are ther any preppers in cookeville

Posted in the Cookeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
local prepper

Manchester, TN

#1 Nov 27, 2012
if you see what is going on in this world today and in the us it worries me any one else care
Yosach

Cookeville, TN

#2 Nov 27, 2012
No, it will do no good now, its too late.
local prepper

Manchester, TN

#3 Nov 27, 2012
you are probley right but time will tell
Justsaying

Cookeville, TN

#4 Nov 27, 2012
local prepper wrote:
if you see what is going on in this world today and in the us it worries me any one else care
You’re not alone , Tennessee is full of peppers, even locally. I believe with events like the storms in the northeast is a good example/reason to have supplies on hand.
While no one can predict what will happen, it’s always a good idea to have supplies on hand for you and your family should something happen.
Also if you can buy up some stuff now, I would do so it’s not going to get any cheaper
I would rather have what I needed, then have to run out and try to get it if something happens.

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#5 Nov 27, 2012
I dont mind people having that hobby or even putting foodstores to use when need be but the teris and will always be survivalist.

DeDominicis

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#6 Nov 27, 2012
*term

Since: Aug 11

Indian Trail, NC

#7 Nov 27, 2012
There are alot of preppers everywhere. I believe that everyone needs to do this. If you haven't started you better get moving because time is short and soon enough you won't have anything to stock up on.
Kevin

Cookeville, TN

#8 Nov 27, 2012
The basics, Gun, plenty Ammo water, food, medical supplies, and a generator for electricity .
If you can network with others that would be good, a lot of people are doing that now.
local prepper

Manchester, TN

#9 Nov 27, 2012
well i started this to just test the waters but i have been for a while and i am glad to see others who are besides this you need to work on your skills that will be needed during this time
Heard

Cookeville, TN

#10 Nov 27, 2012
Lol Friday was the all time high for background checks for guns
prepared

Cookeville, TN

#11 Nov 27, 2012
People should always have a supply of at least six weeks worth of food and supplies. Even if the S don't HTF, with the way the economy is, you never know if you are going to lose your job, have to move..anything could happen. An emergency cash fund, plenty of ammo, seeds for gardening, water and bleach, chlorine tabs, weather radio, gasoline, generator in case grid goes down, money is good to stash at home too..not in a bank of course, ready to eat meals and a bug out pack for your car is good especially for the winter..always carry blanket, water, snacks, flashlights, jumper cables, etc. in your car too. Anybody who has made an hour or more run on the interstate and had to sit in a car for 45 minutes or more due to a wreck up ahead should know to prepare for these situations..also, a six month or year supply of food is preferred but basic essentials will get you by..rice and beans taste good when your hungry ;) but really all this is just good sense in the best of times..about the food..this time of year is a great time to stock up on cases of can green beans, corn, soups, etc. they will be the cheapest around the holidays. so when people laugh at 'preppers'..they are the ones with NO common sense. But, the main reason no one speaks of prepping is you don't want to tell folks what you got..or they WILL come and try to take it away from you if things get bad.
local prepper

Manchester, TN

#12 Nov 27, 2012
there are so many that say who will take care of me poor little me i have nothing so someone needs to take care of me
Interesting

Cookeville, TN

#13 Nov 27, 2012
Unforchently, some of the folks in the NE learned the hard way you cant always depend on the Government to help you.
Hope

Cookeville, TN

#14 Nov 28, 2012
prepared wrote:
People should always have a supply of at least six weeks worth of food and supplies. Even if the S don't HTF, with the way the economy is, you never know if you are going to lose your job, have to move..anything could happen. An emergency cash fund, plenty of ammo, seeds for gardening, water and bleach, chlorine tabs, weather radio, gasoline, generator in case grid goes down, money is good to stash at home too..not in a bank of course, ready to eat meals and a bug out pack for your car is good especially for the winter..always carry blanket, water, snacks, flashlights, jumper cables, etc. in your car too. Anybody who has made an hour or more run on the interstate and had to sit in a car for 45 minutes or more due to a wreck up ahead should know to prepare for these situations..also, a six month or year supply of food is preferred but basic essentials will get you by..rice and beans taste good when your hungry ;) but really all this is just good sense in the best of times..about the food..this time of year is a great time to stock up on cases of can green beans, corn, soups, etc. they will be the cheapest around the holidays. so when people laugh at 'preppers'..they are the ones with NO common sense. But, the main reason no one speaks of prepping is you don't want to tell folks what you got..or they WILL come and try to take it away from you if things get bad.
I agree you sure don’t wont to let everyone know what you have. I would also keep some silver on have or gold for when the banking system crashes and the dollar is no good at least you will have something to border with.
Carol

Cookeville, TN

#15 Nov 28, 2012
With our economy on the verge crashing, wouldn’t be a bad idea to have something’s stored back.
I wouldn’t want to be the squirrel, that didn’t prepare for winter
smoke em

Livingston, TN

#16 Nov 28, 2012
how goofy can u be? u cant prepare for doomsday and expect to outlive the nuclear fall out! read the bible and prepare for the judgement!
TNInbreeding

Cookeville, TN

#17 Nov 28, 2012
smoke em wrote:
how goofy can u be? u cant prepare for doomsday and expect to outlive the nuclear fall out! read the bible and prepare for the judgement!
You Think? Really? I was about to post when I read your post..did you read anything anyone posted ? Or are you just seeking some attention?
Tennessee would be a great place to live if the Inbreeding would stop…lol Y'all can't help it.
Any who know one said anything about dooms day, Storms and things like that from what I read…and no the welfare office wont send someone out to change your dipper and take care of you….When something happens…so I agree with the other posters it’s a good idea…
smoke em

Cookeville, TN

#18 Nov 28, 2012
smoke em wrote:
What? Huh?
beggar

Cookeville, TN

#19 Nov 28, 2012
smoke em wrote:
When it happens you will be one of many that are the first to go. You have no chance to survive.
Paul

Cookeville, TN

#20 Nov 28, 2012
beggar wrote:
<quoted text>When it happens you will be one of many that are the first to go. You have no chance to survive.
AMEN!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cookeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Butch chaffin must go 1 hr poor parent 3
Just say no to pagan rituals 3 hr nutzaplente 10
?illegals in Cookeville? 4 hr Nobama 197
Let's build the wall! 5 hr salestax 123
Teachers are Dumb 6 hr humm 35
Why liberals are wrong about Trump 9 hr Yoda 5
No money for teachers but plenty for land+const... 11 hr Educated Atheist 42

Cookeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance