. You seem obsessed with this. I think you need major consoling.
clean house wrote:
<quoted text>
wait....clean house and dead horse and wow all came from different areas...that means they can't be the same person right? that was your excuse!
hahaha

United States

#240 Jun 30, 2010
And by the way. The facts will be printed daily. The public needs to be aware of whats going on with this director and board members. We need to clean house and get a director and board members in that can actually balance the budget. We also need a director and board members that the public can have respect for. Have a great day.

Since: Mar 10

Account Closed

#241 Jun 30, 2010
clean house and get a director and board members in that can actually balance the budget. We also need a director and board members that the public can have respect for.
holla

Cookeville, TN

#242 Jul 1, 2010
Didn't every sports team at Cookeville High School win the district championship this year? Okay, maybe softball didn't, but you get the point. Sounds like CHS athletics are doing just fine.

I'm not Vern Crabtree, and I'm not on the school board, but I am employed by Putnam County Department of Education. I too have known Dr. Airhart for many years, and I doubt the veracity of the claims made against her on this forum. You want to have your voice heard and taken seriously? Write a letter to the editor at the Herald-Citizen. They don't let you do those without putting your name on it. It's easy to sensationalize and even fabricate things in the virtual world, especially when you don't have to attach your name to anything. If you read the newspaper, you'll notice that there have not been any letters to the editor slamming Dr. Airhart and her policies; in fact, the ones written about her are almost universally filled with praise. And then there's the debate on whether or not we need to raise taxes to cover the budget shortfall. But I haven't seen any in a long time (ever?) that criticize her.

Think about it. Who is more qualified than Dr. Airhart to hold this position? She has been trained for many years--she has a doctorate in education! Be careful what you wish for--we could have someone in there who does not have the sufficient training to do the job. Airhart does, and that's why she was appointed.

Fortunately, those who post on this forum do not proportionally reflect the demographics in Cookeville.

Want to know why there's budget shortfalls in the first place?

1. Our tax base is the sales tax. We're in a recession. People don't spend in a recession. Kill the sales tax (or at least cut it in half) and implement an income tax and we won't have such devastating budget shortfalls. Income tax can survive a recession without taking a huge hit.

2. The amount of money allocated to the schools has not changed over the past few years, but the combined total enrollment has increased by 600 students.

Consider these things when evaluating Dr. Airhart's performance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cummins is doomed 20 min Inthere 2
Maddies 2 hr Dksksk 9
Putnam co graduates class of 1981... 8 hr FINAL JUSTICE 8
Women with 70's bush, give it a SHAVE 8 hr nutzaplente 4
Infinity Birthing Center 10 hr Lupe 3
Smelly GASH is a such a turn off 11 hr Toad 10
Aaron swallows rape charge (May '15) 11 hr idoits 41
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cookeville Mortgages